• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

___X___

Smash Lord
Balaji, I'm actually pretty sad that you're gone.....

dRyu, please tear dat Jira a new one for me.
Assuming he hasn't torn himself new ones by now, lmmfao!

xGojirax

Smash Rookie
Balaji, I'm actually pretty sad that you're gone.....

dRyu, please tear dat Jira a new one for me.
Assuming he hasn't torn himself new ones by now, lmmfao!

Why dont you come and ill double my earnings by beating you as well lol. Seriously, why don't you come its both Brawl and Melee, and I think I may be the best person there for Brawl.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
omfg! wow! dude Final would body him in brawl
hell even sephiroth
hell my 2008 ZSS 2 stocked him last time

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
So guys, I just went to update the rankings and stuff, but I realised that we literally have no tournaments to add. I went through the last 50 pages or so looking for stuff, and the only thing I didnt already have added was the BYU tournament I didnt enter. There were also the few tournaments at Anand's/Seph's house, but those all had literally 8 people at most (3 of whom are Anand, Ebo, and Wang who arent even here anymore, which means it would just pump 5 people in our scene with points), and just buffed devon and I to the sky (we would be ranked #4 and #5 lmao) so I decided against adding the small ones (I did add that BYU one still btw). So yeah, no update cuz there are no tournaments, I'll update after we get 3 more legit ones, and by legit I mean entrants that reach the double digits lol.
or you can stop being lazy and just add those tournaments anyway
cause last i heard power ranking decisions is like
50% tournament results and
50% panel discussion

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
It's rude enough for people that know him to trash talk with him like that, but for someone new that doesn't even know him to do it just to join in...
At least in the former case, it could just be casual teasing back and forth between people that know each other.

helenkeller

Smash Rookie
It's rude enough for people that know him to trash talk with him like that, but for someone new that doesn't even know him to do it just to join in...
At least in the former case, it could just be casual teasing back and forth between people that know each other.
your rite, no reason to poke fun a forum or have fun when PC is around. found that out and ive only been here for a month.

xGojirax

Smash Rookie
Yea. No. Marco is going. So am I. Probly anyone else from the smash scene who's going would body you in Brawl too.
OH NO! People are better than me in Brawl? Oh **** I could not think of a reason why they are......

Why do I sense so much hostility from you?

helenkeller

Smash Rookie
So guys, I just went to update the rankings and stuff, but I realised that we literally have no tournaments to add. I went through the last 50 pages or so looking for stuff, and the only thing I didnt already have added was the BYU tournament I didnt enter. There were also the few tournaments at Anand's/Seph's house, but those all had literally 8 people at most (3 of whom are Anand, Ebo, and Wang who arent even here anymore, which means it would just pump 5 people in our scene with points), and just buffed devon and I to the sky (we would be ranked #4 and #5 lmao) so I decided against adding the small ones (I did add that BYU one still btw). So yeah, no update cuz there are no tournaments, I'll update after we get 3 more legit ones, and by legit I mean entrants that reach the double digits lol.
so guys i know im the new guy but i need to know were we can set up a venue , were will EVERYBODY come to play? we have to get utah back on the map for smash. i have a venue up here in ogden but i know alot of the SL guys dont have a way of getting up here so were is a medium ground?i can get stores to hook us up but i need location first. can i please get a response from everybody or opinions.starting next month if we can get 2 a months not only can we get on the board but we can go back to vegas and roflstomp (sorry PC had to) i think our communication is horrible and cant get events set up but im saying i will set up all events but am not going to waste my time money and effort if we dont have enough people to qual.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
so guys i know im the new guy but i need to know were we can set up a venue , were will EVERYBODY come to play? we have to get utah back on the map for smash. i have a venue up here in ogden but i know alot of the SL guys dont have a way of getting up here so were is a medium ground?i can get stores to hook us up but i need location first. can i please get a response from everybody or opinions.starting next month if we can get 2 a months not only can we get on the board but we can go back to vegas and roflstomp (sorry PC had to) i think our communication is horrible and cant get events set up but im saying i will set up all events but am not going to waste my time money and effort if we dont have enough people to qual.
Draper is a great middle ground ;)

harpuia190

Smash Ace
congratulations Rade
sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry

xGojirax

Smash Rookie
I live 10 minutes away from you, do you Play just Brawl? Or do you Play Melee as well?

helenkeller

Smash Rookie
I live on hill AFB jira and I prefer mellee I got into brawl to play in Utah I'm very very bad at it currently. To go back to the original post is draper ok? Who can t.o.? And what events can be played? Again I can do all the leg work if I get the info

:phone:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
If I can make it to the tourney I am fine with running it. If I cant make it, there are plenty of people who know how to run one here.

Normally, it's brawl teams and singles with a melee singles side event if enough of the melee players make it.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
that Neumont tourney was pretty cool - I'd base my power rankings off of that - esp since we had out of state peeps to compare to

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
dont worry, I still have that place in Draper for The UTAH, Im just on Vacation atm and earlier my grandma who helped me get it was having health problems so I didnt wanna have to give her anything else to deal with. In a bit we'll start doing stuff there again.

Also, if we base our rankings solely off the Neumont Tournament, lots of people wouldnt even be ranked cuz they werent there and Id move up like 3 spots lmao.

helenkeller

Smash Rookie
I didn't even hear about nuenomont. That's pretty legit that u have a spot zz. I'm just instigating it rather.when we went to Vegas I saw they had a very good setup to the point were there people were ranking due to activity.i want the dame for Utah. They played twice a month and drew a crowed, mean even we took a trip.if we have an active scene we can get Idaho Arizona Cali cone visit.but again I'more interested on getting more of our names ranked

harpuia190

Smash Ace
We had a point in time where we were somewhat close to that. we did some OoS tourneys and we were building a lot of momentum.

Now (and this isnt anyones fault) we lack the consistency needed to develop a scene. We used to hold 2 tourneys a month in two different venues. The scene was able to grow quite alot during those times.

Personally I cant claim to have the time to do anything about it, but if we want a thiriving scene we need tourney consistency. Tourneys motivate smashfests, which motivates new people and good people, which lead to hype and growth.

Those are my two cents about the situation

xGojirax

Smash Rookie
So who all is going to the Kafenio brawl on the 16th?

who is currently the top 10 players for Melee? Or is there not even that many?

Also, doesn't anyone know if there is going to be a side Melee tournament at evo.

helenkeller

Smash Rookie
yea i see that harpuia, we jsut need somebody to take the reigns and run w it. i have the contacts to make it work but people just need to be flexiable and i can get some insane tournaments together. getting the rankings together for us will be a nice start to say the least and beeing able to update it consistantly.i am bad atm but want to get better and this is a way to do it. Ken has said that many people can T.O so that makes life easier i can ask around in my stores and i can get all of these ogden kids hyped. the game is still strong and we need to get better. utah is kinda akward in the rankings but we can fix that imo
if anybody has suggesstion plese text me (or u just wana smash) 801 791 0090
im all ears for ideas id like to just take the helm and go

Top Bottom