• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utican Do It! - March 3rd, 2012 (Two stage bans)

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Yeah this is singles only so we can save time and make sure that people get home at a reasonable hour.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
didnt you go to that BEST tournament?

The one where NOTHING finished?

thats what hes saying, reason that ran late was cause of brawl low tier(also an underestimation of how many RPI were gonna join in). Melee was done forever and we even ran a crew battle aswell.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
In lieu of teams, Rykard and I are willing to teams MM anyone in Melee (right Richard?). If there's enough interest can we run a Melee teams round robin on the side?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I don't think that's a good idea. Feel free to MM but I have a feeling it'll take up too much time with how the schedule's set up atm if we do a side event.

If it goes by quickly enough I may host teams in a future event.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
The plan should be to stick to the basics and add on to it moving forward, not start with everything and try to take it away after, knowing that nobody is going to want to let it happen.

Rykard

Smash Ace
did i just get signed up for something? haha mike sure i will mm people in teams with you. i wonder if not playing this game for 3 weeks will pose to be a problem

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Ill do some team MM if anyone want to, low stakes 1$ best of 5. Fun stuff.

Goggles lets team for a melee money match :]

Nintendude

Smash Hero
did i just get signed up for something? haha mike sure i will mm people in teams with you. i wonder if not playing this game for 3 weeks will pose to be a problem
Thursday night practice session? I know Eric really wants to practice with us and maybe I can get Jimmy to go too.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Yo get jimmy out to utica tournament, havent seen him since the last time he came to my place like 8 months ago lol

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Jimmy told me that he could go but doesn't know if he should. I'm not really sure what he meant by that except that maybe he has too much work.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Damn, that's hard for me to hear. As cool of a guy Cura is, I don't want him getting 1st in Brawl again. :x

I'm also getting a bit nervous about the amount of people that are gonna show. I've never ran an event so I'm not sure how many are going. Pretty much up in the air but this last minute dropping of attendance is very nervewrecking.

It's gonna be fun though. We're probably gonna have like 7 tables (each one can fit at least two setups) so we should be alright on that. Not sure how we're doing with chairs, though. Looking into that.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
If turnout is small it's no big deal. Just make pools and use them to seed the bracket. This way we all get more bang for our buck. And again, hopefully there's some kind of turnout from Utica. You have been advertising, right?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Average upstate tournaments range from like 10-15 in melee and 15-25 in brawl. rarely does it ever get over 30 for brawl or over 20 for melee.

Small turn out doesnt mean a bad tournament though. I agree to run pools if turn out is small. More matches, better seeding. Allows players to get to know each other better. Small turn out will also allow for more friendlies.

Can also make time for crew battles.

Syracuse team for melee:
Cura
Beta
Trademark
Piepusher

Syracuse team for brawl.
Cura
Dai
Stack
Sharky
James G

We will accept any change against any combination of teams!! for fun!

Also try you best to encourage your friends to come and enter from the local area. Someone should also hit up the past time legends kids, they may also want to come. Theyve been showing up to past 3 events so maybe they will hit this 1 up. They came to syracuse, anyone have their numbers? Calm?

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
how many entrants do you guys think there will be for brawl?

edit: nvm lol didn't notice cura's post right about mine..

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Pretty much around the range Cura just said. Possibly less but it can't be much.

Edit: Updated attendance to make it more realistic. Pretty much anyone mentioned in carpools/posted about going. Unheard of others may be going as well.

Sharky

Smash Master
gas will be 7 bucks assuming I'm going to have 2 other people in my car. Cross, as Herkimer is east of utica I'll most likely be making a separate trip for you. I'm thinking about 4-5ish at the moment but we'll work something out.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
gas will be 7 bucks assuming I'm going to have 2 other people in my car. Cross, as Herkimer is east of utica I'll most likely be making a separate trip for you. I'm thinking about 4-5ish at the moment but we'll work something out.
Yo i asked you fer a ride a week ago, you got my message and im that second person right?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Last time I checked he lived in Clinton, not Herkimer.

Sharky

Smash Master
I mixed up herkimer with hamilton =P

edit: update, $6 for my 3 main passengers MIK Beta and Trademark, $3 for cross.

edit^2: I work saturday morning from 5am to 9am. I will be driving over to cura's asap when I get out. I'll remind you guys of this friday night at the fest lol

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Alright best of 3, character lock dk vs snake. Sound good? Since you picked on MU, can I pick another? Marth vs Kirby?

Top Bottom