• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
BYU tournament is on the 21st, yes, but there might also be one on the 28th, Ill let you know in the next couple days.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Imma try to advertise this upcoming tourney alot gais

:phone:
Please do! We are really trying to make this one awesome!

BTW today's smashfest was awesome! We started out at Kenny's but then came over to my place! IT was a lot of fun!

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
It's cause yoshi is bad.

As good as some Japanese players are, i don't think their meta game is quite as advanced with other characters. There's some things on there that are obviously wrong IMO.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
It's cause yoshi is bad.

As good as some Japanese players are, i don't think their meta game is quite as advanced with other characters. There's some things on there that are obviously wrong IMO.

Yeah that's true, but I definitely agree with them that Ganon is better than Jiggs.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh, and btw, the actual reason Yoshi is low is because literally nobody good in Japan uses him at all. The only somewhat good Japanese Yoshi player is Karamity, but he goes 80% Fox anyway, and when he came to Apex (yes, he came to Apex) he drowned in first pools, and was noticeably worse compared to the top Yoshi player in the US. Japan just hates Yoshi I guess so he's low lol.

philbobjoe

Smash Journeyman
Well Kakera got 5th at Apex using IC/MK and from what I understand 9B (Japan's best player) uses IC (not sure whether main or secondary).

wangston

Smash Lord
got to get my post in before the strike.

Who cares about tiers they don't matter if you don't play at the highest level of play because that is what they are based off of.

Raise your hand if you play at the highest level.

*raises dong*

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
got to get my post in before the strike.

Who cares about tiers they don't matter if you don't play at the highest level of play because that is what they are based off of.

Raise your hand if you play at the highest level.

*raises dong*
Wow thats why this scrub isn't on the Power rankings.:P

If you don't care about top level play then you can't really improve that much.

wangston

Smash Lord
Yeah but caring about tiers won't help me get better.

I care about watching top level players play and learning stuff from then and to see the current meta game and the best way to play the game. Only way to get better is to play and stop making stupid mistakes. I do that all the time, stupid mistakes that is. Yaz is way good at pointing them out, thats why I love playing with him, and cause he is sexy but that is another story.

No one in utah wins because where their character is ranked on the tier list its because of their skill as a player. No one loses cause it either, it's cause the suck, no johns

philbobjoe

Smash Journeyman
Honestly it doesn't matter too much whether you play MK or a different top/high tier character, it matters what your own skill is, and how much practice you put into the game. Look at the top 12 at Apex. Only 4 used MK, and one of them used IC as well. Ocean got 9th with ROB even. Just pick a character or two and stick with them and work hard.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Honestly it doesn't matter too much whether you play MK or a different top/high tier character, it matters what your own skill is, and how much practice you put into the game. Look at the top 12 at Apex. Only 4 used MK, and one of them used IC as well. Ocean got 9th with ROB even. Just pick a character or two(and make sure it isn't jiggs or Ganon) and stick with them and work hard.
There. Fixed.

You don't look at tiers to see how crappy your character is and john about it, you look at where he is on the tiers, and try to build up his meta-game so he rises on the tiers. Tiers are from results. One of the biggest reasons I love looking at the tiers is to see who is doing well, why they're doing well, and how I can get my character higher on it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
To be honest, I think it's pretty neat to just see how another country's tier list.
It's not about finding which character is better, but more like just getting a peek on how others see the game.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Freakin' jelly. Every time I see your post I think you're Kevin. And I can't tell Rade and Wangston apart cause all I see is that corrupt fate! Confusion.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Lol tiers make me laugh, well no not tiers themselves, cause i believe they demonstrate valuable data, I just love to see peoples reactions to said tiers hahahahah

anywhoo waffles always good

and this saturday is gonna be sweet

Top Bottom