• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread

Splice

Smash Hero
So this is the Doubles grand finals, Second set as we are coming from losers. Both sets went down to game 5. This is the entirety of the second (therefore final) set.
Earl/Splice vs Tibs/Attila Set 2 X____X

Im pretty sure we lost that last game due to an absolutely ******** plan by me on my last stock too. :C
So close, so gay :p

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@Splice, in the first set of the video, you need to UpB more and throw bananas off. Snake Diddy is hard (gnes razer name search) so you gotta spam them safe approaches. Focus on keeping one of either snake or diddy separated, either by uair them over and over or forcing them near a ledge with bair.

Splice

Smash Hero
UpB more, that's probably true.

I try to throw bananas off though if i get the chance, mainly because my teammate doesnt deal with items very well.

I will try to use Uair more in doubles.
I thought I was forcing them to ledge with Bair a bit...

Anyway, the main reason I posted this wasn't actually for critique, thanks heaps though, always appreciated.

I posted it because

This is the second time I have placed 2nd in doubles at a Major
This is the second time I have played 2 Grand Final sets against this team, both sets going down to the last game, only to lose after 10 games with the last game being super close. This time it was just silly though, Game 5 is the sad one :(

repeatedly placing 2nd is traumatizing, lol.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ok... that was unnecessary...

I wonder if dthrow to uair and so on is a true combo, meh, impossible to setup tho.
D-throw U-air can be a legitimate techchase on some techrolls. But it's obnoxiously difficult. Probably can work on taller people who tech in place as well, or possibly on some fatter characters who you have 11+ frame adv on, but either way it's obnoxiously hard to execute.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I wasnt forcing a glidetoss. At least in this match... Kyle just realized that turnip camping was working on me better it probably should have (I usually dont have problems with projectile spam... but uh this time i was so...)

But I learned a lot from this set

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
You are correct, I noticed that earlier. That was the only time i did it though, If you noticed the other times I grabbed the turnips I did attempt to pressure her shield with them.

But yeah you're right I made a mistake, I'll put more thought into that next time it wasn't worth the risk

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I don't think it should be banned in doubles because the partner can save him. It would be an amazing way to create a 2v1 situation.

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
That video was garbage and should never have been uploaded in the first place lmao
pro opponents btw

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Glide attack clashes with everything, so a multihit move of any sort will beat it. Nair, uair and bair will beat out glide attack easily, but sometimes fair is just too fast for MKs to react to.

Top Bottom