• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Aw look at the flyer Kenny made for me because he woves me sooooo much, and Jessy is printing it out for me becaue my mom can't know that I am having flyers made to give to some people. :)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
We should get everyone to advertize this tourney by putting those flyers up everywhere. Let's get as many people as we can to this tourney :)

People can get the file from either me or corrupt fate. Just PM us.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Noooooooo to many people we can try that for the next one, my mom wants/thinks this is an invite only tourny as it is if I have like 50 people then bad thinks might happen and we can't do this again. If FTS wants it we can do it for MA, and we might be able to do that in future tournies I hold after my mom gets use to the idea of me having people she doen'st know and some I might not know over in our basment.

also still need TV's if anyone can bring them

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
O my god PC is right thank god! ya kenny change it to 50% or ill hug you. thx PC I don't know if we need the venue fee up there its just a quick ad for it not everything about it, they can call/email/ look at the URL if they want any of that.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I will NOT help with false advertisement...

First place only gets 50%, but the poster conveniently forgets about the venue fee.
:p
Haha, woops. I didn't "conveniently" forget about the venue fee. I was just way out of it when I made the first one. Here's the new flyer.

Mike, I've emailed you the new file.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Thx again kenny.

I think there should be alot of new people comming to this one, as alot of people in the area that go to the PnT and who just live around here's parents wont let them go to FTS's as they don't know him and its a bit farther. So if Wild brings his buddy's and the people around here come there should be alot of new players, that hopfully will come to more tounies in general.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Thx again kenny.

I think there should be alot of new people comming to this one, as alot of people in the area that go to the PnT and who just live around here's parents wont let them go to FTS's as they don't know him and its a bit farther. So if Wild brings his buddy's and the people around here come there should be alot of new players, that hopfully will come to more tounies in general.
Nice! that means don't three stock them... actually give them a reason for them to come back to more tournies.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Sundays aren't good in Utah. The turnout would be horrible. I wouldn't be able to come either.. We shouldn't change the date. Let's just leave it on the 27th

Ken Neth

Smash Champion

Here's the new updated flyer. Let me know what you think of it, or if something is wrong, or something needs to be changed, etc.

___X___

Smash Lord
i say you change the mario picture to another character since its at a different location! :D

and like...make it NOT say tourny of fate.

also i say try to make the flyer not looking the same

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Haha it's still the same tourney and I don't feel like making a whole new flyer when this one hasn't been used yet. We'll just get rid of the old ones that look the same. Also, Mario is a widely recognized character so it will draw more attention to the flyer than another not-so-well-known character would.

I agree with the tourney of fate thing though. It seems pretty cluttered to me. So I went ahead and changed that.

Any other suggestions from anybody?

Edit: Ugh. I uploaded the wrong one. Hold on a sec.

Edit2: Fixed

C!Z

Smash Lord
Chris, I thought I'd just let you know you need to work on your wavedashing with Falcon. They're way too short ;)

___X___

Smash Lord
Chris, I thought I'd just let you know you need to work on your wavedashing with Falcon. They're way too short ;)
o no!

how do i make them longer.......!?
time to train some more with fat david,

but then again... we kinda have Brawl back... so we are playing more of that :(

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
...how do i make them longer.......!?...
By PERFECT Wavedashing...seriously, that's what it's called. You just have to position your control stick more horizontal (but still not completely horizontal, of course) when doing a wavedash to get more distance. And this is NOT the place to talk about wavedashing.

C!Z

Smash Lord
By PERFECT Wavedashing...seriously, that's what it's called. You just have to position your control stick more horizontal (but still not completely horizontal, of course) when doing a wavedash to get more distance. And this is NOT the place to talk about wavedashing.
Exacatacaly! Well he posted a vid and I've noticed in friendlies but never said anything. Wavedashing with Falcon almost has to be perfect or it looks really no bueno.

Super Davi

Smash Rookie
Hey Guy

I'm new, My name is David, I'm from Chile I live in Provo and I play with some of you guys at the midnightgaming Championship, and I'm pretty good with mario
SO I want to know when and where the next tournament you are having is so I can go to it
Thanks
guys

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
K I don't know if store credit will be taken for this so please bring cash incase. Also OP updated, and flyers are going out today.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm new, My name is David, I'm from Chile I live in Provo and I play with some of you guys at the midnightgaming Championship, and I'm pretty good with mario
SO I want to know when and where the next tournament you are having is so I can go to it
Thanks
guys
Ugh! Why post the same thing three times, and with all three not being in the Utah Thread, which is where it should have originally went. Also, why didn't you read the first post; it has the answers to all of your questions (and more). And ANOTHER David? That would make you the third David. First, it was 3 Nathans...now 3 Davids...

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Ugh! Why post the same thing three times, and with all three not being in the Utah Thread, which is where it should have originally went. Also, why didn't you read the first post; it has the answers to all of your questions (and more). And ANOTHER David? That would make you the third David. First, it was 3 Nathans...now 3 Davids...
LOL! pc owning new guy.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Davi is a cool guy... I'm guessing he just wanted to make sure that peeps over here know that firstly, he's new (so give him a break), and secondly, he wants to know about the upcoming tourneys. And thanks to PC's helpful comment, albeit a bit harsh sounding, he should know now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom