• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Ugh...you don't seem to get it.... I have the EXACT (barring texture mods, since that doesn't really affect gameplay) codeset for the "official" 4.0 release, which is the current release. So it's not a matter of who's "closer".

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Erm... correction, bring mine. XD
I could still only bring my SD Card and use DZLE's Wii (or anyone with homebrew for that matter), so it's more of mine than yours... :p
Im starting to feel like saying no to Brawl+ at this tourney more and more =P.
What? Why?
Wait, Utah plays Brawl+?

...sad. :(
What's sad about that? The only sad thing here is that you play Brawl online... :laugh: (Only kidding around.)

Nul

Smash Apprentice
Fate, would you consider 64 smash on a laptop? I have one adaptor for gen 6 controllers, and I'm most likely going to grab another. I tried it with the GC controller and it works very nicely. I would bring in my laptop, it runs smash perfect and the controls are very responsive. Going this route means another screen for Brawl or a faster 64 tourny.

BTW, everything is unlocked and I own a cart, just no 64...

Also, I'm bringing a Wii, and if you need another screen for any reason, I have a projector I can lug around.

DZLE

Smash Master
Is there going to be a Brawl+ tourney, or is it just to play with?
How much would the entry fee be for Brawl+?
I think its just to play with, but if they did like a cheap 1 dollar buy in for it to mess around it would be sweet.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Fate, would you consider 64 smash on a laptop? I have one adaptor for gen 6 controllers, and I'm most likely going to grab another. I tried it with the GC controller and it works very nicely. I would bring in my laptop, it runs smash perfect and the controls are very responsive. Going this route means another screen for Brawl or a faster 64 tourny.

BTW, everything is unlocked and I own a cart, just no 64...

Also, I'm bringing a Wii, and if you need another screen for any reason, I have a projector I can lug around.
sure, bring your comp. but I think that 5 tournies would be a bit hard to do, and I wanta try and have B+, Brawl, Brawl teams, and melee as my top priorities; maybe at the next one depending on how this turns out.

I as much fun as it would be on a projector I dont think we have a spot for it...very sad but if I figure something out that might be a good idea.

Is there going to be a Brawl+ tourney, or is it just to play with?
How much would the entry fee be for Brawl+?
Not sure, and Not sure

I think its just to play with, but if they did like a cheap 1 dollar buy in for it to mess around it would be sweet.
The only problem with doing a tourney is that we would have 1-2 wiis that it could be on, and that would take to long with how many people wanta enter this.

So here is what im going to do, I will have my comp set up to run 64, melee, Brawl, Brawl teams and Brawl+ tournies. Feel free to enter all and any of them that you want. If we get enough people (thinking about 10+ but not sure) for a tourney we will do it, if not enough people enter I will give each person there money back.

But here is the deal, when I (or one of my helpers) says start your match you have 1 min to show up or your out. I know it sounds harsh, but as is with 8 TV's all running for 3 tournies we don't finish up until around 8-9ish and if we toss in any more it just takes longer.

I think if we start B+ around the same time as teams (seeing as after round 1 we have open friendly TV's) we could fit it in too, and with Nul having 64 on his laptop we might be able to fit that one in too.

Brawl teams: 1:00-?[3:30ish] ($10 per team)
Brawl +: 1:15-? ($1 this will only happen if we get 2 or more TVs WITH THE SAME CODES ON THEM)
Break for 15 min: 3:30ish
Melee: Break-? ($3)
Brawl singles: Break-? ($5)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
We shouldn't do a Brawl+ tourney. If we have Smash 64 on Nul's laptop, then we have a decent amount of TV's for everything. Brawl+ could just make it harder. Keep one TV for Brawl+ friendlies, everything else should run with whatever tourney is going on (exception already said of 64 being on Nul's laptop).

~Glory to the Hypno-Toad

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Too many tourneys makes the event go a LOT longer. I say we just keep what we normally do, and once a tv opens for friendlies we change it over to brawl+ friendlies.

Nul

Smash Apprentice
As a suggestion if we have just my laptop doing 64 smash, we should get it started when doubles start or halfway-in, with it being a lesser priority tourny part, this is if you deside on making it a part of the tourny.

You're really going to have to keep on top of your Tio for even 4 tournies, Fate.

Flying J

Smash Rookie
I know it is possible with an emulator and a PC controller, but all the ones I ever tried for the N64 performed rather poorly. Maybe this is different.

Nul

Smash Apprentice
It's a nice laptop, and the emulation is very smooth, 256MB video card + 2.8 GHz Dual Core. I have had slow downs only when you bring the program back into focus (clicking on another window then back on the program)

And I have two adaptors so that you can use your GC (also USB, PS2 and Xbox) controllers to play and the controls are very responsive. Also, the controls are just like Melee except that the C-stick can't do auto-smash as the 64 didn't have it, and L is jump as well because 64 just had one shield button. If I can manage some sweet AutoHotKey script hacks by this Saturday, I'll let you guys know.

And yea, if you fancy another controller or have an adaptor for N64 controllers, I'll have another 3 USBs open.

TL:DR, no slowdowns, controls are like Melee without C-stick and L as jump on GC controller.

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
OMG I am going to Be at this one!!!!!! lol It has been about 5 months since I last played brawl...... but ill still pawn you all.............(don't worry this is just my way of boosting my confidence : )

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
I saw a picture of Sage on facebook with Stuart Clements and it made me think of him.

I'll be going to this tourney i think.

DZLE

Smash Master
So just wondering.... Have the tourneys grown or shrunk since I last came last summer?
Hmmm, I dont really know. People have left and stopped coming, but also now we have Pwny's crew coming to ToF.

Its a decent turnout. Worth coming for sure.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Thats what happens when I search SWF for the word Utah, and send everyone that you haven't seen a pm saying ello. =P Im so amazing.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Wait... Starts at one? I always thought they started at two?

Have I just been an hour late every time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom