• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
So you did post the match here. Okay, the third place I'll have posted this then. =P

[11:41:49 AM] Deltacod: Hey, Slush
[11:41:55 AM] Deltacod: I know that you read all the messages
[11:42:06 AM] Deltacod: So Imma talk about your match against Sky Pirate on RC
[11:42:17 AM] Deltacod: At the start, when you got pinned against the ship
[11:42:26 AM] Deltacod: SDI up and tech
[11:42:44 AM] Deltacod: When you started to shield, you coulda tried jabbing, too
[11:42:52 AM] Deltacod: Cuz at that range, the Fsmash is weak
[11:44:23 AM] Deltacod: Don't Fsmash so much yourself
[11:44:29 AM] Deltacod: Dsmash is also a bad idea at low percents
[11:44:31 AM] Deltacod: Uh
[11:44:51 AM] Deltacod: You gave up a lot of positional advantage during the rotation to try and Fair him
[11:44:58 AM] Deltacod: Don't be in such a hurry.
[11:45:05 AM] Deltacod: Nice SDI on the way back down to the ship
[11:45:29 AM] Deltacod: You don't always have to Momentum Cancel
[11:45:39 AM] Deltacod: That's actually what got you hit at about 2:10
[11:46:37 AM] Deltacod: Them DR wavelands
[11:46:38 AM] Deltacod: K
[11:46:40 AM] Deltacod: So on RC
[11:46:48 AM] Deltacod: Your objective should be to stay below your opponent
[11:46:51 AM] Deltacod: When it's scrolling up
[11:47:12 AM] Deltacod: And when it's scrolling to the right
[11:47:17 AM] Deltacod: You want to force your opponent to approach
[11:47:22 AM] Deltacod: So stay with the scroll

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
You approach really recklessly ._. Like wow i can't comprehend why you DJ AD'd under him when there was nothing to land on lol. I'd say work on Your RC stage knowledge. Aside from the wreckless approaches you just seem to be using the terrain wrong. Like Instead of just camping out the scroll up you went for some silly fairs. Olimar was above you which is where you want him. You can spam your eggs to keep him on edge and Go up for some fairs.

Now for K Prime. inb4namesearch. He was chillin lmao. It looked to me like he played you as if you were completely free. He never really approaches and all of his damage was off of a read because you weren't really being too threatening and you were getting very predictable. I can go into details as to what you shouldn't have been doing there if you want.

Sharky

Smash Master
against kprime you seemed like you just did a lot of things cause that's what you're used to doing, not because of any sort of read, for example djc egglays when kprime isn't anywhere near you. oh, and STOP MOMENTUM CANCELING AGAINST PIKACHU!!! YOU DIE!!!!

Scatz

Smash Champion
Time for teh critiques!

Alrighty, I'ma watch all three matches, but I won't explain every detail I see in them.

1st match
  • You missed a good chance to spike Snake whn you threw him off the stage. You don't wanna let those go by. Even if you were trying to kill him via Nair to the blastline, it would've been more worthwhile to spike and add on more damage so that you could actually kill him with Nair.
  • You got him to airdodge at 1:45, you should've DJC'd Egglay to put up back into the air.
  • You started to get antsy for no reason when he didn't die from the first Uair (or you could've just been changing up playstyles). Keep a passive playstyle on Snake cause running in with Usmash/DownB without a good read or setup devastates us.
  • Good Uair.
  • Why would you Fsmash when 1) he's not in kill range, and 2) you are in SUPER death percents? Keep your stock for as long as possible. You don't want to have momentum run off and have a close match that would stress you out more than needed.
  • Taking unnecessary damage after just dying. Sit away from him and chuck a few eggs to see reactions. It'll give you time to think about what to do.
  • Again, he airdodged thinking that you were going to Uair him. Punish those with egglay to keep him in the air! As a matter of fact, he's not even using B-reversed nades. You SHOULD be killing him cause it's tons easier to juggle Snake.
  • Very nice bait to make him kill himself.
  • I'd trust that you were experimenting with Uairs cause your 2nd death was rediculous. Camp him harder when you have the stock lead and do hit and run punishes.
  • Now, if you were able to DR, 4:55 was the PERFECT spot to DR Fsmash him.
  • Don't know if you've noticed, but he's almost always airdodging into the ground. Since that's all he's really doing, you can just **** him with grabs until he starts changing it up. Don't overdo stuff when they fail to adapt.
  • Bad luck on the end.
2nd Match
  • Lmao...Tripping.
  • One thing I'm starting to notice is that you have a habit of throwing out pivot grab. Don't just use it carelessly; it's not as safe as we think, and when people time their moves, they can hit you just before you regain control of your character. Snake mortar sliding you at 10:00 was a good example. Throwing it out is fine against characters that can't punish it, but you have to keep in mind that there ARE some that can punish it at certain distances.
  • Stock fail. Now I remember why you lost this match...
  • I see you were going for the Bair > Usmash combo. You might as well memorize the percents where it's guarenteed. I believe it's about 50% to a varying 100% - 130%.
  • Preemptively spotdodging. You can trust Yoshi's shield. I've been doing some of the frame data lately, and Yoshi can just let go of shield and have a better frame advantage rather than spotdodging. Plus, it'll keep you from getting read against tougher players.
  • You could've made a better comeback at the end by dash grabbing when he was landing. The tip has good enough range to snag him just barely. If not, you could've just waited and revise another plan instead of rushing in.
3rd Match
  • Snake tip: Throwing eggs when snake is at mid range (and grounded) is asking to get hit by dash attack.
  • WHY?!?! You had a Nair attempt after he fell from your shielded Uair at 13:15! That was free damage for you.
  • Again, you still didn't notice that you're preemptively throwing out pivot grab in unsafe places, and you're trying to land Uair when he's constantly airdodging into the ground.
  • 14:02 - If I was you, that would've been Usmash attempt even if it would've been powershielded.
  • I remember asking you about the death of your first stock. So, I'ma leave it at that.
  • If he's blowing up his C4, take the chance to punish his cooldown. From the looks of it, you had a fairly good chance that Uair would've landed at 15:15
  • Something to keep in mind (and test), I believe downB hits grounded (when they're on dead position) opponents. That would've given you the chance to get another free hit off at 15:20.
  • I believe you're attempting to run behind snake and pivot grab at 16:00. You've tried this multiple times over the set, and honestly, you're doing it too many times. You haven't conditioned Doommachine to spotdodge from your grabs, so a dash grab would've been much more appropriate for the situation.
  • Cover your landings with either a Bair or B-reverse Egglay. You wouldn't have been eating a dash attack and more fires at 16:10.
  • Just noticed that when you're on the edge, you throw almost ALL five of your eggs when the opponent is close to you. If not, you get off the ledge. You should work in other types of methods to not be in that position where if you were to get knocked off, you couldn't recover due to no more boosts from UpB.
  • Something random I just remembered. I believe that if you catch Snake's nades and throw it back, it'll help refresh your moves when they blowup on something (even Snake's own nades). Something to let you think about when playing the matchup again.
  • You're doing better at trying to hold the stock.
  • Boost your reaction time up. Snake airdodged AGAIN at 17:40 at a perfect opportunity to pivot grab him.
  • Just realized you missed a big moment. When you got the grab on Snake at 19:05, you had the chance to wait and throw him into the cart. Know your options! Don't just always throw them immediately after getting grabbed.
Alright, time for you Yosh. I'm not going to do all the vids, I'm just going to choose three I think are good for critiques.

It's been a while since I've posted a video dump. Might as well put these on here. All of 'em are vs. Marth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWQEUOJ5gsc (match 4)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d924N1HsJ8k (match 6)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m5fbvhhzc4 (match 8)

Kirby thoroughly trounced me in these. I think starting out our KO total got to like 43 and 21 before I started to do better, but he still won a majority of the matches handily. These were from a night of friendlies on April 18th, and they're the last time I've played the game, so that's my most up-to-date Yoshi. I think I'm doing a lot of things right in these, and at times I can see my full potential, but I've still got some bad habits to break. I did break one of them during this night though, so I'm glad that I'm actually learning/disciplining myself.

First match
  • If you've noticed that you've missed an attack while they're getting back up, your best interest might be to quickly sliding pivot grab to avoid trouble. Jabbing shields without conditioning is asking to get punished.
  • Spiking Marth is far too hard without proper setup, and by setup I mean them airdodging, getting hit by actual Setup (SH'd/DJC'd egg to w/e move). Since he has invincibility, you should try to for him to go low and grab the ledge, or bait the upB for punishment.
  • One thing I always notice, you always throw an egg at the ledge (or just above it) whenever you get about a few spaces away. I've seen you throw the egg regardless of where Marth is at, and it costed you a few punishment opportunities (some you still got quickly after). That might be something you can think about later on cause you can cause more pressure just by sitting there and waiting for his reaction.
  • Good jab > downB.
  • You've gotten punished from falling Bair whenever you got sent up high. Use some B-reverse egglays to make your landing more ambiguous.
  • I know you're gonna hate me for this, but it's still something I should point out. If you're going to airdodge, do it later in the decent or after you've attempted to throw your opponent off. Random, but occasional DownBs can also help from being juggled so much (point where DownB had a better chance than other moves is at 1:45).
  • You missed a good opportunity for a DJ'd Uair at 2:07. Recognize the moments and react as fast as possible!
  • DI man! You can't be dying at such low percents!!! Also, Dair normally isn't worth using until the opponent's percent can go over 100. The hitstun increases, giving you a chance to not be countered on hit. Hell, when you use Dair > Nair on opponents under 100%, they can counter during the transition with a fast enough move due to lack of hitstun.
  • 2:24 - A situation I believe Yoshi players will be able to benefit if they can adjust to this. You can cancel the unshield animation with a spotdodge. This can give the opponent a false sense of an opening and make them attack while you've already spotdodged. It would've allowed you to get out of that horrible situation (which caused you to take a bajillion percents) and gave you a chance to retaliate.
  • After taking all that damage, you should've went to the far left side to reset the situation so that you wouldn't take even more damage. Don't feel like you have to rush to make come backs once you're down.
  • Good Uair under the stage.
  • Excellent conditioning! It reminds me of the time I landed that on Halberd a while back. Charge the Usmash while they stand on the platform, and it conditions them to get shield poked or jump away so that we're still at an advantageous position.
  • 3:15 was your second chance at the same scenario, but it still worked towards your favor.
  • I don't know why you rolled after the footstool, but normally you can just sit there and watch them cause you're safe from attacks.
2nd Match
  • Go for the ledge or DJ to a safer place. Airdodging back down when Marth was waiting to punish landing lag isn't going to help your side.
  • Reaction times! Powershielding the Ftilt = a free grab. We don't get many chances to punish from those, so may as well make the best of it!
  • Good try on the charged Fsmash. Unfortunately, it didn't push him off the ledge, which would've gave him no chance to punish, but don't instinctively go to jabbing when there's moves that can easily beat it.
  • 0:52 was you chance to Uair him. There might not be places you think you can attack, but it happens a lot. I learned this from MvC3 >.<
  • I think in general, staying below Marth is better for us in terms of punishment. You could've gotten a grab off from the airdodge he threw out from your jump. Even then, you could bait the airdodge with the SH and punish accordingly.
  • C'mon! Take the ledge and force him to land on the stage. It gives him a lot of lag where we can punish. This isn't Blarganight >.<
  • Point shows that always throwing an egg can make you miss opportunities, and 2:26 was that moment.
  • Preemptively rolling. I've seen you sit in your shield when he's just coming back alive. As far as I know, Marth covers our OoS options better than other characters. Just run around or DJ away to keep taking unnecessary damage.
  • Eating tippers all day. Marth can't get us if we're under the ledge. Go for sweetspotting the ledge with upB or downBing from under to avoid that.
  • I mentioned this with Sharky, throwing out pivot grab is punishable. If you notice that you don't have enough time to get another out at a safe distance, then go for another defensive move to reset the playing field.
  • Uair opportunity missed at 3:02. Egg give enough time to combo when you're close to your opponent. Even at high percents, you can combo from the egg, but just more strict.
  • Use your eggs to zone more! If you would've thrown an egg in between the opening of the top and right platforms, it would force Marth to steer away from it unless he chose to make a bad choice and airdodge through it. Eggs can help you push opponents and keep stage control for you.
  • Opponents popping out from the egg have invincibility (I think around 10-15 frames). If you wanna pressure like that, then try to stay under them so that when they pop out, they don't have any invinciblie frames left to punish your pressure attempts.
Match 3
  • You might be able to benefit from Dtilting after hitting them with Ftilt. It can catch them while airdodging a lot and force them to jump if they choose not to airdodge.
  • Airdodge to dodge the initial hit. Notice that he's moving away from you, then move back to the ledge. Moving forward all the time isn't worth doing unless you can land with retreating Bair/egglay.
  • Again, getting hit after they pop out the egg. Lay low, and it'll force a different answer from them.
  • Use the hit to roll away farther than normal. You took a LOT of shield damage from two Utilts when you could've rolled after he landed the first one on your shield.
  • Omg DI....
  • Saw that you tried to B-reverse Egglay. Get that technical skill up!
  • Personally, I think a DJAD would've done you better than plain airdodge (wouldn't have gotten you killed at least).
  • Another missed attempt at 3:34. Your SH backwards could've been canceled into a DJC'd Egglay.
  • Last stock got you killed cause you went for the stage instead of the ledge. It's almost always better to land on the ledge if you have no space to work with when landing on the stage.
Man....I did all this writing and I still gotta write about 3 more papers later this week. **** my life. x.x Well, enjoy your critques guys!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^ One of the many reasons Scatz is my hero.

Also guys, I know this isn't guaranteed (but seriously, what is in brawl?), but I've realised that when your opponent is at low damage, a sweetspotted fair puts them right into position to get hit by a dair to footstool and is never really expected. Imma try some stuff out with this at a smashfest sometime and see if it's even worth it, cuz it actually sounds like it could be an early kill on an unexpecting opponent.

It's kind of gimmicky, but hey, still an option.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I dunno, I guess so. Like I said, I need to try it out, that was all theory craft so I'm not positive on anything yet.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Sweet, thanks for the critique Bigz! I will definitely try to incorporate that into my game. Not sure how I can get my reaction time faster honestly. I know my reaction time sucks and it's why my DI is terrible at times. A LOT of my playstyle is throwing out attacks based on predicting my opponent and not reacting on the spot, and if I'm not expecting to get hit by an attack, then I don't input the DI in time. I just don't know how I can fix that sadly. My DI is a lot better during tournaments though (I guess cause my adrenaline's up), but with just friendlies, it's not the greatest =/

Yikarur

Smash Master
you don't need to react to have "good DI". Just hold up whereever you don't have anything better to do.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I can honestly say that my reaction speed is good from playing old puzzle games like tetris attack. A tip for DI Is expecting the hit whenever I miss an attack. That can help you DI better.

:phone:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
you don't need to react to have "good DI". Just hold up whereever you don't have anything better to do.
LOL I thought I was the only one who did this.

I either have really good or really bad DI. It usually goes as follows:

Good DI: Was already holding up.

Bad DI: Hit while trying to dash away/Pivot Grab/Spot Dodge

Mediocre DI: Bad DI but with enough of a good reactionary DI to not die at 60%.

D

Deleted member

Slush you just spam techs ;)
You did get a lot better though. Some neat egg lay and down b stuff :)
Stop dsmashing. If something isnt working stop doing it. If the total damage you are doing with a move is greater than the damage you are taking, you can keep doing it.

Why do you keep jumping above pikachu. Do you enjoy uair nair =D
You are really impatient when hes at the edge. You randomly ran up and usmashed at the ledge, which doesnt seem promising :p

Momentum cancelling vs pika= No no

You seem like you are doing stuff that works in general. You need to analyze how pikachu gets damage and kills, and react accordingly
Generally pikachu is good when you are above him, and when you throw out stuff, because he punishes like a boss. You were above him a lot, and throwing out lots of stuff.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
I watched them. Wow. That was pretty bad lol. You shoulda camped RC once you lost the lead. I mean im not even sure how you lost on RC. The video quality was pretty bad so i missed stuff but uhhhh...Work on not accidentally eggrolling. Work on Aiming eggs at the edges. Work on your decision making because you ran into a dair for like all of your stocks on RC and i think game 1 too. Idk do you want a critique? I'll get someone else on that cuz im not qualified imo.

PS Both links lead to game 1

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Fixed the links.. Ok here's sort of a summary of the matches I posted. It would be nice to get a critique, but I pretty much know that I don't always "think" while playing and go on autopilot most times. If you saw the videos I think that was exactly the case.

Game 1: My second stock I was just being a sandbag unfortunately, my kill on link was long overdue and I was taking all sorts of unnecessary damage.

Game 2: First stock died at 98%, second died at 116% and third at 89%...yeah that's really embarrassing.

Don't kill me Yoshis!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I'll watch them and maybe edit in (or repost if someone else posts after me) a critique if I feel like it. Don't expect anything until at least Thursday, in fact, you probably shouldnt expect anything.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Fixed the links.. Ok here's sort of a summary of the matches I posted. It would be nice to get a critique, but I pretty much know that I don't always "think" while playing and go on autopilot most times. If you saw the videos I think that was exactly the case.
Too be honest, I still go autopilot after 3 years of playing this game. It's a big issue, but it can be fixed. In order to deal with it, you have to go into the match knowing at least a little of what you need to do in terms of the MU (character, stage, player, etc.), and then you have to watch your opponent for patterns above anything else.

Now with the matches, a lot of what you were doing looks a lot like what I used to do; just throw things out there. To remedy this, I would recommend hitting up that training mode that that Sakurai-guy put on this here game we call Brawl. Learn the spacing of every move, and get to know Yoshi's mobility a little more. Just get to know Yoshi a little more. Sit him down for a cup of tea and talk it out. :awesome:

Arle Nadja

Prodigy Sorceress & Girl Power Icon
NNID
ChaoticMarin
3DS FC
1547-5230-3937
Me vs. Samus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPCKogphuas

Contained in this video: Psuedo hax (See: Second kill), me trolololing with my egg laying, and really poor quality audio (I recommend turning your audio down to 75% or less so that your ears are not surprised.)

Me vs Pit vs Ganon vs Meta Knight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhT440-dQUE

Contained in this video: Hilarious down b auto ledge grab derpage. Shameless punishing of taunts. Shamelessly defensive strategies. Terrible failure to stall mid-air with egg throw resulting in egg rolling to death. Why rolling towards a Meta Knight staring you down is a terrible, terrible idea. (Followed by Ganon shenanigans to end the match. Not that he wasn't pulling shenanigans on the MK the entire match. xD)

Arle Nadja

Prodigy Sorceress & Girl Power Icon
NNID
ChaoticMarin
3DS FC
1547-5230-3937
They're both wifi. They're also both fairly old. They're just one of the few I happened to have ready for posting. It's worth mentioning that I do better the more pressure is put on me. I tend to screw around when I feel like I can get away with it.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Too be honest, I still go autopilot after 3 years of playing this game. It's a big issue, but it can be fixed. In order to deal with it, you have to go into the match knowing at least a little of what you need to do in terms of the MU (character, stage, player, etc.), and then you have to watch your opponent for patterns above anything else.

Now with the matches, a lot of what you were doing looks a lot like what I used to do; just throw things out there. To remedy this, I would recommend hitting up that training mode that that Sakurai-guy put on this here game we call Brawl. Learn the spacing of every move, and get to know Yoshi's mobility a little more. Just get to know Yoshi a little more. Sit him down for a cup of tea and talk it out. :awesome:
Yeah, I kinda remember some MU, but from the Bwett days. I better start adapting to the new metagame and train on tech stuff too. This will apply only when I actively play and not on auto-pilot either...*sigh*

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Got a bunch of matches saved last night and am gonna go get my capture card so i can record them. I'll hopefully get them up later today, be im hella tired, so ill do it when i wake up. Ive been awake 50+ hours without sleep now and just stopped to get breakfast on my way home, as soon as im back, imma crash until i wake up basically lol. But as soon as they're up, I would love some critique. Hopefully me being tired didnt make me seem terrible :p

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
I looked at game 1 of the Zelda set. You're egg tosses were kinda bad. Thrown at bad times/poorly thrown.

Dodging Fireballs. Legit it shouldn't be that hard. If you're in the Air AD at around the time where it is just in your range while moving forward and it shouldn't hit you no matter what. If you're far enough away just chuck an egg directly at her and she either drops the ball to try and shield or you trade or it misses. Usually positive result no matter what. Or you can just walk and spot dodge. Midrange i'd say dash attack or spot dodge/shield it.(anyone can correct me if i'm wrong here, i haven't played a zelda in a while)

You threw out random fairs, but at the weirdest times. Like they probably wouldn't have hit anyway because you inputted the a lil too late and it was reaally easy to see coming.

Im not sure how egglay helps this matchup but you didn't use any really. Just something to note.

I'll watch the rest later

D

Deleted member

Lol you are losing to a zelda that uses up b offensively....
Stop predictably airdodging into all of his smashes. Work on mixing up your defensive options, with pivot egg lays and holding shield and rolling and stuff.

Stop airdodging side b, just nair unless its an easy airdodge.
Side b should never hit u, he hit u with it like 30 times XD
Like Celes said, you had some dumb egg tosses that got punished.

First game you got lucky as balls xD
Fourth game same things, he could have easily won when u threw out down b for no reason (punishable on block very easily)

You did some good stuff with up air i liked, and punished dodges pretty nice.
Zelda was terribad tho :/

Edit: Watched games 1+ 4 vs TL.

You dont seem to care about taking damage. You seem to just like play and hope that your stuff works. In the beginning of game 4, u took 15% boomerang damage for NO REASON. He didnt trap you, you just spotdodged instead of shielded and took 15%. Not very significant, but id say its kind of representative of most of how you are getting hit.
On the other hand, you have a very nice close quarters mixup game, which i kind of like. You space pretty well when u arent airdodging into stuff or getting hit for no reason. Your DI is pretty good for the most part, but if you just played a little more cautiously and didnt like random crap hit you, you'd be living longer.

I really like your use of fair btw XD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I looked at game 1 of the Zelda set. You're egg tosses were kinda bad. Thrown at bad times/poorly thrown.
Yeah, I wasnt doing great at the beginning, but just FYI, this was my first match of the night with zero warm ups and hadnt played smash for a while. I did get my aim back later on though ;)

Dodging Fireballs. Legit it shouldn't be that hard. If you're in the Air AD at around the time where it is just in your range while moving forward and it shouldn't hit you no matter what. If you're far enough away just chuck an egg directly at her and she either drops the ball to try and shield or you trade or it misses. Usually positive result no matter what. Or you can just walk and spot dodge. Midrange i'd say dash attack or spot dodge/shield it.(anyone can correct me if i'm wrong here, i haven't played a zelda in a while)
Yeah, I need to learn to dodge those better, Im not really that knowledgeable of the Zelda MU at all to be honest, need to figure it out a bit more.

As for trades, trades are in her favor as fireball does 14%ish and eggs do 9ish.

And yeah, like I said, i came into this with no MU knowledge, so I didnt really know what the best way to go about it was. I'll try out what you mentioned and figure it out.

You threw out random fairs, but at the weirdest times. Like they probably wouldn't have hit anyway because you inputted the a lil too late and it was reaally easy to see coming.
I'll try and work on that.

Im not sure how egglay helps this matchup but you didn't use any really. Just something to note.

I'll watch the rest later
From what Ive seen, it's alright, but risky as a miss spaced or whiffed egg lay can result in a smash attack quite easily, but when it does work, it puts her in a really bad position. I have a few friendlies from later on that night against this same Zelda that got recorded and I was planning on uploading tomorrow, I figured it out a bit better then, so I could post those as well.

Lol you are losing to a zelda that uses up b offensively....
Stop predictably airdodging into all of his smashes. Work on mixing up your defensive options, with pivot egg lays and holding shield and rolling and stuff.
I think Up B is a legit move from what I've seen, and I wasnt losing :p I do need to work on my air dodge problem, even when I watch I can tell I need to work on that... I'll try and work on my defensive game as well.

Stop airdodging side b, just nair unless its an easy airdodge.
Side b should never hit u, he hit u with it like 30 times XD
Like Celes said, you had some dumb egg tosses that got punished.
I actually didnt realize nair beat out her fireballs until prob game 3 or so lol :laugh: but now I know. And yeah, eggs got better later...

First game you got lucky as balls xD
Fourth game same things, he could have easily won when u threw out down b for no reason (punishable on block very easily)
Pssh, all skill... Seriously though, I do need to work on playing safer :/

You did some good stuff with up air i liked, and punished dodges pretty nice.
Zelda was terribad tho :/
Thanks, and apparently he's one of the better Zelda's a ton of them were saying he should be listed in the Top 5 of each character thread until he came in and said he wasnt active enough anyway haha.

Edit: Watched games 1+ 4 vs TL.

You dont seem to care about taking damage. You seem to just like play and hope that your stuff works. In the beginning of game 4, u took 15% boomerang damage for NO REASON. He didnt trap you, you just spotdodged instead of shielded and took 15%. Not very significant, but id say its kind of representative of most of how you are getting hit.
On the other hand, you have a very nice close quarters mixup game, which i kind of like. You space pretty well when u arent airdodging into stuff or getting hit for no reason. Your DI is pretty good for the most part, but if you just played a little more cautiously and didnt like random crap hit you, you'd be living longer.
Thanks, and now that you mention it, I do take a lot of unnecessary damage, I'll work on that. I like to try and get in cuz im confident in my close up game, but I do need to work on playing more defensive and safe, so I'll try and study up a bit and work on that.

I really like your use of fair btw XD
I like my second kill in game 3 the best :D

Anyways, thanks guys, it's always nice to be given a few pointers, I appreciate it!

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Okay, I think I know your problem.

You are AFRAID of Snake.

You don't carry momentum or pressure, and you don't make easy punishes because you're afraid of something.

First stock, Snake whiffs a Bair and it suffering MASSIVE LAG while you are falling above him. What did you do? FF Bair > Utilt/Smash? No, you ran away. To the ledge. You ran away from Snake while you had an easy punish opportunity. This happened a couple other times, including the time he Dsmashed in the center of the stage while you were in a perfectly neutral situation and grounded. Easy dash grab > throw off stage > pressure. You also failed to DI Nair properly. =/ For the ledge, you shouldn't really use many grounded get up options while he's standing right there. He really covers them all easily. Egg him to weaken his shield/mess him up, then ledge hop or drop > DJ something.

Second stock: You died to jab. I don't really think you should have at that percent. Work on your DI. You also panic Jab too repeatedly. If the first one completely whiffs, gtfo of where you are, don't keep spamming them. You're also pretty bad at managing Snake's explosives. You get hit by a lot of them. Try to keep them in mind more. I liked how you were planking him when he got close; it was working. Still, work on getting up from the ledge more. Also, jabs and stuff on Snake under like, 40% isn't safe at all. He can punish you for hitting with them if you're not careful. =[

Third Stock: wtf at that ending.

You started spamming Pivot Grabs too much. If you whiff a pivot grab, it's VERY easy for Snake to Dash Attack/Mortar Slide you. You typically only want to Pivot Grab when Snake is grounded when you react to one of those two options. You also missed another pressure opportunity, where you egged him as he was above the ledge and you just sorta tried to egg him again as he FF AD'd to the ground safely. If Snake is near the ledge and in the air, it's your chance to move in and pressure him. The Snake MU is very momentum based, so it's important that you keep pressure and momentum going as long as you feasibly can.

As an example, when I played Ally, there were times where he'd deal like, 80% unanswered to me, and then I'd end up returning the favor shortly after.

You might also wanna work on your spacing a little bit. Camping is good and all, but sometimes it's good to approach. If his back is to the ledge, you can move up to mid range. From there, you can react to a dash attack/mortar slide with a pivot grab, or go for a dash grab if the opportunity arises. It's good to be there because it gives you some nice options with good rewards and it's not incredibly risky.

In general, stop being afraid of Snake and start carrying momentum.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
What I use a lot in the snake MU is egg lay. Puts snake in a bad position; in the air. Also, yeah be more aggressive. You can nair his upsmash. I'll upload one of my matches against a snake player I'm used to fighting.

/inb4ego

smokey da bear

Smash Apprentice
Here's game 1 against Snake, I know I suck at the MU so can you help me out? >.< http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0YDMQU-eKc
its good how you pivot grab his dash attacks and egg camp on edge and when he is far away but you shouldnt camp all day in this MU. Camp snake only when you are on the edge and when he is far away from you. Throwing in some egg lays to approach this snake would be a nice idea because he uses his shield a LOT. When you get snake in the air when he is at a high % go for a gimp if he is off stage or a up smash, uair, or ground pound on stage. Dont be afraid to do combos on snake because of the all mighty ftilt, when you get in his wall punish him for not keeping you out! (but dont be to agro, know when to stop or go back to throwing eggs from a distance)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Delta telling people to approach? Now I've seen everything.

*will watch video when it buffers*

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Imma work on the Snake MU, Im pretty sure I know what Im doing wrong now.

Top Bottom