• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The only available date is Nov 27, and Condog wants to host on that given date. It's likely to be confirmed for that date -- keep posted!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
As close as an getting to 82 tram to Ftsc.

Condog, I emailed you the reservation papers -- action please!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
oi conor/vermy, next time there's a double jeopardy situation can you perhaps switcharoo as tio suggests
losers quarters should have been me vs afro and ledge vs earl imo
if the option is there it should be taken imo
thoughts?

Splice

Smash Hero
It should be done unless the players start their match BEFORE you switch it; by then it's too late and it's a **** move especially if a game has already been finished.

Otherwise, if it is spotted and you are sure none of the sets have started, yeah i think its alright idea.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
it would have been spotted as soon as i was entered as winning against dean
a window pops up recommending the switch

Dekar289

Smash Hero
oh i c!
for some reason tio not keen on switching it to dekar vs earl and ledge vs afro anyway
you live another day, conor/vermy

Dekar289

Smash Hero
well let's face it, gary would have gone onto win
bad bracket robbed me of 2nd place and some $

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Compared to last year, we have more events running during less time, and you want to add more events?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I thought we started at like 10ish? xD Not that it matters really, ran perfect.

But yeah, I recommend starting earlier again. Sure people lose sleep, but at least everything runs on time lol

C~Dog

Smash Champion
We didn't start earlier because the venue (to my knowledge) was unable to be booked earlier than midday. I don't care if people have to get up early, I don't have a problem with that.

But starting 3 hours later than last year is only part of the problem. The other is a significant amount of people playing both games, which results in conflicts between matches that need to be played for both games. Additionally, factor in that people will naturally want to chill out, play some friendlies, and get food, and you are going to be really pressed to finish on time. Pretty sure Stigma didn't have Melee Singles and Doubles running at the same time.

Also Melee finishing on time is obviously going to happen if it takes less time to finish games. That's a no brainer.

EDIT: I can only be so strict with getting people to play matches, I can't exactly DQ people for playing Melee can I?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
What Conor says is true. What would solve some of that problem would be to ensure teams for both games don't run at the same time. But ultimately, the onus is on the player to make sure their name doesn't fall too far back in the bracket list. People need to manage their own time -- that's not the prime responsibility of the TO -- unless they got paid for this kind of work to be held accountable -- Condog is volunteering for you guys -- let's not forget that.

I think I DQ'ed 2 or 3 people because I was really sick and had to progress quickly. I would suggest having a hard stance and holding players accountable in future if they hold up a bracket.

We can work towards getting an ealier start time next year.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
So do we need a new venue now? lol..

Why wasn't the venue left clean in the first place? =S I thought there was a tidy up after everyone packed away gear?

Well, I hope a new venue comes next year. Although I wont be around for long.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm not too concerned about what the Convent has to say unless it's been officially communicated with CW. And we've got until March 2011 to settle it, so let's not worry about it for a while.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll definently remember to alternate Saturday and Sundays for next years season, Abhi. So if there's 10 tournaments next year, 5 will hopefully be on Sundays

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i've forwarded the reservation papers to Conor a week ago; it'll be up to him to process them

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Probably it's too late notice for everyone I imagine.

Anything happening in december? or is tournaments over for the season?

I would run a tournament at my house since i got ****loads of space, but i dont think anyone is willing to travel all the way to whoop whoop land xD

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
Whoooh, Haven't been here in a while. HIYA everyone! ^.^

I got a question, Am I to understand that the tourney season starts in march next year?
It would be sweet if it started in February, or maybe even a pre season, or even in whoop whoop with leish, hell maybe we'll start one here in Bendigo and somehow convince you all to come... >.<
The reason being, A friend of Tanman's from America is coming for 3 month, Dec to Feb. We thought "Cool show him the aussie smash scene in feb, that's when the season starts, isn't it?"

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I would probably run some in jan/feb like we did at the start of this year.

Also sorry about failing to book the venue for this weekend, I was destroyed by my last uni project of the year.

I've been awake for 40 hours.

Top Bottom