• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Yeeeeeeees, Chef usage, I swear that's such an underused G&W move. The spike it has catches people off guard and gimps characters like Marth and Oli sooooooo badly.

Is grab release on Wario to Dair a legit combo?

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Yeeeeeeees, Chef usage, I swear that's such an underused G&W move. The spike it has catches people off guard and gimps characters like Marth and Oli sooooooo badly.

Is grab release on Wario to Dair a legit combo?
Grab release > Dair is legit, but the timing is pretty strict =)
Good video Chozo! Love your style.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Also, GIMR what's your next Metagame Minute going to be about?
It should be about move decay. It takes 9 to restore. When some moves are decayed they don't function normally (see throws) and on the fourth use you get more "umph" than the previous 3 (if first didn't kill, second wont, third wont, fourth will).

Also touch on how windboxes interact with stage parts like Smashville balloon, Yoshi shy guys, brinstar pieces, and green greens blocks.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
^ Agreed. Move decay is something everyone knows about, but exact mechanics about it, no one knows about. Some people don't know how multihits work, and how jabs (GaWs jab for example), can be used to take the place of the 9 moves, but if you do it too fast, not all the moves enter the queue. It's very weird, and I think everyone should know about how exactly it functions.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I don't know enough about move decay lol. People send me information

Alphicans

Smash Hero
A smasher from my region came up with a lot of stuff in 08 about the mechanics of brawl, yet most of his stuff is overlooked, because it's presented in a very complicated/boring/incomprehensible way.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210557

This explains move decay a little bit, but I think it deals with the damage aspect (which according to him is related to the overall knockback of a move, which he kind of explains in that thread). I don't know of any other threads that explain move decay, but this is a start I think.

In a video if you just show that windboxes count as moves, that multihit moves count as one move, that rapid jabs don't fill up the queue and the structures that can be used to decay moves, I think that would make for a good metagame minute.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Here's a good example of how not to play teams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HfmjBx_yz4 (Rainbow cruise match)

Now, don't get me wrong, both teams played well. There was a few silly things that happened, but yeah. What I'm getting at is when playing teams, you need to understand your team comp and how it functions and different stages. On a stage like RC, G&W should have been doing most of the work while his teammate sat back and avoided damage (see first red MK death). It's really hard to beat G&W on this stage especially when you know your opponent's can't grab you (cause MK's got your back).

Also, Diddy shouldn't have shared stocked. MK excels on RC much better than Diddy ever will, especially against an opposing MK/G&W. 1v2 situations aren't always a guaranteed loss, especially if one of the opponents is already at lethal percent.

Another team tip: If you are playing on a wacky stage that has a part where you could get gimped or killed at early percents, stay the hell away from that part of the stage. I don't care how good you are or how much practice you have doing combos there, it's NEVER worth it. If you lose a stock at 0%, you should lose that game (unless the opponents fail to take advantage of their lead). Examples include: PS1 windmill, PS1 tree, PS1 mountain, Rainbow Cruise before it drops back to boat start, Various pictochat transformations, Water, Edge-guarding MK, etc

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
Hey, so I've been wondering if there's a thread or anything where I can get my videos criticized, even tough I only have two recent ones of a crewbattle. GnW is my secondary and I've been using him a lot in tourneys recently. And since GnW will be allowed in Mid Tiers @ my next tourney (Yes, you heard right) I will probably use him even more often. Oh I'm from Europe/Germany. Any help will be highly appreciated.
I've got told that I can post my videos here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGsF7LgAahE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbM6ywvc6UA&feature=related

Sorry, right now I don't have any more stuff. I would be pleased, if you write me improvement suggestions or draw my attention to errors.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
You're really good! Quicksilver and BlueB are no joke, and almost beating BlueB a stock down? That's legit.

I don't really know how to criticize, because it really looked like they didn't know how to play GaW that well, but I definitely give you credit for beating them (well almost beating them in BlueB's case).

Splice

Smash Hero
I watched the match vs BluB

I liked how you kept the pressure on instead of letting him get too comfortable.
I'm surprised he didn't SDI the Bairs very well and kept falling for the same stuff though lol

Sometimes right next to falco you just sat in sheild, it didnt seem to go very well for you.
UpB out of sheild or an attack out of sheild, just dont get pressured and do silly things i guess :p

You played pretty smart though, and you managed to get back on the stage without him hurting you too much when you were knocked off.

Sometimes you used Fair when you could have used Nair and juggled more, which is more rewarding if he's at low %'s plus Fairs lag can screw you over if you dont use it right or miss, so I think you should consider when to use Nair instead of Fair.

Nice reads too! GJ :)

Splice

Smash Hero
! WARIO !

Guys I need some last minute help with the Wario MU before a major in 4 days

I'm looking at some outdated threads and vids on these boards
wondering if theres any recent matches of GaW defeating dat Wario and vids

Or pro tips that anyone has in particular that they've picked up

Or a delicious bite-size paragraph from UTD Zac that always helps so much

thankyou <3

*Im mainly interested in vids which is why I posted this here but I think I'll post it in the ask a question thread too because that's more appropriate*

Oh and more fitting;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBmvzXkr2I0&feature=related

I need critique, on this match. I played a set with a very good MK, 2 sets actually, Winners Finals and Grand Finals.
I won, and the playstyle I adopted for playing him worked really well and he fell into the traps and generally didn't do the things he did in the match I linked.
Coz In the match I linked I got destroyed and he played different to the other games.
I really need help
How do I deal with MK when he plays like that
What did I do wrong and what would work better vs MK like that?
You can watch the other vid in Suggestions; Splice vs Earl Game 1 on Battlefield where I win to see the difference in his playstyle

Gimme all you got :)

Splice

Smash Hero
Thankyou Ruuku those matches will defs help <3

Of course anything anyone else has, please contribute too!

I'm off for tonight but downloading those vids
Thankyou very much Ruuku
I appreciate it heaps

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Awesome videos Ruuku!

I'll be sure to use those for the Wario match-up discussion.

On a separate note, does anyone have any good videos for the G&W vs Falco MU?

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
I think the ZSS mu is awful. No one knows the mu at all. I think we should strike smashville as a starter. They seem to be real comfortable on that map. Overall try starting neutrals on bf.

:phone:

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USPi9OlQSB4

Can this be intressting? Ill try it on Wolf later with a friend bc Wolf have a long animation roll when he cant shield or move.

I would say this (If its working) will be like DKs GFSC but for G&W OoT
LOL Makke, I was experimenting something very similar but I'm not 100% sure it's legit. And getting a ground footstool is another story.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
It's not legit.

Between the first dair and the second dair, the "Consecutive Hit" count resets, meaning it's not a true combo.

Also, I believe all other characters can escape footstool > dair (using shield). Wario is the exception (could be wrong here).

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Well G&W is a character that have trouble punishing very safe players, so it's not a big deal imo.

Top Bottom