• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City #6 RESULTS

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
sounds good i'll put it in my sig so i don't forget next time we're both at a tourney

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Freedom of speech is a right, not a privilege, bro. You also have the right not to read my posts/ignore me.

What? I stated that it doesn't make MK broken. What are you disagreeing with? lol

Planking actually wasn't started in Melee.... ledgehopping repeatedly as a mindgame was, but doing so for minutes on end would result in death for the ledgehopper if his opponent wasn't terrible.
M2K didn't even stall on SmashVille, IDK why you even mentioned that.

Cool story, bro.

Your font is annoying me. :V You can choose not to read my posts if you don't wish to. I'd personally rather not have a bunch of scrubby whiny players playing Melee, and the respectable Brawl players won't stop playing Brawl unless its fanbase is a lot lower than Melee's, so that's clearly not my aim. just stop whining.

Ally's join date is 2008. /discussion.
Dawg the main thing I think is that you're sitting here bad mouthing the game. You don't play it like we do, show up to events like we do and you weren't here, posting all this mess and you weren't hear like you know what went down first hand, you don't. People don't wanna hear it, you got nothing better to do with your time then post somewhere you ain't wanted? Feeling hard on the internet? C'mon son, keep it moving.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Awesome.

I've also heard you're not that strong or bad. Quite the contrary actually, I hear that you're extremely weak and not bad in the least bit. Thus making you Weak_Good.

Discuss.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Seriously, if you throw out Melee comments and stuff like "if you don't like it play this game" how can you not expect to get backlash? This is a Brawl thread, it's okay to write your opinion but you gotta expect that kinda backlash.

All these comments are going back and forth like "wahh *snide comment*" and then "wahhhh I got a better snide comment".

RUHLAX pplz.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Dawg the main thing I think is that you're sitting here bad mouthing the game. You don't play it like we do, show up to events like we do and you weren't here, posting all this mess and you weren't hear like you know what went down first hand, you don't. People don't wanna hear it, you got nothing better to do with your time then post somewhere you ain't wanted? Feeling hard on the internet? C'mon son, keep it moving.
<3 Phil

I love you man.

no homo.

he did have a good point but my issue is that we do not need bashing of a game. We are/should be over that.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
posting all this mess and you weren't hear like you know what went down first hand, you don't.
english please.

crismas, I never at any time stated that they should play Melee. I stated that they should find a game that they can play competitively without complaining about "gay," stuff (and having double standards, at that) and banning **** everywhere, which is my opinion and nothing more.
I haven't bashed Brawl since like my first post, where I stated that I disliked it because blahblah. Since then, I've simply made points about its community and the way it handles/reacts to things.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well thats why I am a TO and they are not cause they are dumb. I/Chibo/other TOs know what is good and bad about the game. We do not usually ban unless its game breaking.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Freedom of speech is a right, not a privilege, bro. You also have the right not to read my posts/ignore me.

What? I stated that it doesn't make MK broken. What are you disagreeing with? lol

Planking actually wasn't started in Melee.... ledgehopping repeatedly as a mindgame was, but doing so for minutes on end would result in death for the ledgehopper if his opponent wasn't terrible.
M2K didn't even stall on SmashVille, IDK why you even mentioned that.

Cool story, bro.

Your font is annoying me. :V You can choose not to read my posts if you don't wish to. I'd personally rather not have a bunch of scrubby whiny players playing Melee, and the respectable Brawl players won't stop playing Brawl unless its fanbase is a lot lower than Melee's, so that's clearly not my aim. just stop whining.

Ally's join date is 2008. /discussion.
I play Brawlz

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
If he doesn't like what happened, he can pick a better character or play a different game.
If the community is really going to put even more restrictions on this game, then why don't they play a game that isn't so broken to begin with >_>
It's the manner in which you ended your argument. You had valid points but killed it by placing the obligatory "go play something else" which can imply Melee since we're in a smash community. You place your observations but in a manner that didn't help or progress anything instead it fueled everyone to counter you and assume that you're nothing but some Melee head trying to tell Brawl heads that they suck. It's not helpful =/ s'all I'm saying.

I'm off to play some more KH :D

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
It's the manner in which you ended your argument. You had valid points but killed it by placing the obligatory "go play something else" which can imply Melee since we're in a smash community. You place your observations but in a manner that didn't help or progress anything instead it fueled everyone to counter you and assume that you're nothing but some Melee head trying to tell Brawl heads that they suck. It's not helpful =/ s'all I'm saying.

GF RAPPPEEE

but seriously

As i said before...your ideas are fine but like most people in the community you fail in the tone and way you say things

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
guilty gear/blazblue/kof/....tekken?/etc. are all better fighting games tahn brawl imo
melee isn't the greatest fighting game of all time, but it is a good game and has one of the best communities of any game, which is why i play it.

crismas & alex strife are pretty legit.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
blazblue/kof/....tekken?/etc. are all better fighting games tahn brawl imo
melee isn't the greatest fighting game of all time, but it is a good game and has one of the best communities of any game, which is why i play it.
You forgot Guilty Gear, which easily tramples over every fighting game.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
You forgot Guilty Gear, which easily tramples over every fighting game.

**** GG 3rd strike is better.

btw the new KOF kinda sucks vs kof 11 my favorite.

Bottom line no bashing no comparing there are other threads for that serious note.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
GF RAPPPEEE

but seriously

As i said before...your ideas are fine but like most people in the community you fail in the tone and way you say things
People just need to grow backbones then.

His posts were clear, concise, and although people didn't want to hear an alternative...he pointed them out, and they were REALISTIC. Sugar coating things is overrated, and just because a group of people would like him to sugar coat his posts, it doesn't mean he has to in order to receive any sort of hollow approval that you people will give him for it lol. There are people around here that can read someone's posts, look past the small details that set others off, and understand what they mean without getting all bent out of shape about it. I am one of those people. =P

Vinnie

Smash Master
Ally.

If you win, people make fun of you for taking money from a girl.
If you lose, people make fun of you for losing to a girl.

Lose-lose situation.

lol jk

Crismas the sticker you gave me at snes is all worn out :/ I gotsta buy another one next time I see you!

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Alex, I'm not going to lie. 3rd Strike is pretty sick. (2nd favorite fighter tbh) Though I've never played it at a high level. (Just know a few combo's and exploits Kara-canceling) I feel that Guilty Gear has more depth and provides more variety at the highest level of play.

I was playing Guilty Gear today and Slayer is still broken, I can still do 50-60% combos that only take about 25% tension and 7-hits!

Get at mah Slayer!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ally I'll mm your falcon if I am ever at a tournament that you are at. which probably won't happen, but, yeah.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Stalling? yes or no

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1OztKYId64M&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1OztKYId64M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It doesn't matter since the tourneys over, but what do ppl think?
In this match, no.

Keitaro

I actually stopped reading your posts a while ago but you kept posting so I read lil bits where you would say "don't like the gay in the game then stop playing the gay game, play Melee" and it was annoying me. Upon reading your recent stuff it's a lil better but I'm having trouble getting at what you're trying to accomplish besides the fact I never heard of you.

I would understand if you posting like other talking about banning characters/tactics but saying to not play it is not what people are going to choose so it made your posts imo look meaningless and annoying.

I just don't like meaningless bashing of either Melee or Brawl unless it's jokingly.

Sorry if my font annoys you, I like to be different :p

Keitaro your GIF seems sooo much faster today.
My gif is ******** and depending on what browser you're on it can go really slow, normal, or really fast.

I prefer really slow :D

Eagerly waiting for tekken 6...
So am I :bee:

Keitaro

Agreed. M2k played very smart in that match.

Keitaro, your gif srsly does look mad fast today, much faster then usual and I just checked in all my browsers :O
****, that's weird. I'll have a new sig soon to replace it within a week anyway.

I'll still be Keitaro Timing someone, just not Jman. I got multiple people on video that I have done it to so I gotta choose which one to use.

Chen Li Cha

Smash Journeyman
You never heard of Strong bad? Are you serious, the dudes famous! He went to that tourney in madagascar, came in third I think.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
guilty gear/blazblue/kof/....tekken?/etc. are all better fighting games tahn brawl imo

crismas & alex strife are pretty legit.
doesn't blazeblue have banned characters?
and if we banned mk and ic's infinite... this entire argument would have been null and void... i mean if you want us to just take the easy route and and do that... ok lolz

Top Bottom