• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VIDEO SMASH NEXUS - forum is up!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I suggest you hurry since when brawl is out this wont get much use.
LOL! My project is compatible with all three smash games. If anything, my project will catch on fire due to Brawl videos streaming in like crazy.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm workin' on it! I promise it won't disappoint.

Just take it all in stride Buzz, relax. Don't stop working on it, but take your time, that way we get the best you can offer us. No pressure is right, just get it done as soon as you can. Looking forward to this.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
PRESSURE LOTS OF PRESSURE! FINISH NOW!

No jk dont rush w/e if it doesnt work out its fine. This would be amazing though.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Release date is too good, open it at midnight.
We've got a lot done on it. Buzz is like.... a speed freak when it comes to coding. He'll IM me and say "working on this" and I'll go to the bathroom and he'll be finished.

Unless we run into trouble, it should be ready well before July 1rst :)

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
The "More" button at the bottom of the search page returns an invalid link and sends you right back to the search function. Looks like you changed the names of all of the variables in the URL.
Is: search.php?player1a=&char1a=&stage=&player2a=&char2a=&match=&game=&tournament=&set=&page=
Should be: search.php?p1a=&c1an=&stage=&p2a=&c2an=&game=&tournament=&match=&phase=&page=

And don't forget ©.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Yeah, Jihnsius, I haven't worked on that part yet. I'll repair that ASAP. If I remember correctly, the 2v2 search does not even offer that functionality.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
wow cool. this looks to be awesome

I hate when I'm late on all the coolest trends. :(

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Buzz is working hard on the coding, and we should be working on aesthetics and a beta for back roomers soon!

Remember guys, this is a community project. Buzz can make it and I can host it and we can advertise it all well and good, but it requires other users to upload links to videos!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
The project is coming along very nicely. The release date will feature the basic Nexus functions, but I will continue to add to it over time. It will only improve from week to week. ^_^

Overswarm

is laughing at you
We're working on it, dunno if it'll be up on July 1rst though!

If it is, it will more than likely be a "beta" version of sorts :)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Today marks the start of the beta period. The moderators will begin indexing videos as soon as I update the VSN with the latest version. I'm a bit behind because I got sick today, but the beta will be up shortly. Unfortunately for the rest of you, access cannot be granted just yet. Once the beta test passes with the moderators, problems are addressed, and a decent sized index is created, then the URL will be publicly revealed here.

We're looking at a tentative final public release date of July 8 if the beta test goes as planned. ^_^

Overswarm

is laughing at you
keep in mind that any date at all is completely subject to change :p

It is ready when it is ready, no sooner or later.

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
Question, sorry if it has been answered already:
Does the video smash nexus actually host videos, or does it act like a search engine and point you to the webpage, say on youtube, where the streaming video is?

Top Bottom