• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

MacD

Banned via Administration
well us cool CA people have been doing pound 4 rules ever since they were announced so we don't all those gay stages

i personally like FD and dreamland, i don't like battlefield but i've also never lost there when a marth picked it against me so whatev, and i hate FoD but most marth's won't go there anyway

i don't get how to use brinstar against marth, i get ***** by his sword, it's weird and stuff

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I've been trying to get people to do that but they're all "keep your change" and start rambling about death panels

****in texas

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
lol, Peach vs. Marth is a pain in the butt. I asked Cactuar what Marth is most afraid of in the Peach match-up. He said it was her Dash attack.

I personally knew it couldn't be that simple, so I asked him if what I was thinking was right. More specifically, the mix-up that comes from it. Obviously because they can sheild grab her royal behind.

So after that, I got to thinking:

Options:
1.) The Dash attack itself
2.) JC/normal Grab
3.) FC aerial
4.) Turnip (If you have one)
5.) Turnip -> Grab
6.) Turnip -> FC areial
7.) WD Back -> FC Fair
8.) WD Back -> Turnip
9.) you get the point

I could be wrong, so I'd appreciate it if VaNz or DoH or any other Peach would add/correct me. I know that some of the options are correct...just not all of them

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
If Marth is in the air you should probably dash attack him, since he can't really do ****. If it hits him, free hit, if it clanks JAB HIS ***, then either grab or nair.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
you mean there are more options than just dash attack??? wtf that's amazing ;)
Lol, smart aleck =p.

Nah...it's just that I was making sure I've got this right. It also helps new peach players to see for themselves as well. *shrugs* you'd be surprised how little mix-up game there is in Peach vs. Marth. -_- I clearly was a part of that massacre of Peach's good name.

MacD

Lol, smart aleck =p.

Nah...it's just that I was making sure I've got this right. It also helps new peach players to see for themselves as well. *shrugs* you'd be surprised how little mix-up game there is in Peach vs. Marth. -_- I clearly was a part of that massacre of Peach's good name.
haha, i tried to mean that more so as a jab at myself but yea i suck at life, haha, i swear my marth game is like

30% turnip
30% dash attack
20% dsmash
20% other stuff

but actually laying out all those options help me, i really will forget there are more choices than dash attack

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Macd- I've got a lot of fixing my game up to do. I started by really focusing. (I won't even john about all the real life ish I gotta go through in order to do that.)
Then I took a look at some of my old matches...god I was awful. (Although I did **** at some points, xD)
Now I'm forcing myself to look at stuff so I see what I have been or still am missing, xD. It's the road to recovery. For the last month or so. I've been shaking off the rust in preparation for Pound.

DoH- I'm not even gonna comment =p. 12, xD.

Dash attack is too good, xD.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
^ This. God I love Marths that jump.

Btw, any predictions of how many peaches are going to 10 @ pound?

:colorful:
Me too...I wish more of them jumped and didn't grab and do gay things *looks at Haley...*

I also predict a good amount (maybe 15?) will be at Pound. I went through the reg list (had to, cause of the badges) and saw a lot.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I've been playing Peach a lot lately. I really like her.

Fox, Marth, and Sheik are really pissing me off though.

Marth is a gigantic pest. I feel like I'm boxed in all the time when I'm even kind of near the edge, and his monster dash dance makes me upset. I'm really not sure how to approach it. Dash attack is great when he's airborne but it feels risky on the ground. I try to pull turnips to setup stuff but sometimes he sees me do it and goes after me and I feel stuck again.

Fox is a combination of spacing and not being sure how I'm supposed to box him in when he's camping me hard body. I think I need to experiment more. I'm also not sure when it's a good time to Fair, Bair, DD dash attack or use which move to defend myself when he bothers to approach, or what I'm supposed to do when he defends himself with spaced Bair. Or spaced anything, really. I also keep being U-smashed when I try to land.

Sheik is weird. I know how to beat her moves when I'm attacking (the spacings have been drilled into my brain by Vwins >_>) but when I'm on defense I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do at all.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481

Same here

Marth is a gigantic pest. I feel like I'm boxed in all the time when I'm even kind of near the edge, and his monster dash dance makes me upset. I'm really not sure how to approach it. Dash attack is great when he's airborne but it feels risky on the ground. I try to pull turnips to setup stuff but sometimes he sees me do it and goes after me and I feel stuck again.
Don't go near the ledge.

Fox is a combination of spacing and not being sure how I'm supposed to box him in when he's camping me hard body. I think I need to experiment more. I'm also not sure when it's a good time to Fair, Bair, DD dash attack or use which move to defend myself when he bothers to approach, or what I'm supposed to do when he defends himself with spaced Bair. Or spaced anything, really. I also keep being U-smashed when I try to land.
Throw turnips, catch them and throw them again if he reflects them. Try to get a grab.

Sheik is weird. I know how to beat her moves when I'm attacking (the spacings have been drilled into my brain by Vwins >_>) but when I'm on defense I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do at all.
Throw turnips.

Note: I'm terrible. Take my advice with a grain of salt.

MacD

kirby kaze, i know this is random but i wanna play you at pound cuase you play sheik and i want sheik help and we have this weird talking to each other randomly on the boards so i know you'll help me instead of asking some other sheik who doensn't know me

ps i'll teach you how to fight samus... with peach hahaa

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Where are you supposed to cp Falcon if he bans Mute? I lost on brinstar and DK 64.

I just throw turnips at Samus. =/

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
kirby kaze, i know this is random but i wanna play you at pound cuase you play sheik and i want sheik help and we have this weird talking to each other randomly on the boards
Yeah, I know; what's up with that?

^.^

We should totally play though haha.

thesage, it sounds like you just "throw turnips" at everything :lick:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I <3 turnips lots. It's the one thing I am good at with Peach. I'm bad at everything else about her. I'm so sloooow at fc'ing.

Some turnips beat missles, but most don't so don't rely on it.

I got this **** tech chase on Falcon involving throwing turnips and hitting him and stuff. It looked nice to me at least. Maybe it'll be uploaded soon...

I might go to Pound 4. I got my ticket, but I lack housing for Friday. I'd really like to meat some more Peach mains. I met the general yesterday, but we didn't talk that much cuz I had a nub tournament to win =DDDDDDD.

I'm noticing that more people are using f-smash nowadays. I know it never repeats so should I spend the time inbetween my opponent's stocks getting rid of the least favorable weapon or looking for the death turnip? The tennis racket is always decent to get, so I get rid of the golf club vs. spacies (frying pan combos are to goodz) and I rely on the golf club to kinda space. The tennis racket has almost as much range as the golf club...

MacD

i find you in random sheik boards i have no business in, you wanna learn peach even though you already main gay *** sheik

i keep changing my mind about falcon stages, i always get ***** on FoD for some reason, ss ***** me the hardest there and battlefield, i hate battlefield against falcons for some reason

this is a good question, i wanna know about stages against falcons

some say i should go yoshi's while some falcons counterpick me there
FD i always thought was good for falcon but i don't mind it much anymore
stadium seems good for him
FoD should be good for me but i always get *****
dreamland idk

screw not having anything but like foxes in so cal

EDIT: i just like using fsmash randomly and i get lucky and get the one i need normally... not the best stratigy to rely on but whatev

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
FD doesn't sound too bad. Peach doesn't really benefit from them against Falcon, I think... she doesn't have the same mobility to abuse them. CG to 90 is also good.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
FD is a pretty good choice cuz you can cg him there. Plus edgeguarding him is easy there...

I suck on FoD and Stadium. At Pound 4 I'm banning stadium and striking FoD first everytime.

Jungle Japes is a good stage for Peach, but she tends to have better cps. Camping the side platforms and d-smash covering the whole ground is pretty ****. Plus the water ****s up other people's recoveries. Don't go there vs. spacies for obvious reasons.

MacD

that's really cool, it'd be really nice to have foxes tech skill but yea... that's just impossible for a peach main such as me so oh well

EDIT: LOLZZZZZZZZZz chain grab falcon to 90 hahahahahahahaah, try 60ish

MacD

haha, this is true, but the falcon i play with always jumps out in the 60's so that's just when i stop chain grabbing so i guess i got it as 60 in my mind

and those percents are with perfect execution... which i know i don't have

Cia

das kwl

I usually don't recommend this, but you're a fast learner. So I'm gonna say just go watch vids. Based on what I THINK I know about your playstyle, Vidjo's early Peach might be best for you. Here are some to get you started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFj62RpRvXo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joetKLv_oGc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOAz0msAJeQ

Another Idea would be to train with Vwins more. I've learned alot of characters (Notably Young Link + Sheik) just by playing good ones (Jash + Grill)

Top Bottom