• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Guys, I just won $50 at a random Game Stop tournament out here in Cali going all Bowser/Mario lmao. THE BEST!

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
man this is ****ing stupid
we need more Zz'z or me's to join the scene
we have people who show up to tourneys and we never see them again, they're cowards
people like me and Zz didn't give up when we started we stuck through it
just on ma mind right now

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So guys, smash weekend is this weekend. The Sandy Nickelcade Lock-In is this Friday night/Saturday Morning, and there WILL be a Smash tournament as Im running it. Then, after the lock-in ends, you can go straight to the tournament at this place Gojira is hyping up, I will be going as well. So yes, all nighter, 16 hours straight smashing, lets do this, WHO'S WITH ME?!

Oh, and also, gonna bring the UTAH back, getting the venue rented out again. It's probably gonna be either June 30th or July 7th, but I'm not positive yet and I'll get back to you guys when the date is confirmed which should be sometime next week.

xGojirax

Smash Rookie
Tournament reminder

The next ranbat will be held June 16 at the Coffee shop. This place is huge and has some amazing food and drinks.

Games:
- Mortal Kombat 9
- Soul Calibur V
- Street Fighter 4: 2012
- Street Fighter x Tekken
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

There is no entree free. $5 per game. Casuals for Capcom games start at 2PM and the ranbat will start at 4 PM. It should go no later that 7.

Keep in mind there is an ACTUAL Brawl tournament being ran here and it will already have like 5 attendees plus whoever is still playing it in the smash scene. There will be a challenge Bowser set-up as well for Melee. I want to see who evolved in the scene and see how good the new talent is.

So far I am MM
-Dryu in a first to 5 MM.
-Mars in SF4 for some ****ing reason

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
CO is having their tourney the 21st, not the 14th. That kind of messes up your plans lol.

Also, I don't know if I'll be able to make it to the tourneys this weekend.
:phone:

-Final-

Aria♪
Tournament reminder

The next ranbat will be held June 16 at the Coffee shop. This place is huge and has some amazing food and drinks.

Games:
- Mortal Kombat 9
- Soul Calibur V
- Street Fighter 4: 2012
- Street Fighter x Tekken
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

There is no entree free. $5 per game. Casuals for Capcom games start at 2PM and the ranbat will start at 4 PM. It should go no later that 7.

Keep in mind there is an ACTUAL Brawl tournament being ran here and it will already have like 5 attendees plus whoever is still playing it in the smash scene. There will be a challenge Bowser set-up as well for Melee. I want to see who evolved in the scene and see how good the new talent is.

So far I am MM
-Dryu in a first to 5 MM.
-Mars in SF4 for some ****ing reason
I can probably go to this. I have nothing else going on that day.

I'd definitely be down for some melee as well.

:quill:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
GUYS, Sandy Nicklecade Lock-In Brawl tournament the night before this tournament, everyone come.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
SOmeone post up the addresses and times for both these tournaments please. Too lazy to look back through the thread but i'll probably come to both lmao.

xGojirax

Smash Rookie
I have to deliver a message to a certain individual. That individual is Gkirbz.

What the **** is your problem? Why must you come into another communities thread and act like a ****ing 5 year old? What made you decide to do this? Its ****ing childish.
for those that don't know whats going on here is a little bit of what he posted on the Utah SF scene thread.

but thats ok if yall are too terrible at it you can play free fighter 4 arcade freedition all your little SRK wake up spamming hearts can handle. playing a real game might cause one of you fatties to have a stroke or some **** from moving so much.

That is just a little insert of what he had to say to our scene. Sad thing is, I know he isn't the only one laughing.

Gkirbz, before you even started the trolling/harassment the first time I stuck up for the smash scene saying it was full of mature responsible individuals. Then to have you pop your stupid ****ing irresponsible face into our thread and start this stupid **** leaves me embarrassed.

To be honest, last event of smash I went too granted it was a long time ago, you were overshadowed by everyone including the randoms I never heard of before in both Brawl and Melee. For you to be good at an actual fighting game is a concept I cannot even think of.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Why do you care?

Doesn't seem like any of the Street Fighter guys care.

It's a forum about a stupid video game, I don't see why you make this big deal about respect when it matters not.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
lololol
taxmaster told me about his posts
i was about to post all the posts he did
everyone should check them out on the utah thread in SRK
RJ is going in hard!

xGojirax

Smash Rookie
Why do you care?

Doesn't seem like any of the Street Fighter guys care.

It's a forum about a stupid video game, I don't see why you make this big deal about respect when it matters not.
The Utah SF scene does care that's why a mod got involved. The fact is that its ****ing childish and I want Gkirbz logic behind it. Does anyone from the Utah SF scene come in here and do **** like that to you guys? No, and we would expect you guys not to come in our thread and do **** either....is that too much to ask?

Also the details about the tournament
Casuals start at 2pm actual tournaments start at 4pm. If Taxmaster comes on here at all....he is running the Brawl and UmvC3 tournament and can probably provide you with much better specifics. here is the address information: http://kafeneiocoffee.yolasite.com/directions.php

If anyone has any problems finding it you may Text me at 8016752126 as I will be there before 2:00pm to help set **** up.

I will also have a Melee station up probably before 2.(this portion depends if someone is not using the venue before 2:00pm)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
It's not really a matter of what anyone from either scene is doing; it's just because it's gkirbz that we're talking about. For some reason, he finds it enjoyable to troll, unfortunately for a lot of people. He's even permanently banned from SmashBoards (he's made dozens of alternate accounts since he was initially banned and all of them get banned eventually, and anyone that lets him use their account also has their account banned temporarily until they promise not to let him use it again).

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
For the tourney on Saturday. What's the address? Is it teams and singles? Do you actually think it'll be over in three hours? If I come, I expect birthday presents ;)

wangston

Smash Lord
Hey now...... be nice to these sf4 people. I want them to host another ranbat with smash when I back in utah that way I can troll everyone with my chun li and mm jira for his house. Free house ******es!!!!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
but thats ok if yall are too terrible at it you can play free fighter 4 arcade freedition all your little SRK wake up spamming hearts can handle. playing a real game might cause one of you fatties to have a stroke or some **** from moving so much.
That's funny because I don't even remember Gkirbz even waking up without mashing a reversal in 3rd Strike.
the first time I stuck up for the smash scene saying it was full of mature responsible individuals.
Yeah, I wouldn't have said that lol. Maybe some, but I wouldn't say full. Not even close.

xGojirax

Smash Rookie
For the tourney on Saturday. What's the address? Is it teams and singles? Do you actually think it'll be over in three hours? If I come, I expect birthday presents ;)

258 West 3300 South Salt Lake City

The length of the tourney depends on how many people enter. I would apreciate it if one of you guys bring a set-up unless Taxmaster has enough.

___X___

Smash Lord
Hahaa, you guys are cute, especially Gojira, he's super cute. Expect the Mexi's + Rockmix to attend the tourney(s).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
WEEKEND TOURNAMENT INFO

Sandy Nickelcade Lock-In
Date: June 16
Time: 1:00am
Place: The Nickelcade in Sandy
Address: 798 East 9400 South, Sandy
Games: Brawl, DDR, Many other things that I have no idea of or dont care to list, Unlimited Arcade Games for free all night long
Food: Free Pizza and drinks all night long, have as much or as little as you like

The Kafenio Coffee house Ranbat 1.0
Date: June 16
Time: 4:00pm Casuals for all games start at 2:00pm
Place: The Kafenio in SLC
Address: 258 West 3300 South, Salt Lake City
Games: Brawl, SF4AE2012, UMvC3, SC5, MK9
Food: The venue sells amazing Sammiches and their is an Apollo Burger in the same parking lot. If neither of those tickle your fancy their are other places nearby.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
LMAO.

ZZ put that pic of GKirbz in the first post of this thread lololololol too goodz

Top Bottom