• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Glad to have known about it cause we had a bunch of smashers together bored out of our minds haha.

And yeah, I think if everyone would put a little effort into following these rules and not crying about them it'll make things run a whole lot smoother.

:phone:

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
It's hard to be on time when the TO is late too...

Now that Utah County has a fair share of their smashers back, we should hold crews. SLC vs Utah County. I think that would be fun.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ive only legit been late once, and that was cuz I got gayed mad hard. I was camping the Wednesday-Friday and we got back super late, and I crashed and slept in when I got back.

Also, that would be a pretty awesome idea actually with crews lol.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
you guys did a tourney without announcing,? dag yo, Let me know if we do something, send me a txt, I got waff askin me when tourneys are so he can go.

And as for the rules, in my humble opinion, I mean I'm cool, me and jelly were like the first ones to the newmont tourney. Being on time is sweet, although now that school and work has started I think it woud be a good idea to have at least zz's number so we can pop him a txt if we are running late (cause it happens to the best of us)

Personally(I prefer the air) i think the hardest thing to enforce will be the TV usage, I mean if people are late, you can do what I did, is I'd just throw them into losers bracket. But you can dq, whatever you decide as a TO.

With TV usage you gotta keep a close eye on things. As for breaks and stuff I mean, it just takes some common sense, I mean none of would us would just leave at an OoS tourney. I haven't been to too many tourneys but why does everyone sound so angry? Is it really that bad? Well whatever, I mean it looks like most of these problems could be simply solved by just talking to the TO, I mean the TO's are normally pretty nice, if you just say can i grab something to eat, normally they will be ok with that. SO my two cents is, everyone just talk to the TO and things will run smoothly, no-one wants to ruin the tourneys, it just comes from a lac k of sensible communication.

Anywhoo, crews would be seet, now that i speak spanish, does that make me a mexi? or whos crew am i in?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The tournament was actually a birthday party so it wasnt really a tournament tournament lol.

And for anyone who wants my number, its: 801-597-7078. Like I said, if you guys are running a couple mins late, just make sure I know and I'll do what I can, just dont make a habit of it and dont be THAT late lol.

And the crew you'd be in depends on where you live, what city are you in?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Salt lake county has a lot more players than Utah county so we would have to limit the number of players per crew. Possibly multiple crews?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If need be when can break up into multiple sections, but as we usually dont exceed 20 people per tournament, people arent always at every event, and the fact that the new hip thing in Crew Battles is 7v7, I doubt we'd need more that 2 crews unless our scene gets MUCH bigger MUCH faster.

And Kenny, I got your number btw.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Are there even 7 smashers in UC? lol. I was just thinking of multiple crews in case, for example, there are 5 UC smashers and then 10+ SLC smashers. But yeah, you're probably right.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Only 5?

Ken Neth
Yaz
Rockmix
Jelly
Joke
Wangston
Rade?
And Probably more I cant think of off the top of my head. Thats 7 :p

harpuia190

Smash Ace
I am a draperite, and that means salt lake county for me, but im kinda in a the middle so whatever works.
And smashfest today?

harpuia190

Smash Ace
I may be able to go, and I will be driving so i could be guilted into giving someone a ride, like jooooooooooooooooooooke

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
If you did, what time would it be at?

PS: We would adopt Rade into UC any day if he would come.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Alright guys, imma start working on putting together a new up to date OP. If there's anything you think should be on it, feel free to speak up. I'd also like to get a picture of our scene for it to (so a big group pic at a tournament or something) so Ill prob do that at the BYU tournament or something.

EDIT: I think it would also be a nice addition to have a Locations sections, so if you can, can you guys tell me the city you each live in? Thanks.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
So I live in Orem. People can come over for a fest today. And as lame as it sounds, it's only going to go till 8:00 cause there's other stuff going on tonight. So people can come over around 2:00.

1065 n 1360 e

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Dang. Also since my family will also be around and I think it's common courtesy anyways, I'm going to set some ground rules for coming over.

No swearing or using crude language. Also no yelling or being unnecessarily loud.

No wandering the house. We will be in a part of the basement so I'll expect everyone to stay in that area.

No smoking, drugs, alcohol etc in or around the house.

People are free to use the pool table and other items of entertainment, but please be respectful of everything and don't mess with anything you shouldn't be messing with.

No funny business (dryu >_> lol)

Top Bottom