• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Armada was getting grabbed because Hbox kept landing inside his shield and usmashing. After he fell for that a few times, he held his shield, blocked the usmash, and punished. Once Hbox knew Armada wanted to sit in his shield, he could grab.

It's not a matter of options or a lack thereof. Armada just guessed wrong. It happens.

john!

Smash Hero
hbox is really freaking good. congrats to him and armada for doing so well. puff is a better character and we just gotta accept that. and by "accept that" i mean pick up fox as a secondary like everyone else.

speaking of marth... a lot of times i get dthrow to dash attack on marths when they di behind me. is this a true combo, and at what percents?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
hbox is really freaking good. congrats to him and armada for doing so well. puff is a better character and we just gotta accept that. and by "accept that" i mean pick up fox as a secondary like everyone else.
Top level play has very little to do with character choice.

speaking of marth... a lot of times i get dthrow to dash attack on marths when they di behind me. is this a true combo, and at what percents?
I don't know if it's a "combo," but it sure seems to work an awful lot.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
yo vanz link me the stuff to the brawl minus we were talking about, also side note ur peach/shiek is amazing i hope i get to play u more at other tourneys

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
You can download brawl minus HERE. And thanks, hope to see you guys @ ROM3 (or sooner)

------

And I called it weeks ago. I knew hbox would win and I'm happy for him. I said I wanted to get top 10 @ this tournament and I got 9th so.. mission accomplished =D

edit: this is probably the best video on youtube atm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA-ICReHRk8
ight thanks vanz, also add me up on facebook christopher pelech, or hotmail at christopherpelech_7@hotmail.com....i dunno if america uses hotmail tho i should prob make n aim account or something, also that vid is to jokes

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Kage took a match off of Hungry too.

And I hate it when people complain about characters. Nobody TOLD you or Armada to play Peach. Nobody TOLD Hbox to play Puff; those decisions were made by their respective players. If you're gonna QQ about "this character being broken" and bull****, please do so where nobody can hear what a scrub you are. If Puff didn't have Rest, Peach would have an easier time winning. If Peach didn't have Dsmash, she probably wouldn't take STOCKS off of Puff. In this case, easy set-up: high pay-off. If you get rested, it's probably partly your mistake. Rest doesn't magically hit and Puff isn't without faults. Is Rest one of the best moves in the game? Absolutely. Is it unbeatable? No, play Luigi and don't mess up your recovery. Just learn the match-ups and outplay your opponent. Heaven forbid you have to WORK to win a match.

On a lighter note: congratulations VaNz! You did great and we were all rooting for you.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
At least I can claim best teams peach in america lolololol

Also vanz said he might be dropping peach :-(

But he also said I'm the most technical :-$

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Also vanz said he might be dropping peach :-(
NOOOOOOOOOO!

Vanz, say it ain't so, bro. You're like my favorite peach to watch. Well, I guess I can't complain. I'm always trying to find a replacement for peach as well, but I started out playing her, so it's kind of hard to switch now.

.Nub.

Smash Rookie
K i was messing around with a computer today, and i figured out that if you:

downthrow a jiggz,

hold the control stick the opposite direction you're facing during the throw animation

then press z as soon as possible

you can chain grab her till about 40%. I know this was done on a computer, so it doesnt take into account DI, but you could probably use it to get a few grabs in. Has this already been discovered?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Bahh, he says that but he always comes back in the end. Just like when Haley quits Shiek and then eventually comes back =P I know them too well.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
hey vanz do u need like a new verison of geko or something to get it to work? cuz when i run mine the only dif i get is that theres hit stun now, none of the other cool **** happens? :(

Cia

das kwl
On a lighter note: congratulations VaNz! You did great and we were all rooting for you.
Thanks man. =D

1. At least I can claim best teams peach in america lolololol

2. Also vanz said he might be dropping peach :-(

3. But he also said I'm the most technical :-$
1.Teczero is the best teams Peach.. for reasons we both know :laugh:

2. srsly considering it. I have to practice for days and days just to keep my execution at a level I'm satistfied with. I don't wanna have to do that..

3. More technical than me anywayz

Bahh, he says that but he always comes back in the end. Just like when Haley quits Shiek and then eventually comes back =P I know them too well.
true. I'll start by not going Peach at all @ No Johns. Let's see how it goes. Also, I need my melee disc back so I can practice. will thou be attending No Juans?

hey vanz do u need like a new verison of geko or something to get it to work? cuz when i run mine the only dif i get is that theres hit stun now, none of the other cool **** happens? :(
that's probably because you only changed the codes folder. delete your PF folder on your sd card, and replace it with the one you downloaded. don't merge the folders because something will go wrong. just delete and replace.

-----

Also, I had an amazing time at Apex. So many Peach dittos (probably my favorite part of the event) Nice meeting Vanity Angel. And good seeing D'oH, MacD, Doll and Armada again. This is why it's so hard for me to quit. Community2good.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i'll make a bigger post tomorrow when i get home, but just a few things

vanz, you shouting predictable during those last dittos was hilarious

last night i had some crazy tech skill, better than ever

hbox is really really good, i housed with him and played his secondaries and stuff, you'd be surprised how good he actually is with other characters

also, vanz cheats more than i do, normally people complain about me getting stitches... that ***** got 3 in our 2 game set :mad:

(i'm mainly :mad: i didn't catch more, i was sucking at catching them :()

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace

that's probably because you only changed the codes folder. delete your PF folder on your sd card, and replace it with the one you downloaded. don't merge the folders because something will go wrong. just delete and replace.

wat the hell is the PF folder :confused: all i put on the SD card was an app's folder wit Gecko1931 n just draged everything in the .rar file u sent me

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Dont quit peach Vanz D;

And stop playing Evelynn, lmao. She is bad, and you will hate yourself in the end.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Jaden, I'm trying to go to No Juans lol. How are you getting there? I do wanna give you back your disk. If not then, maybe at a smashfest before it? I'm hoping there's gonna be some soon...*wants to practice*

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I quit Peach before it was cool lol.

Play pikachu nubs.

But yea I'll still play her. I just want to experiment with pikachu now. I think he's better than people give him credit for.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I think Pikachu is EXACTLY as good as people give him credit for. Axe is simply from the future, so he's actually running the 2020 Pikachu metagame.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
LOL I totally called it on the Apex thread (even before), that we're going to see an increase in Pikachu players now.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
as we continue the peach forums cycle, we should now talk about how bad she is. then talk about colors after.

VA

Smash Hero
I like Green.

Everyone was obsessed with my "accent". People say I have a nice voice though, a lot of British people speak in a way that you might liken to the heavy southern accents.

Someone said to me "I didn't expect your fox to be so good cos you play Peach". Me, Vanz and Connor can all play different characters. It makes the temptation so much greater to switch.

Before you say it I know I suck and have bad alts not like Connor and Vanz, but their good enough to be convince me I can change. I'm quite technical as Fox...

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
You'd be amazed at how much i hear "Your alts are pretty good!" or "You're pretty technical with other characters!"

People need to understand Peach gets boring.

VA

Smash Hero
I think that Raynex and stuff were just being nice saying I'm technical. I just moonwalk and edge cancel like a loser.

Top Bottom