• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBC and Xanadu Present: Baltimore Brawl 2, 3/26/2011

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
A lot of people have only done 1 event this season

needs more data

Anyways NOID/GIMR have respective points from what I'm reading. I can't really say anything since I wasn't there though. If anyone wants tips, I'd be glad to help. Kenny is also quite good as I said before. With me kenny phil and lobos we destroy tournaments like boss and that burger at wild wings

Edit: Inb4 lobos posts the pic

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Omni, the whole people with no rides/money/respect wasn't directed to anyone in particular, nor did it mean people have all three attributes. But are you seriously JOHNING for them? lmao

People with no rides isn't because they don't have cars. It's because they don't coordinate a carpool until last minute. I'd understand if special circumstances (your car blows up or your ride ditches you (NEO)) prevent you from having a ride. But hell, if Exdia can get to a tournament, there is no ****ing johns for anyone.

No money because of a bad economy? That's the academic john. But the supply for low-entry positions is always high (in busy, metropolitan areas) and there is no excuse for someone not in school to not be earning some kind of income. It doesn't matter if said person lives with his parents. At least admit you don't want to work for the money if you don't like the jobs available.

As far as respect, this got a little personal and I apologize. But understand that we are MD/VA, not NY or NJ. We try to be at each other's state's events, and distance wise we're not at all related to them. You've got to respect VA going out of their way to MD. Some VA players travel as much as two hours to attend (not including SOVA). The idea of hosting a tournament and running it that late, as well as planning to host another tournament this weekend? I didn't say you lacked respect for the game (your devotion to equipment and securing the venue states otherwise.) I said you don't respect the fact that people are human beings and can't devote entire days to Smash.

I didn't know who's fault is was that Lie didn't play his set until late. Thanks for admitting it. That's not what bugged me the most though, because for the most part I thought Aposl was running the show. What bugged me was telling Aposl to get his *** off friendlies and play his match. W.T.F.

Anyway, it's over and done with. Once I figure out to get to SSJ4 with my Samus, I'm going to **** all of you. FYI.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I need the set count for grand finals of doubles. 0-3, 1-3, or 2-3? I have winner's finals set count now. Someone aim me if you know the count.

Aim: Turkeywonder

junebug

Smash Journeyman
i need to go study lucario now peace
Commence Operation Beat Lucario.
I just got to reach June in tournament >< I think I can beat him
i can see the next results now...

1st: Takeover :snake: :snake:

2nd: Mad Omni :snake: :metaknight:

3rd: UltimateLie :snake: :diddy:

4th: Logical :snake: :olimar:

5th SIMR :snake: :gw:

5th Candy (yes, he would come back just for this) :snake: :snake:

33rd: Junebug :lucario:

(smirk) just playyinnnn, i'll enjoy this brief period of dominance while it lasts. :) thanks for the love guys! i'll get to shoutouts sometime this week. so busy, ugh.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
If you have problems with Snake watch Trela vs. Ally and try to copy anything that works

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
i can see the next results now...

1st: Takeover :snake: :snake:

2nd: Mad Omni :snake: :metaknight:

3rd: UltimateLie :snake: :diddy:

4th: Logical :snake: :olimar:

5th SIMR :snake: :gw:

5th Candy (yes, he would come back just for this) :snake: :snake:

33rd: Junebug :lucario:

(smirk) just playyinnnn, i'll enjoy this brief period of dominance while it lasts. :) thanks for the love guys! i'll get to shoutouts sometime this week. so busy, ugh.
next up, this will happen:

Aposl

Smash Ace
Wow just read the thread, Noid why you mad?

You didn't want to do mid tiers because you didn't want to stay but you entered against your own first instincts. We had all matches possible always running for mid tiers, EVERY time you came over and yelled at me for not having a certain player playing he was either playing and you didn't see him, or he was playing in singles bracket at the time, or he was missing(that only happened once). The only thing we didn't do was specifically have Lie play his match at a certain time he was waiting, like we could predict that he was going to take that long during his bracket matches... You are completely wrong about this. next time a mid tier tournament starts late, dont enter if you dont want to be there late, but as for running it we went fast as possible, but this whole tournamnet got delayed by like 2 people not playing their matches.Last thing: this side event was huge compared to turnout, like over 60% of the people entered both singles events. That was unprecedented.

Also a side note, if you have a piece of constructive criticism to give me or my brother give it to me in a PM. I wont continue this argument on this thread, but I will continue it in PMs if you have anything else to say. Oh and what my Charizard said^^^

Lobos

Smash Master
A lot of people have only done 1 event this season

needs more data

Anyways NOID/GIMR have respective points from what I'm reading. I can't really say anything since I wasn't there though. If anyone wants tips, I'd be glad to help. Kenny is also quite good as I said before. With me kenny phil and lobos we destroy tournaments like boss and that burger at wild wings

Edit: Inb4 lobos posts the pic
It's funny that you mention this cause boss saw me eating a burger and it reminded him of that pic......

xanadu was awesome in the past

Chu said that P5 was his last tournament and he is quitting
he also said he might go to small local tournies and he recently attended one for melee
Yes. He quit Brawl for Melee

He has a job now, so he's not so $ hungry anymore

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Noid da genius with insight. My only shoutout goes to my clutch teammate. If I had been a better player we could have won against lie and will and that would be us up in second place!

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
shoutouts

1. Malcolm : good **** takin 1st, good to see u again
2. Junebug : good to see you again, and good stuff
4. Logic : good to see u again, fun tourney
5. Takeover : best ike still?
7. Omni : good to see u again
9. Seagull : i forgot about our mm lol but good to see u again
9. vVv Cheese : nice to meet u lol
9 Nakat : sonic slayer?!
13. VGBC GimR : good to see u again, fun tourney, ggs in teams
13. NoId : divad!...lol nice to see u again and lol@the samus dittos
13. D1AOS : omg amazing sonic man, good to finally meet u, me living till 250% in dittos is rediculous, fun matches
17. Luckay : good to see the bess pika again
17. Mekos : ggs mekos
17. SSR : nice to see u again
17. Speed : we have to play each other in tourney.....AYE EFF KAY
17. Will : nice to meet u will, we gotta friendly next time
25. Lobos : ggs in dub friendlies
25. Nova 9000 : if we team again im staying ike lol, thanx for the ride man
25. Ramona Flowers : EE mah *****, good to see u again
25. Deez : ggs in mm
25. Hyl1n B0y : work on that zss man, its really decent
25. Aposl : good to see u again man, ggs in teams, fun tourney
33. Gunblade : nice to meet u, we'll ganon ditto next time
33. Dmanfamous : good to see u again man, ggs in mm, i told u so....
33. XLR8 : GET BETTER FGT

TKO : good to see u again man, and thanx for the such wonderful coaching....LOL
Exdia : good to see u again

i had fun all in all=P

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
lolololololololol at that pic of Boss! omg! that is hilarious!!

hahaaha SNORLAX hungrey!!! lololololol SNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRLLLLAAAAAAAXXXXXX!!!

hahaahahahaahaahahahaahaha I can't stop loling!

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yo that Diaos kid is good! I played him at pound 5. Was my first time playing sonic but even from watching vids he showed me some stuff i've never seen before. Like some nice bait grab traps. was crazy!

Top Bottom