• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Brawl Power Rankings - UPDATED 9/1/12

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
So if you say you're setting up a panel does that mean the one who is on the front page isn't up to date? Who'll make up the panel?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
You know you'll probably need an odd number of panelists in order to avoid ties.. Which would entail dropping one or adding an additional panelist. Just things I've seen in the past that I think might be of some help to you.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah, we've actually already had a 7th in mind for a while now, I just havent asked him if he's willing yet, as we need to get a bit more situated first.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I don't want to sound mean, but the panel should be made up of the better players who will be able to judge skill more accurately. Having said that, you don't want to drop Dryu.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Or you want the panelists to be made up of people who never miss a tourney and is really involved

Which marco has not been

I haven't missed a tourney for about a year now

Mars has only missed a couple in the last year

Staz has become really active this year

Zz holds most of the tourneys

Seph and Marco are the only panelists
Who have become rather inactive

:phone:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
LOL going to last tourney and coming today doesn't sound like he's too inactive anymore. And I'm not saying you should drop someone else over him, I'm just saying that you probably don't want to drop him. Just my opinion from having been in panel discussions in the past, that's all.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Man, I'm coming to this tourney, and I came to the one before the last one, but I'm not going to pretend that's considered active. Hell, if you NEED to drop someone just drop me. But I'd rather know who Z'z is inviting first before that happens.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Even though dryu did go to the last tourney and placed well he was really inactive before
Which resulted in him going down on the PR despite placing really well
Who knows Marco might start attending regulary but ATM he's inactive

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Technically no one needs to be dropped. If they're adding someone else then that defeats the purpose of dropping anyone and this convo is useless. The only point I was trying to get across was that it would be better to add someone than to drop dryu lol.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Quality over quantity IMO

7 panelists Is like half our scene lol
Let's let everyone be a panelist!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
7 panelists is about a 5th of our scene, and there's even more people in our scene than that if you want to count all the inactives.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
They top at 18-20, and rarely do we have the same 2 people attend every tournament. Also, a lot of people are limited in their access to be able to attend (see people like Decimo, Newba, Esx, Tshy, XDDD, Shiro, etc. All people who attend whenever possible and have been to 3+ tournaments, but have transportation/school issues making it impossible to attend everything)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If you for some reason wanted to know how the Neumont tournament affected the rankings, this is what they would be like after adding in those results (and no, this is not an official update, it's literally just me telling you what's changed now that I added in those results):

TOP 10
1. Lada - :rob: :lucario: 0
2. Mars - :sheik: :wario: 0
3. Sexy Yaz - :metaknight: :wario: 0
4. Dark Ryu - :diddy: :wario: +2
5. XDDD - :metaknight: :zerosuitsamus: :wolf: -1
6. Staz - :falco: -1
7. Fluttershy - :yoshi2: +1
8. deathbysuarez - :toonlink: :sonic: -1
9. Ken Neth - :snake: NEW
10. Gangstakirby - :kirby2: :fox: :falcon: -1
HONORABLE MENTIONS
HM. Cherry - :peach: +1
HM. Jellyfishn - :dedede: :gw: :toonlink: -2

So yeah. And lol at Kenny already that high with only 2 tournaments lmao, usually you arent even close in points until at least 3.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It's hard to get on the list with only 2 tournaments, but you are in fact only 2 spots away from making the list, so as long as you place as good as you have been next tournament, Im almost positive you'll make it on there. ;)

Also, Dryu, GW isnt by your name ._.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Why did you put GW? If I use one character in tournament it automatically makes it on that shizzy list?
ZZ is a urcpromkbanfag, they count every single pocket mk usage as a full on mk user for life.... anything for that ban i guess.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Kev got ***** by bj, how isnt he lower?
Cuz the rankings are currently 100% results based, and Kev still got 3rd, being the 2nd highest placing of our state's players.

So is there going to be an official update before the end of the year or are we waiting for the next tourney?
There will be. Im going to make some panelist changes if not everyone is prepared by the next week, and we'll have the list done sometime between Christmas and New Year, and probably released on New Years or New Years Eve.

ZZ is a urcpromkbanfag, they count every single pocket mk usage as a full on mk user for life.... anything for that ban i guess.
I was actually one of the last people in the URC to go Pro Ban, just fyi.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Cuz the rankings are currently 100% results based, and Kev still got 3rd, being the 2nd highest placing of our state's players.

There will be. Im going to make some panelist changes if not everyone is prepared by the next week, and we'll have the list done sometime between Christmas and New Year, and probably released on New Years or New Years Eve.

I was actually one of the last people in the URC to go Pro Ban, just fyi.
ooohhhh so in otherwords "our PR isnt a real PR right now cuz our panel is slow"

doesn't matter. the URC and its methods have been an anti mk conspiracy since the day mk became considered top tier. your still a proban ***. you still use their wierd method of buffing the mk representation. you are still a urc ***. and all of them still will lose tourneys and get ***** by top queers on a reg basis.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
ooohhhh so in otherwords "our PR isnt a real PR right now cuz our panel is slow"
Yeah, basically. We needed a PR for the sake of seeding, so I did what I could by myself by setting up the Point system to avoid personal bias and to serve as a place holder until the Panel got situated.

doesn't matter. the URC and its methods have been an anti mk conspiracy since the day mk became considered top tier. your still a proban ***. you still use their wierd method of buffing the mk representation. you are still a urc ***. and all of them still will lose tourneys and get ***** by top queers on a reg basis.
Lol, its not like we all just said 'K GUYS TIME TO BAN MK HUEHUEHUE' we actually discussed it for well over 2 months and were pretty indecisive on the whole subject for the majority of the time. Also, a handful of URC members are still a bit Anti Ban. Also, there are a few URC members who do in fact place well in nationals, taking top spots on occasion, but the URC is more a group of all the big TOs, not so much all the Top Players like the BBR. The reason the URC was even started in the first place was to put all the major TOs in the US on the same page, so that there would be a universal ruleset so that people didnt have to adjust to different rules every other tournament and so on.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Lol, its not like we all just said 'K GUYS TIME TO BAN MK HUEHUEHUE' we actually discussed it for well over 2 months and were pretty indecisive on the whole subject for the majority of the time. Also, a handful of URC members are still a bit Anti Ban. Also, there are a few URC members who do in fact place well in nationals, taking top spots on occasion, but the URC is more a group of all the big TOs, not so much all the Top Players like the BBR. The reason the URC was even started in the first place was to put all the major TOs in the US on the same page, so that there would be a universal ruleset so that people didnt have to adjust to different rules every other tournament and so on.
YOU didn't.

but that is THE SOLE PURPOSE for the urc, dont ban mk? dont get a featured tourney

IIRC some doesnt mean one person.

also no they dont urc members dont take top 3 in national events like EVER maybe once if not zero times.

and just because your a major TO doesn't mean you know whats best for the game and its pretty dumb that your tourneys CANT get featured just because they dont follow a set of rules made by people who dont know near as much as the actual GOOD players about this game

that post is just a john for what you know the urc really is, a bunch of scrubs bawwing over a character thats just hard and abusing their power over the community to enforce a rule that only scrubs like them want, he's not even broken, if he were broken he would have garunteed combos on shield all day and **** like Vism akuma.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I personally don't see a problem with MK, can hold my own against him, and wouldn't ban him myself. But in all honesty I think the MK ban will only help improve the metagame and tourneys will become a lot more diverse and in a way more enjoyable for most people. The way I see it is what's done is done and there's no point in trolling over it now.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
YOU didn't.

but that is THE SOLE PURPOSE for the urc, dont ban mk? dont get a featured tourney

IIRC some doesnt mean one person.

also no they dont urc members dont take top 3 in national events like EVER maybe once if not zero times.

and just because your a major TO doesn't mean you know whats best for the game and its pretty dumb that your tourneys CANT get featured just because they dont follow a set of rules made by people who dont know near as much as the actual GOOD players about this game

that post is just a john for what you know the urc really is, a bunch of scrubs bawwing over a character thats just hard and abusing their power over the community to enforce a rule that only scrubs like them want, he's not even broken, if he were broken he would have garunteed combos on shield all day and **** like Vism akuma.
umad bro?

I personally don't see a problem with MK, can hold my own against him, and wouldn't ban him myself. But in all honesty I think the MK ban will only help improve the metagame and tourneys will become a lot more diverse and in a way more enjoyable for most people. The way I see it is what's done is done and there's no point in trolling over it now.
MK is only gone in hopes of other characters' meta-games being developed. If nothing happens and the game is hardly changed/effected by the ban, he will come back no doubt. Also, of course YOU dont have a problem with MK, you use Snake lol.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
you act like theres a point to trolling other than solely for the sake of trolling come on mayne.

also, no it wont. itll just make scrubs baw when they lose to insert top tier here instead of mk.

umad bro?

MK is only gone in hopes of other characters' meta-games being developed. If nothing happens and the game is hardly changed/effected by the ban, he will come back no doubt. Also, of course YOU dont have a problem with MK, you use Snake lol.
I aint even mad, i dont use mk...

its just that I cant help but feel bad for poor lil m2k, all he had in this world was his lil brother mk and the money exposing him to the world brought in, now he has to room up with this really creepy old greasy guy with a curly cue moostache that honestly probably isnt gonna be paying the rent any time soon.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I lost to Shizzy MK and Diddy last tournament and I aint complaining.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
On the outside.

but on the inside your eggs are ****ing SCRAMBLED.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Imma send PMs, dont worry, Ill explain EVERYTHING. Just been busy with family and xmas lately.

Top Bottom