• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Final-

Aria♪
I don't care what Saturday we do this, as long as we do a Melee tournament (Or at least Friendlies. I haven't played Brawl in over a month)

I'll still enter the brawl tournament, I'll just... well, suck.

Flying J

Smash Rookie
the 1st is coming up fairly fast, if you don't get it set in stone in the next few days, you may want to push it back so people have more time to plan around it as 2-3 days of notice isn't much to time if you want a good turn out. Also, as this is a new tournament, you should get control of this thread if possible, if not, then start a new one and let this one die.

r3d d09

Smash Master
the 1st is coming up fairly fast, if you don't get it set in stone in the next few days, you may want to push it back so people have more time to plan around it as 2-3 days of notice isn't much to time if you want a good turn out. Also, as this is a new tournament, you should get control of this thread if possible, if not, then start a new one and let this one die.
I've considered that, but i can't do that unless it's going to be a permanent thing.
also, i'd like to talk to our community about the new name of the tourney if this does follow through.
I should know most likely by tomorrow if it's going to be at GC or my house.
Considering this will be my first tourney if i do hold it, it might be a tad slow, but it will work out, come on. it will be the first tourney in 2 months i believe?
plus... i'd have to get a TO color change for my user name ;)

r3d d09

Smash Master
I'm doing my best to get this thing rolling.
And a cali player? we are getting fancy lol, out of state players going to utah for brawl, yes, you just came here for brawl xD

harpuia190

Smash Ace
i think suuwo wins just because of his avatar, its amazing, i say we name the new tourney after him

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I hope this tourney's on the 1st of August. Otherwise, my chances of going will be slim.
And lolcaliforniaplayer....... Oh wait.

r3d d09

Smash Master
I'm going to GC today and seeing what i can find out. Lets hope for the best.
My parents are going to talk about me hosting one, So there should be lots of progress today if all goes well.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
And a cali player? we are getting fancy lol, out of state players going to utah for brawl, yes, you just came here for brawl xD
And lolcaliforniaplayer....... Oh wait.
LOL This gave me a good laugh! :chuckle:

And I have mixed feelings about when they date should be. But if I had to choose, I would say August 1st.

phxdragon54

Smash Apprentice
I'm doing my best to get this thing rolling.
i'd be representing arizona i guess. if i might throw in a recommendation, if you expect the tournament to be a bit slow, start a bit earlier, at like 10 so people can still go out at night, or make it a 2 day event on saturday and then sunday. just a thought, i've never ran a tournament so i don't know what i'm talking about.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Tournaments won't take two days... so we'll be fine :]
I'll help CO run the tournament Red Dog, that is, if you want my help. You should try to have everything set in stone date wise for the tournament ASAP.

r3d d09

Smash Master
IT'S OFFICIAL

I'm hosting.
Dark Ryu. I believe i'd need help, since this would be my 2nd official tourny,
but we want this to be the most smooth and biggest tourny Utah has had for Brawl. I'm assuming around 30+ players will come. varying from different skill, but all are decent players*my locals xD*. We are having out of state players come. Utahns, lets show them our stuff. We are not talked about, lets change that. :D

Name: in the making

Date: August 1st
Time: Depending
Destination: Address will go up later, but the city is Bluffdale.
Game: SSBB maybe some melee and B+

rules and everything else will be posted hopefully later today, I'm going to go work on my car. I just wanted to tell the forums as early as possible.
Get the word out. lets make up for the past two months.
I'd like to get a new list going.
copy the list and add yourself too it, i might not be able to update the list. do me the favor and update it yourself. I'd appreciate it.

List:
r3d d09

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Nice, r3d d09. Glad that there really is going to be a tourney.
I look forward to playing everyone in Smash again.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
So, so far the list is:
Red Dog
Minato
Rade/Har-- Can't let you do that, Star Fox!
Anonano
Darth Polo/Rich (Friend)
*Jes (Friend)
*Hawk (Friend)
*DVD (Brother)

* means that they may or may not come

r3d d09

Smash Master
The new member hosting... something has got to be wrong ;)
So i take that Minato is going to attend.

List:
r3d d09
Minato
Anonano
Darth Polo/Rich (Friend)
*Jes (Friend)
*Hawk (Friend)
*DVD (Brother)
7+locals

-ps. I remembered I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled Friday... so please forgive me if I'm a terrible host Saturday, but i should be able to handle myself due to having two others taken out in the past... plus... i can use this as an in game john xD

Flying J

Smash Rookie
Nothing stopping me from coming, for now. I take it we will be using the previous tournament rules?

Losing while doped up on pain meds isn't a valid excuse. I hated the recovery from getting mine out, only bonus is that the dentist washed them off and gave them back to me.

r3d d09

Smash Master
i'll be there representing for Arizona. just let me know when and where b/c ogden is far away.
you will drive atleast an hour...but worth it.

if there is a doubles tournament, i'll be looking for a partner for anyone who is interested.
I'm deciding whether or not to do both doubles and singles. I'd like to do both.

I can go.

Give us the details quickly, though, so I can tell monky and see if he can come too.
what kind of details are you looking for lanky?

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
The new member hosting... something has got to be wrong ;)
So i take that Minato is going to attend.

List:
r3d d09
Minato
Anonano
Darth Polo/Rich (Friend)
*Jes (Friend)
*Hawk (Friend)
*DVD (Brother)
7+locals

-ps. I remembered I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled Friday... so please forgive me if I'm a terrible host Saturday, but i should be able to handle myself due to having two others taken out in the past... plus... i can use this as an in game john xD
Go Red Dog! :D

I will be able to come to this.

And you shouldnt worry about your wisdom teeth. I got mine out like a month ago and I didnt swell at all, I ate fries and ravioli that night and the next day I was up and alive. Also I had no pain at all thanks to meds. :colorful:

r3d d09

Smash Master
Go Red Dog! :D

I will be able to come to this.

And you shouldnt worry about your wisdom teeth. I got mine out like a month ago and I didnt swell at all, I ate fries and ravioli that night and the next day I was up and alive. Also I had no pain at all thanks to meds. :colorful:
sweet. =]

Not worried about the swelling at all. I've already have had two taken out over the course of a year. just i'm getting my uppers and my John is I don't want to be out of it with the meds. I kinda was before, so i'm going to try and take other stuff.
And I don't know if I should allow you to come... I have problems playing one of your chars ;)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
sweet. =]

Not worried about the swelling at all. I've already have had two taken out over the course of a year. just i'm getting my uppers and my John is I don't want to be out of it with the meds. I kinda was before, so i'm going to try and take other stuff.
And I don't know if I should allow you to come... I have problems playing one of your chars ;)
When I got my wisdom teeth out, my friends were excited that I would get high because of pain-meds. To be short, they were greatly disappointed.

I hope the tourney is in the afternoon, or that singles at least are in the afternoon. I would hate to miss the tourney, b/c my parents are making me go through the Oquirhh Mt. Temple Openhouse a second time for my brother. That'll take up most of the morning.

However, if it is the afternoon, I'd love to double up with you, PDrag. :colorful:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I thought of some suggestions for names.

I figured this should be something a lot better than UST, and WAY better than Metal Awesome. I think an abbreviation would work, but we kind of didn't try for UST. So maybe we should take something that sounds cool or "gamer" like, and use that for abbreviations. Maybe even take two words, and only abbreviate one. This is the example I thought of driving home tonight.

Uber Charge (TF2 was on my mind)

Utah's
Brawl
Extravaganza, by
Red Dawg

CHARGE!

Uber Charge...something along these lines. Let's do better with a name this time around, Utah tourney names SUCK!! We need a good enough name this time around!

I would also suggest that when a name is made, you make a new thread. New tourney director, new location, new thread. I don't even think Fate plays anymore (I haven't seen him try to come to smashfests anymore). Then we can just let this thread die.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
The Zone!
Red Twilight?
Dog fight tourney!
The Tourney, Dawg
Red's Tourney
Dog's Bluff

Hurray for uber bad tourney names! :D

Also, if you can't release the time yet, can you please please please release the address? x_x

r3d d09

Smash Master
When I got my wisdom teeth out, my friends were excited that I would get high because of pain-meds. To be short, they were greatly disappointed.

I hope the tourney is in the afternoon, or that singles at least are in the afternoon. I would hate to miss the tourney, b/c my parents are making me go through the Oquirhh Mt. Temple Openhouse a second time for my brother. That'll take up most of the morning.

However, if it is the afternoon, I'd love to double up with you, PDrag. :colorful:
I took lortab once and i hated it. worst thing ever. and the oquirhh temple is five minutes from my house xD.
I thought of some suggestions for names.

I figured this should be something a lot better than UST, and WAY better than Metal Awesome. I think an abbreviation would work, but we kind of didn't try for UST. So maybe we should take something that sounds cool or "gamer" like, and use that for abbreviations. Maybe even take two words, and only abbreviate one. This is the example I thought of driving home tonight.

Uber Charge (TF2 was on my mind)

Utah's
Brawl
Extravaganza, by
Red Dawg

CHARGE!

Uber Charge...something along these lines. Let's do better with a name this time around, Utah tourney names SUCK!! We need a good enough name this time around!

I would also suggest that when a name is made, you make a new thread. New tourney director, new location, new thread. I don't even think Fate plays anymore (I haven't seen him try to come to smashfests anymore). Then we can just let this thread die.
I like the UBER name just because it has extravaganza in it... and my name xD lol

I believe i need to make a new thread... comment in there. I will transfer over the stuff I would like to be in the other thread

r3d d09

Smash Master
You can run both singles and doubles in one day. No worries Red Dog, I got this tournament, it'll run smooth. Just download TIO on your comp lol.
I know i can run both singles and doubles. I've had TIO for a month now... Anything else i need my Minion :)

go be the first post in my U.B.E.R thread ;) *pun was definitely intended*

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
fates tournies were the best

@ final! you remember me don't you the toon link main you teamed with for doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom