• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VIDEO SMASH NEXUS - forum is up!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
how do you use this? is there a site were you have to go too
Buzz said:
I am working hard to debug and bring a fully functional site to life for the public to use. So, the URL will not be disclosed at this time. ^_^
I was supposed to launch a beta test last weekend, but my server didn't come through for me. Expect a working model to be up and running in the next week.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I still think you should repost this in Melee Discussion >_> You'll get way more viewers and users... and suggestions.
In due time... I'm still implementing the basic infrastructure, so I'm really in no position to accept dozens of suggestions from everyone. Once it is up and running, then I will broadcast it in a more open area. I'm sure people will have great suggestions once they are able to view/use the site for themselves.

And odds are I will still target the 1v1 and 2v2 forums. This is a video search engine, so I don't know if the mods would like it too much in the Melee Discussion forum. >_>

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
when will it be up by? i always have trouble findin good yl's
I hope to have it up in a week or two. I'm finishing up some code for various pages. It is functional right now, but it's not ready for public use.

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
wow cool this looks to be awesome <--- I love whoever said that first

hey buzz i have some great advice never post this in melee discussion pls. in fact do yourself a favor and never go to the melee discussion area ever again. here are just about the only threads ever made in melee discussion which cycle every couple days

HELP WITH SHORRTHOP!!!!
WHAT IS WAVEDASH!?!?!?!
WHO IS YOUR FAVE CHAR?!?!?! ;)
OMG TEH PWNZ OMG I LOVE KEN HE IS TEH PWNZ
OMG WHAT IS MOST U EVER PWN SOMEONE!! I PWN KEN!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Never post in Melee Discussion. Got it. ;)

The project is coming along quite well. It seems right as I finish one part, another needed project pops up. So, rest assured that the site will be fully functional when I release it. The only down-side to the early phases is that the search index will pathetic at best, but that's where you all come in. As users tag videos, the index will grow rapidly and quickly become useful. :)

I was supposed to post a working version earlier this week, but I'm still having trouble setting up a server. If someone has a server with PHP/MySQL enabled, I would be most appreciative.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Wows cools, this looks to be awesomes

Maybe you could even have an input spot that links the video to the SWF thread on the video for discussion?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Still having trouble with the server?
Yes. I have space with PHP enabled, but I still have no MySQL password, so it's useless until they give it to me. Don't worry. This project won't die. ;)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
it better not... or you'll look to be dead...

just some motivation!
Despite your murderous sarcasm (maybe), it is at least good to hear there is some anticipation surrounding this project. It'd be very discouraging if everyone saw this as a worthless gimmick. If all runs well, it should prove to be extremely useful to the smash community.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I am in the process of shifting some things around. Given the fact that my potential server providers keep dropping out on me, I am taking this opportunity to move onto phase 2 of programming (I'll let you know what that is once it's near completion).

I'm sorry this is taking longer than expected, but until either a server or a bundle of money lands in my lap, I cannot release this to the public. I'm not going to pay for a server until the site is really ready to go. Only if my project suddenly becomes sponsored will I be able to release the site in phases. Technically, it works right now despite being in an incomplete form. :)

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
\/\/0\/\/ (001. 7|-|15 100|<5 70 |33 4\/\/350/\/\3
>.>
<.<

Err... I mean...
wow cool. this looks to be awesome

Seriously now, looking forward to this! Sounds awesome!

Just Action

Smash Journeyman
Do you plan on adding Brawl and maybe even 64 support in the future? It seems, from my very very elementary understanding of programming, that it would be easy enough to add new search criteria to accomodate the games.

I'm also just curious how tagging works. I might of missed this, but can only the people that submit the videos tag/edit it, or is it wiki-cized?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Do you plan on adding Brawl and maybe even 64 support in the future? It seems, from my very very elementary understanding of programming, that it would be easy enough to add new search criteria to accomodate the games.

I'm also just curious how tagging works. I might of missed this, but can only the people that submit the videos tag/edit it, or is it wiki-cized?
I've already implemented support for all three games (obviously with only limited support for Brawl based on our current knowledge).

The tagging is a fuzzy issue at the moment. I hope to make it Wiki-type tagging, but the current plan is to only allow the original submitter to edit tags (excluding moderators/administrators).

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
wow, cool this looks to be Awesome.

I want to ehlp buzz...one way or another...i wanna beta test...just pm me.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I want to help buzz...one way or another...i wanna beta test...just pm me.
I appreciate your support. Once everything is up and running, I'll be sure to allow a rush of beta testers inside. ^_^

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I posted a small project update in the first post. Once I release it, I will create new threads (probably in the 1v1 and 2v2 forums) with detailed instructions on setting up the program. ^_^

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think there's 30 "Wow cool. This looks to be awesome" or a variant of that in this thread.

Wow cool, this looks to be awesome.

Uber props, Buzz.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
When would you LIKE it to come out? ^_^

I'm working on it as best I can.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
There will be new threads in the 1v1 and 2v2 forums when the project is ready. For now, I'm just hackin' away at it.

Top Bottom