• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
OMG, I'm so sorry, I wanted to show that to my friend and got mixed up. SORRY! :(
I was this close to analyzing your Villager play from that Video :p

This picture btw is Kawaii as heck
Mini critique on the first battle
All righty I took the time of seeing every time you got hit and saying why you got hit and what you could have done
at 0:39 you got grabbed for slingshotting because you were too much in a zoning mood over all you were just a bit to Zoney on the Diddy battle but things swung in your direction when you started using your CQC game such as baiting the grabs with jabs
also I think everyone should strengthen their item game because of the wood chip and villagers pocket versus other character I might pick up diddy or Megaman to help me out with those

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Hi guys!

Can anyone please critique my play if they have time? (esp. @zeezee , @Player-1, @ Antonykun Antonykun , @ AnchorTea AnchorTea , @Darklink401)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJHMsf1S6EM

There are 4 matches.

Villager vs Shiek (in BF) 9:05 - 13:48
Villager vs Shiek (in Town and City) 4:35 - 8:48
Villager vs Diddy (Delfino) - 0:15 - 4:20
Villager vs Mario (BF) 14:47 - 16:23

There is random noise in a small part on the video, please ignore it or tone down the volume. Thanks and sorry about that.

I hope it's interesting to watch, I have a long way to go before I ''git gud''.

Thank you and have a great day.

Edit: Removed wrong video, now it's the correct one.
A slight note that there is a video thread in the stickies.

Anyway, your neutral game seems fine. I think you should start working on custom Villy, MU's, and combos. Training mode helps a lot according to Zee.

All righty I took the time of seeing every time you got hit and saying why you got hit and what you could have done
at 0:39 you got grabbed for slingshotting because you were too much in a zoning mood over all you were just a bit to Zoney on the Diddy battle but things swung in your direction when you started using your CQC game such as baiting the grabs with jabs
also I think everyone should strengthen their item game because of the wood chip and villagers pocket versus other character I might pick up diddy or Megaman to help me out with those
Where did you find that?!

My new profile pic Chromfirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not at home but I'm gonna post it here: You have to input your action on F16 of dash in order to DIRTB. Keep in mind that you have to hold the analogue stick long enough so that you would enter your run from your dash, so just flicking the stick won't work. This applies to USmash, Pocket (since you have to hold the stick to allow transition into run but release it back into neutral DIRTBPocket is tricky), Sapling, and Watering Can. Lloid seems to have different timing but I'll either confirm or deconfirm in a bit. You can't seem to DIRTB dash grab or Balloon Trip.

Edit: Nope, Lloid on F16 too.

Last edited:

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
Kind of a random thing but I assume there's lot of AC fans here and I'm genuinely interested to see what people have to say.

If we were to see another Animal Crossing character in Smash through the future DLC or in the next iteration (I know a lot of the AC characters were already ruled out as DLC since they're already assist trophies, but you can still say them), which one would you like to see the most?

I'd personally love to see some sort of "Animal Villager", with its costumes just being some of the most popular villagers from the game (Goldie, Annalise, Ankha, Ken, Wendy, Tutu, Rowan, and Goose for me =]). It could take all sorts of other elements from the AC series to incorporate into its move set (fishing rod, poppers, leafs, bugs, fish, fossils, bells, flowers, maybe take some more elements from the NES games, clothing, random items, etc.). I've though of all sorts of potential movesets for it, and it seems like it could be a blast to play.

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Kind of a random thing but I assume there's lot of AC fans here and I'm genuinely interested to see what people have to say.

If we were to see another Animal Crossing character in Smash through the future DLC or in the next iteration (I know a lot of the AC characters were already ruled out as DLC since they're already assist trophies, but you can still say them), which one would you like to see the most?

I'd personally love to see some sort of "Animal Villager", with its costumes just being some of the most popular villagers from the game (Goldie, Annalise, Ankha, Ken, Wendy, Tutu, Rowan, and Goose for me =]). It could take all sorts of other elements from the AC series to incorporate into its move set (fishing rod, poppers, leafs, bugs, fish, fossils, bells, flowers, maybe take some more elements from the NES games, clothing, random items, etc.). I've though of all sorts of potential movesets for it, and it seems like it could be a blast to play.
Look at my profile pic.

Look at my signature.

Ring any bells on what second AC rep I would prefer?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Hmmm Nook/lings are final smash, Isabelle and Resetti are/were assists, and K.K. is an awesome easter egg. Uhh Blathers?

Blathers would be cool, would finally make my dream of Villager's FSmash being an ordered smash like Peach's involving a fossil that drops straight down like the bowling ball and spikes aerial targets/buries grounded ones, a swarm of bees that rise upwards sort of like Danger Wrap and can carry people off, and a shark that flops out of the pocket and sweetspots with its mouth and sourspots with its tail and has a landing hit

Well anyway it would make that dream of mine a reality.

You can probably tell I put a lot of thought into it.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Blathers would be cool, would finally make my dream of Villager's FSmash being an ordered smash like Peach's involving a fossil that drops straight down like the bowling ball and spikes aerial targets/buries grounded ones, a swarm of bees that rise upwards sort of like Danger Wrap and can carry people off, and a shark that flops out of the pocket and sweetspots with its mouth and sourspots with its tail and has a landing hit

Well anyway it would make that dream of mine a reality.

You can probably tell I put a lot of thought into it.
Shsrks in the pocket?

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
Look at my profile pic.

Look at my signature.

Ring any bells on what second AC rep I would prefer?
I'm honestly drawing a blank.

XD

In all seriousness, KK Slider would be an awesome addition.
Can't wait to see what Smash 5 brings us AC-wise.

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
K.K. Slider moveset:

(semi-clone to Villager)

Jab: Does less damage, much more quicker though. Blue boxing gloves this time.

F-tilt: Less knockback. Less endlag. Can combo in certain situations. Gelato umbrella instead of the Yellow umbrella.

D-tilt: Drops a coin bell. In a coin-flip like fashion. Much more starting frames than Villager's D-tilt. Does 50% more damage and knockback than Villager's D-tilt. Flings the opponent this way:GCUR: . It also has a 65% chance of bouncing. Once it bounces off it can cause a sourspot. Which does like 5% damage. When the coin lands, it does the coin-dropping sound effect from ACNL.

U-tilt: Release a stag. Based on 33%/33%/33% chance there are three variations that do different damage and knockback. All have the same range as Villager's U-tilt range. Two hits still happen. Rainbow stag is a little bit lower in damage and knockback than Villager's U-tilt. Golden stag is Villager's U-tilt with a bug instead a stick. Cyclommatus stag does more damage and knockback than Villager's U-tilt.

F-Smash: Dumbs a basket full of apples. It's like a side-way version of Sonic's U-Smash. This doesn't count as a projectile btw.

U-Smash: Same thing as Villager's U-Smash. Except it is much more blue-ish and it doesn't act like a projectile. (Yes. Villager's U-Smash is a projectile. Google it.)

D-Smash: Same as Villager's D-Smash. But uses a golden shovel and does more damage. However, it has longer endlag, and it only works on the front instead of the front and back.

Fair, Bair, Uair, Dair: Slingshot is now on Uair and Dair. And the turnips are on Fair and Bair.

Nair: Looks like Villager's cartwheel, but not as effective.

Normal B: Like Pocket, but you can't throw item or projectile back. It disappears once K.K. Slider pockets it.

Side B: Travels slightly less distance than the normal loid. You can actually aim it sorta diagonally. When you ride it. You can even kinda control it. Does the same damage.

Up B: It's extreme balloon trip, but when the balloons explode. You don't travel as far as the extreme balloon trip.

Down B: Villager's Down B but with one chop this time (yay) However, the tree is much more weaker. The axe doesn't do as much, and water can doesn't push.

That's all I can think now. @ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans and I have pipe dreams like no other.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
It's gatta be Dr. Shrunk. Attack with emotions, great stand-up, and funky dance moves!

Eh, I really don't see any additional AC rep working and wouldn't want one. Villager covers just about everything besides using fossils or his fishing pole. I dunno, I'm happy with the AC representation and don't think we need much more. Thouuuugh a stage in a Villagers house celebrating a birthday and interacting with furniture could be cool! Like a fossil dinosaur coming to life, aaand etc

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Remember that Sakurai didn't put Villager in Brawl because he couldn't think of a moveset for him or something

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Remember that Sakurai didn't put Villager in Brawl because he couldn't think of a moveset for him or something
Well... he thought he "wasn't suited for battle" which is more like he couuuld make a moveset (I mean the dude's made movesets for Fox, Falcon, Wii Fit and more so Villager shouldn't have stumped him) but he specifically said he didn't want to ruin the Villager's reputation and even compared them to Nintendogs thinking people wouldn't be happy to see them fight. I can't find the source, but he was specifically worried about ruining the cute Villagers' reputations by making them seem murderous, swinging axes around. Funny why he changed his mind cause...he was exactly right haha~

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/ssbb/4/1
http://nintendoeverything.com/sakur...wl-talks-about-choosing-smash-bros-character/

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Today I got bored an wrote my mains on my backpack.

IMAG0239.jpg

Last edited:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801

This picture...I love it so much! :love::love::love:

I'm so glad I main this guy/gal :4villager::4villagerf:

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
Oh, Ness.

This isn't the matchup for you.
Scat.

Just did three games with a Ness and I must've pocketed his PK Thunder like four times... I kind of feel bad, but he just made it so easy to just throw him off the ledge and instantly gimp his recovery..

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Oh, Ness.

This isn't the matchup for you.
Scat.

Just did three games with a Ness and I must've pocketed his PK Thunder like four times... I kind of feel bad, but he just made it so easy to just throw him off the ledge and instantly gimp his recovery..
Luckily I main Mega Man also. I cover most MU's with my mains. (Villager will be my true main always though)

Edit: Why is there Splatoon squids in my phone!?

Screenshot_2015-04-23-07-50-42.png

Last edited:

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
Luckily I main Mega Man also. I cover most MU's with my mains. (Villager will be my true main always though)
I'm currently only proficient with Villager (because this is my first Smash game and I'm still learning, so I only dedicate time to one character), so I have quite a bit of troubles when faced with some harder matchups.

I really need to find a secondary that'll cover my bad mus...

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I'm currently only proficient with Villager (because this is my first Smash game and I'm still learning, so I only dedicate time to one character), so I have quite a bit of troubles when faced with some harder matchups.

I really need to find a secondary that'll cover my bad mus...
What is your playstyle is one sentence?

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
What is your playstyle is one sentence?
I guess I play a more defensive style, launching projectiles and staying back until I start picking up their habits and know I can start punishing my opponent without being destroyed myself.

Thanks for helping me with this!

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I guess I play a more defensive style, launching projectiles and staying back until I start picking up their habits and know I can start punishing my opponent without being destroyed myself.

Thanks for helping me with this!
Try Zelda, Pit (Not Dark Pit. He's more worse than Pit), Mega Man, Ness, and Palutena.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
@ Nintendoge_ Nintendoge_ well first you have to understand what are Villager's bad matchups/matchups you can't handle with Villager then you look at the characters that win or go even THEN you choose according to playstyle

No point in learning another character is said character still loses to the MU

anyways
:4villagerf: is Daisy Shirt I managed to find it online
@ AnchorTea AnchorTea your Villager may be Speedway Shirt but you'll have to wait until tomorrow where I can generate it in my GC game

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
@ Nintendoge_ Nintendoge_ well first you have to understand what are Villager's bad matchups/matchups you can't handle with Villager then you look at the characters that win or go even THEN you choose according to playstyle

No point in learning another character is said character still loses to the MU
That's why I've been having trouble picking a good secondary, since a lot of the characters that prevail in the matchups Villager struggles with don't really fit my play style :/

@ AnchorTea AnchorTea Thanks for the suggestions! I think I'll definitely try my hand at Ness and Zelda as I'm a huge fan of both of their origin series.... This'll be fun learning a new character...

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm crying right now as @ Lorde Lorde literally trivialized my work
I feel bad because I've known about that chart thing for months and I could've saved you a lot of wasted time.

Also, hi Villager mains. I'm trying to learn to play her but it hasn't been going very well lol.

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
That's why I've been having trouble picking a good secondary, since a lot of the characters that prevail in the matchups Villager struggles with don't really fit my play style :/

@ AnchorTea AnchorTea Thanks for the suggestions! I think I'll definitely try my hand at Ness and Zelda as I'm a huge fan of both of their origin series.... This'll be fun learning a new character...
How do you generally play? Aggressive defensive? Zelda is best when used defensive, but I go offense with my characters, yes even villager, I like to challenge myself.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Just for the record I think Racer 6 sounds like a really cool name

Wait... I've seen that chart before... months ago... cause the line mentioning that Pink Villager is the only one with not-brown hair reminded me...

I was gonna say Antony that why are you bothering when the info is already out there but I didn't cause I couldn't remember where I had seen it. And I still don't. Is that from the wiki?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've been playing a lot more Villager lately. Definitely one of my favorite characters to use.

I'm yellin' timberrrrrrrrr

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
Does anyone else suspect that Villager ate Snake? Balloon = Cypher. Lloyd = Nikita. Plant tree = plant C4. Tree upward growth = detonate C4. Fsmashes small range but devastating. Fireworks ~ mortar. Turnips = Snake's legs.

Just watch as Snakeskin Shirt Villager becomes a DLC in the next patch.

hi Villager mains. I'm trying to learn to play her but it hasn't been going very well lol.
What hasn't been working?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Does anyone else suspect that Villager ate Snake? Balloon = Cypher. Lloyd = Nikita. Plant tree = plant C4. Tree upward growth = detonate C4. Fsmashes small range but devastating. Fireworks ~ mortar. Turnips = Snake's legs.

Just watch as Snakeskin Shirt Villager becomes a DLC in the next patch.

That would explain why I play so much of snake back then

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Not grabbing is probably the biggest thing I have to work on. Effective use of fair/bair and Lloid is another big thing. I haven't been putting too much time into learning Villager because I've been working on my Jigglypuff a lot.

Top Bottom