• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utican Do It! - March 3rd, 2012 (Two stage bans)

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
The stage list is not 100%, although I really wanted to try an experimental ruleset to see how it would work out. Of course, if most people that are coming want RC/Brinstar/PS2 gone, I'd probably compromise and take off the two least wanted. Same goes for Melee.

And in the future if PS2/Brinstar/RC go, I'm tempted to make FD a cp. But that's a story for another day.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
The stage list is not 100%, although I really wanted to try an experimental ruleset to see how it would work out. Of course, if most people that are coming want RC/Brinstar/PS2 gone, I'd probably compromise and take off the two least wanted. Same goes for Melee.

And in the future if PS2/Brinstar/RC go, I'm tempted to make FD a cp. But that's a story for another day.
I support keeping PS2, and I would support making FD a cp in a three to seven stage starter list.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Dont change the ruleset, stick to your guns lil dude.

theres nothing wrong with the rulesets the way you have them now.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Update:
Got food prices in, don't be surprised that they're fairly expensive, this is where a lot of their money is made. She may make some extra combo deals, but these are the standard prices.

Concessions
Popcorn: S - $3 ; M - $4 ; L - $5
Soda: S - $3 ; M - $4 ; L - $5
Pizza: $2.50
Slice + Small Soda - $5
Slush Puppies: S - $2 ; L - $4
Coffee, Tea, Hot Coco: $1.50
Nachos: $4 ($1.50 extra cheese)
All Candy except below: $1.50
Keebler Cookies/Crackers: $1.00
Push Pops: $1.00
Ring Pops: $1.00
Airheads: 50 cents

Also, how many of you guys are interested in chili? We might be able to get that going too if you guys want to buy it. No food johns for delaying bracket. ;)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Update:
Got food prices in, don't be surprised that they're fairly expensive, this is where a lot of their money is made. She may make some extra combo deals, but these are the standard prices.

Concessions
Popcorn: S - $3 ; M - $4 ; L - $5
Soda: S - $3 ; M - $4 ; L - $5
Pizza: $2.50
Slice + Small Soda - $5
Slush Puppies: S - $2 ; L - $4
Coffee, Tea, Hot Coco: $1.50
Nachos: $4 ($1.50 extra cheese)
All Candy except below: $1.50
Keebler Cookies/Crackers: $1.00
Push Pops: $1.00
Ring Pops: $1.00
Airheads: 50 cents

Also, how many of you guys are interested in chili? We might be able to get that going too if you guys want to buy it. No food johns for delaying bracket. ;)
I'll pass on the chili

:phone:

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Got some pics of the venue. I didn't get to take pics of all spots I wanted to because there was a band setting up to perform that day. Hopefully I can get some of the tourney room and the back door.

Also, if you're bringing a setup, you should park by the back door. If not, then you should park where I stated was main parking. There shouldn't be any problems for parking, although be careful a bit, because Genesee Street's a busy street with lots of traffic.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Got some pics of the venue. I didn't get to take pics of all spots I wanted to because there was a band setting up to perform that day. Hopefully I can get some of the tourney room and the back door.

Also, if you're bringing a setup, you should park by the back door. If not, then you should park where I stated was main parking. There shouldn't be any problems for parking, although be careful a bit, because Genesee Street's a busy street with lots of traffic.
Why is it that when I go to my user cp the title of this thread doesn't have the event date in it?
Make sure the date is in the title please
:phone:

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Are you specifically setting up food just for the tournament??

Intrested (Name/Tag):
David/Dai
Dan/Stack
No, the food's always been there, but they're going to make more because of it. Although the pizza to be sold might just be there because of the tourney.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Requested off work this day, so barring my manager being a ****, I'll be here. I will be driving past the Albany area, so I will collect a carpool from there.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I really enjoyed how pools went at 8th BEST. I'm considering having pools and an amateur bracket for $1 if it sounds like a good idea. We're only running singles so I think we'd be able to manage. What do you guys think?

De-confirmed, for now; might be in Kansas that weekend.

Also, bump.
Baaaaaaawwwwwww

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
What do you think is a good enough number? 25+?

I don't want to run pools unless there's enough people for an amateur bracket, which obviously can't happen unless a fair amount of people don't qualify for bracket. Example, if we have 27 entrants and I decide to make 6 pools of 5 or 4 players. Top 3 make it out, leaving 11 players at most in the amateur bracket.

I could also try running one bracket with an amateur bracket for those eliminated in the first two or even three rounds. Would either option work? I'm not sure.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Unless this gets like 40+, an amateur bracket seems a little silly. Pools I'd say 20+. So you can have at least 4 pools of 5.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
am bracket would be kinda neat. And pools are always fun and often help with the seeding.

Dai Luna

Smash Cadet
Pools would be awesome!
You know is we have high enough attendance but even then
It gives everyone a sense of a real match, as opposed to friendlies
You actually play a variety of individuals, as opposed to getting knocked out early
You get more for what you pay while seeding as well
IMO it makes attending tournaments more enjoyable

I'm not opposed to an amateur bracket, since it really won't get in the way of the main tournament unless you're playing melee finals and are in the amateur bracket for brawl, this could slow down the bracket
Other than that, it would keep everyone constantly playing given we have enough setups

Do you have a rough count of how many setups are coming in?

andyisjudo

Smash Cadet
Oh wow Hype! I might go to this, let me see if I don't have anything planned that weekend :)

jk

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Pools would be awesome!
Do you have a rough count of how many setups are coming in?
Unfortunately I don't. We only have a limited amount of Wiis + TVs so we'll need to rely more on people coming from other cities to bring setups. This explains the venue fee discount. I know some people are bringing setups but there's a lot more people may be bringing that they didn't mention.

Wiis are probably a bigger deal than TVs but TVs are still a big deal.

There is the slightest chance I'd be able to go. Any Falcos want to money match me? I play Peach

I'll need a ride from/to Syracuse

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
It'd be awesome if you went Zant, we need all the recording setups for melee that we can.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I should have more information on this tourney this weekend. Also, since most of you guys that were planning on doing the 5v5 are coming to this, maybe you'll wanna do a Syracuse vs. Albany thing here. Always an option. I feel bad for our being late being (partially) responsible for your missing out on crews. If not it can always be done at the next BEST.

Regardless I hope you're all hyped. L-Don got a couple guys he knew that'll probably come to this.

Rob's not the only one that can post gifs. :)

Is anyone from Syracuse willing to pick me up and arrive at the tournament by like 2pm?

-Cross-

Smash Ace
I want to bring a setup, but I need to join a carpool. I don't really want to be transporting a wii and tv on a bus. Are there any open spots from any carpools coming from Syracuse or anywhere west of Utica? My school is just 15 minutes west of Utica and would not be out of the way to go to. Any help?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Made a poster

PM me if you want the file that you can print out. Also, changing the schedule.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Any chance that someone is driving through Binghamton and willing to pick me and maybe others up? :D

Xubble

Smash Ace
If my car can get its inspection sticker (it expired in December. x_x), I could drive up and potentially bring one or two local guys who are decent here.

But it's looking like that won't happen in time. T_T

Top Bottom