• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Just keep us updated on this tourney you might be able to throw.
I'm positive everyone would be happy if we had one follow through =] I would. ha

*EDIT*
Big new everyone =]
*waits in anticipation for someone to ask what the big news is*

r3d d09

Smash Master
I might have found a place for our monthlies, and possible weeklies. Riverton game crazy is trying to find a game to hold a tourney for. I walked in at the perfect time when the manager was leaving. he said to talk to the board. how many would possibly be able to go. bigger t he turn out. the more likely they will hold monthlies for us.

I'm trying to get a job there.and if I do, i could be the TO and just run the whole thing.

was this big enough news for you guys haha

-Final-

Aria♪
I might have found a place for our monthlies, and possible weeklies. Riverton game crazy is trying to find a game to hold a tourney for. I walked in at the perfect time when the manager was leaving. he said to talk to the board. how many would possibly be able to go. bigger t he turn out. the more likely they will hold monthlies for us.

I'm trying to get a job there.and if I do, i could be the TO and just run the whole thing.

was this big enough news for you guys haha
A new tourney? Of course it is big enough news. Now we have 3 possibilities =)

What day of the week would the weeklies be? I think it should be Thursday, like the other ones, because during the fall and spring I have cross-country every day except Thursday.

r3d d09

Smash Master
A new tourney? Of course it is big enough news. Now we have 3 possibilities =)

What day of the week would the weeklies be? I think it should be Thursday, like the other ones, because during the fall and spring I have cross-country every day except Thursday.
It's not official yet. If anything. It will just be one the end of this month. If things go good. then maybe they will do one next month and so on.

Weeklies, the guy was kinda iffy. I said we had decent turn outs for weeklies. 10+ right? I only went to one and there was about 13. ha.

Me getting a job there will be so beneficial to the Smash community, so lets hope that I get it =]
A new forum member follows through and might save from what we know now as the smash community ;)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'll go to the next tournament wherever you guys have one.......just got a car.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Ha, between you and Kenny, I should just be lazy and forget about the BYU tourney. ;)

Actually, I'm going to see if its going to go through or not right... now.

*Waves from doorway* I'll be back with the answer shortly!

...And they said that I need to talk to VP Lee Adams of BYUSA, who'll be in at 2PM. But the receptionist and other VP I talked to sounded quite interested in the idea, either of a club or an occasional tourney.

phxdragon54

Smash Apprentice
Ha, between you and Kenny, I should just be lazy and forget about the BYU tourney. ;)

Actually, I'm going to see if its going to go through or not right... now.

*Waves from doorway* I'll be back with the answer shortly!

...And they said that I need to talk to VP Lee Adams of BYUSA, who'll be in at 2PM. But the receptionist and other VP I talked to sounded quite interested in the idea, either of a club or an occasional tourney.
i didn't know there were BYU tournaments. let me know if those are still going on and when?

r3d d09

Smash Master
I need to get an average of how many people would go if it ends up going down at the Game Crazy. i just need to inform the manager how many will most likely show up and hope for the best.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
So I went in at 1PM to talk to the association in charge of events, and I was told to come back at 2PM to see a certain person.
So I come in at 2PM, only to be told that the said person is currently in a meeting, and that the meeting would promptly end at 3PM.
So I come in at 3PM, and I'm told that the said person isn't out of the meeting, but would I like a tour of the entire association? Well, uh, sure, why not while I wait. Partway into the tour, the said person walks towards me and introduces himself, then says that he is still in a meeting (I guess he was talking to invisible people walking along with him or something) but that he would be done in 20 minutes, so could I please just wait a little longer to talk to him? Well, sure, but I let him know that I had a class at 4PM, and I couldn't be late. 20 minutes is the absolute latest the meeting will go, he assures me, and I can only assume as I continued the tour that he resumed his meeting with his invisible friends.
So we finish the tour, and my guide asks whether I would like a lollipop? I inferred from my stomach that I ought to indeed take a lollipop, and so in good grace I wait and meet about twenty other people from around the association while I waited for the said person.
My guide asks for my name, email, phone number, and then promptly begins to place "x"s in little squares on her computer screen. Ma'am, I say, I can understand why you would put an "x" under the box that says "Events," but why, if she would please explain, was she attempting to sign me up for various "Committees" in the association?
But I realized that it was 3:55, and that I must surely leave or risk being late to my next class. My guide informs me that I will receive a call soon from said person.

I think I gave her my mom's cell phone number on accident. Most of you who joke about my mother can visualize a confrontation between the innocent said person and my mother.
My bad.

tl;dr
I'm going in on Friday to talk to the guy, he wasn't available today.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Which Game Crazy is it, again?
GC is in Riverton. right off of 12600 and redwood i believe.

they have expanded their building. and we might need to bring tv's. maybe not. they have 4 tv's and 1 wii. so i assume we'd have to bring some wii's.

So post if you'd be able to go. either next week or the week after. just a rough estimate is what i need. tell the other guys from the forum to post as well. the bigger the number. the more likely we

will have one next month.

So I went in at 1PM to talk to the association in charge of events, and I was told to come back at 2PM to see a certain person.
So I come in at 2PM, only to be told that the said person is currently in a meeting, and that the meeting would promptly end at 3PM.
So I come in at 3PM, and I'm told that the said person isn't out of the meeting, but would I like a tour of the entire association? Well, uh, sure, why not while I wait. Partway into the tour, the said person walks towards me and introduces himself, then says that he is still in a meeting (I guess he was talking to invisible people walking along with him or something) but that he would be done in 20 minutes, so could I please just wait a little longer to talk to him? Well, sure, but I let him know that I had a class at 4PM, and I couldn't be late. 20 minutes is the absolute latest the meeting will go, he assures me, and I can only assume as I continued the tour that he resumed his meeting with his invisible friends.
So we finish the tour, and my guide asks whether I would like a lollipop? I inferred from my stomach that I ought to indeed take a lollipop, and so in good grace I wait and meet about twenty other people from around the association while I waited for the said person.
My guide asks for my name, email, phone number, and then promptly begins to place "x"s in little squares on her computer screen. Ma'am, I say, I can understand why you would put an "x" under the box that says "Events," but why, if she would please explain, was she attempting to sign me up for various "Committees" in the association?
But I realized that it was 3:55, and that I must surely leave or risk being late to my next class. My guide informs me that I will receive a call soon from said person.

I think I gave her my mom's cell phone number on accident. Most of you who joke about my mother can visualize a confrontation between the innocent said person and my mother.
My bad.

tl;dr
I'm going in on Friday to talk to the guy, he wasn't available today.

May I lol? Ya, stuff like that is lame. But i will speak for the whole forum and say we appreciate your commitment

r3d d09

Smash Master
So lets see:
Me
Lanky
phxdragon
ken neth
final
dark ryu
PC
marsulas

plus, lets see prob 6 of my local friends or more.
Anyone else I'm missing?

and if the "mexi bros" go, then we need another building due to the mass of smashers=P lol. jk.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Red Dog
Dark Ryu
Kenny
Rade
PHXDRAGON
Final
Joke
Marsulas
Lanky
X
Lada
*Maybe Staz*
*Maybe Spuds*
*Maybe Sage/Fate*
+6 Local friends.

That would be the turnout practically. Didn't count the melee only players, nor the OOS smasher ;)

r3d d09

Smash Master
r3dd09
Dark Ryu
Kenny
Rade
PHXDRAGON
Final
Joke
Marsulas
Lanky
X
Lada
*Maybe Staz*
*Maybe Spuds*
*Maybe Sage/Fate*
+6 Local friends.

That would be the turnout practically. Didn't count the melee only players, nor the OOS smasher ;)
This is starting to look good xD
what about herm, can't remember everyone's usernames. lame on my part.
someone get ahold of the gangstakirbs, and can't remember the others.
I will edit after i search this thread more for names xD

vazor, and someone who alts luigi and i believe mains zelda? O.o. name is slipping my mind.
basically if you have someone's number that isn't on the list. get them to be. nuff' said.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Am I seriously this ignored? Jeez.

EDIT: Sorry Red. Sometimes I get irritated with the veterans of Utah's community. Shouldn't be taking it out on you.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Am I seriously this ignored? Jeez.
... I believe i didn't miss anyone ;)
just kidding, i shall add you to epic list of awesome[ness]

For now on, the list below shall be referred as the "epic list of awesome[ness]" because the people on said list are epic and awesome... all at the same time. =]

Epic list of Awesome[ness]
r3dd09
Dark Ryu
Kenny
Rade
PHXDRAGON
Final
Joke
Marsulas
Lanky
X
Lada
Anonano
Minato
*Maybe Staz*
*Maybe Spuds*
*Maybe Sage/Fate*
+6 Local friends.

can't forget our lovely Anonano
can't also forget Minato

r3d d09

Smash Master
LIES! I was on the list...but now I'm not... :p
I didn't see that. kinda odd. haha. I believe someone has it out for you. =P
oh, by the way PC, i got the snapshot to work. i didn't have the snapshot gct in, i had the B+ gct. lol.

but I shall add you to the list.

r3dd09
Dark Ryu
PC
Kenny
Rade
PHXDRAGON
Final
Joke
Marsulas
Lanky
X
Lada
Anonano
Minato
*Maybe Staz*
*Maybe Spuds*
*Maybe Sage/Fate*
+6 Local friends.

Next month? I should be able to make it. Kinda busy for the next few weeks.
lame, well if we have a good turnout. there is most likely next month.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Post the actual day and time and maybe I can sneak down there for part of it, depending on the day. I do want to support the starting of a new tourney if at all possible.

Flying J

Smash Rookie
I am still around too, I just never post. I would come if my schedule is open for it. Posting the day or a list of possible dates would probably be helpful, unless you already did and i missed it.

If you do get a tournament set up, you should either get the main page of this thread edited to reflect that, or start a new thread as it will be a new tournament set up.

I find you're list of awesomeness laughable, I present:

The List of Mediocrity:

Flying J
40 specially trained llamas
a Deadly Cyber Goat
The Dodo bird
Man eating Pond Scum
a broken mop head
Greenland
Praseodymium
Twine
yesterday's news