• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City #6 RESULTS

Vinnie

Smash Master
No, Mew2King is just gonna LET Meep grab him.

>_>

This is somewhat off-topic, but I have been thnking about this for a while...

For the G&W-Peach matchup, if the G&W were to catch the Peach's parasol with a Uair, and the G&W doesn't stop Uairing the Peach, is that considered stalling? The Peach can choose to die...

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
We should all go back to playing Melee for a while...
see how that works out xP

Or we can go play BlazBlue?!!
Huh, anybody?

meepxzero

Smash Master
lol no one likes reading what i said.

THIS IS NOT THE MATCH IN QUESTIONING!!!! LOSERS FINAL IS WHERE HE DID IT FOR 8 MINUTES! HE ***** ME HERE BECAUSE I DIDNT BLIZZARD CAMP.

The match up never got recorded because people are gonna jump on the bandwagon of banning mk again when he isnt even ban worthy besides the fact he can stall an entire game.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I understand meep. But if he did that against another MK that would'nt be stalling, considering MK performs well on stage and off-stage, but should there be characters specific rules because of some character's flaws?

No camping against IC because their character cannot perform offstage?

Kind of just playing devil's advocate :)

meepxzero

Smash Master
My only arguement is if this was frowned upon on melee (jigglypuff pounding under the stage or peach bombing under the stage). Why is this encouraged in brawl when we have more rule restrictions than melee? If theres no enforcement to extreme stalling like this than we might as well all play snake and mk.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
17: <3 Texas (Chaos Marth + ***** Bobby)

49: ***** Bobby

My Joke...
It lives on :D

<3 Arrancar, though most people probably know him as Bobby or ***** Bobby by now >.>

SOVAman

Smash Hero
lol no one likes reading what i said.

THIS IS NOT THE MATCH IN QUESTIONING!!!! LOSERS FINAL IS WHERE HE DID IT FOR 8 MINUTES! HE ***** ME HERE BECAUSE I DIDNT BLIZZARD CAMP.

The match up never got recorded because people are gonna jump on the bandwagon of banning mk again when he isnt even ban worthy besides the fact he can stall an entire game.
I think you need bigger font

OverLade

Smash Hero
This thread is depressing. I feel bad for Meep, but seriously, ICs can kill anyone from 0% from one grab. I think that flying under the stage is stalling, and just as bad as planking. But I think the brawl ruleset should just evolved as things like this happen. Ban and limit stuff if it's a problem.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
My only arguement is if this was frowned upon on melee (jigglypuff pounding under the stage or peach bombing under the stage). Why is this encouraged in brawl when we have more rule restrictions than melee? If theres no enforcement to extreme stalling like this than we might as well all play snake and mk.
There was no enforcement because you didn't alert any of the TOs to come and watch the match. That's where the problem is, and it's been said multiple times in the thread. This is also why I'm against things like judges rules and things that don't have hard evidence or settings in the game.

Vinnie

Smash Master
did everyone saying ICs kill you with one grab miss the fact that meep grabbed m2k and he still got 3 stocked?
In that video, if that's what you're talking about, he got grabbed in an extremely situational position (end of the platform on SV where it's offstage). Most of the time it's a 0-death.

never mind, where did m2k get grabbed?

KageMurphy

Smash Master
This argument is played out, shut up with all the crying and c0ck riding.

Now for important issues, who's got them pics we took at the end?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
This thread is depressing. I feel bad for Meep, but seriously, ICs can kill anyone from 0% from one grab. I think that flying under the stage is stalling, and just as bad as planking. But I think the brawl ruleset should just evolved as things like this happen. Ban and limit stuff if it's a problem.

rising pound
gliding under stage.

sounds the same to me XD

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Stalling? yes or no

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1OztKYId64M&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1OztKYId64M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It doesn't matter since the tourneys over, but what do ppl think?
This is obviously not the match people are referring to chibo. This is from winners. Losers finals wasn't recorded. people already stated that multiple times...

Anyway the issue wasn't about playing gay. who cares if you play gay...it's brawl. The issue was pretty much the brawl equivalent of jiggs rising pound in melee being done the entire match aka stalling. It went to time and wasn't recorded. I see a lot of people talking who weren't even there...lol

m2k, stop playing victim lol. its not even about you personally. you did what you had to do to win. gg. it's more about making it known so the community can take a stance on it

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
This is obviously not the match people are referring to chibo. This is from winners. Losers finals wasn't recorded

Anyway the issue wasn't about playing gay. who cares if you play gay...it's brawl. The issue was pretty much the brawl equivalent of jiggs rising pound in melee being done the entire match aka stalling. It went to time and wasn't recorded. I see a lot of people talking who weren't even there...lol

m2k, stop playing victim lol. its not even about you personally. you did what you had to do to win. gg. it's more about making it known so the community can take a stance on it

m2k cannot stop why bother.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The problem with comparing Rising Pound/Peach Bombing to gliding under the stage is that the former tactics broke the balance between offensive and defensive playstyles. And just kinda were stupid, and like every player agreed, since every player enjoyed the offensive playstyle of Melee and as such no one really abused those tactics, except for in teams while waiting for their teammate to respawn. Gliding under the stage? Just another defensive tactic for the slow hit & run game that is competitive Brawl. Meep should have shot ice blocks or something at Mew2King, or else accepted his character's flaws and M2K's character's strengths, and M2K's ability with MK to exploit IC's weaknesses. If he doesn't like what happened, he can pick a better character or play a different game.
If the community is really going to put even more restrictions on this game, then why don't they play a game that isn't so broken to begin with >_>

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
The problem with comparing Rising Pound/Peach Bombing to gliding under the stage is that the former tactics broke the balance between offensive and defensive playstyles. And just kinda were stupid, and like every player agreed, since every player enjoyed the offensive playstyle of Melee and as such no one really abused those tactics, except for in teams while waiting for their teammate to respawn. Gliding under the stage? Just another defensive tactic for the slow hit & run game that is competitive Brawl. Meep should have shot ice blocks or something at Mew2King, or else accepted his character's flaws and M2K's character's strengths, and M2K's ability with MK to exploit IC's weaknesses. If he doesn't like what happened, he can pick a better character or play a different game.
If the community is really going to put even more restrictions on this game, then why don't they play a game that isn't so broken to begin with >_>
orrr

you cannot post XD

some games are different. In halo 2 it was very offensive/player based while halo 3 is teamed base. I understand you are trying to still bash brawl cause obviously we get that YOU do not like it. The people that came to this tournament enjoy it enough to enter. Why not let THEM argue with it and you can go back to watching melee vids or talking about IKM3 or something close to that. I love both games and enjoy how they play and been around MANY years but I can accept games as what they are. Last time stop being a tool/follower and just not post in a thread about a tournament you did not even attend.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
Why prevent the vids from coming out if you think there needs to be a rule change

ANTi_

Smash Hero
NOW THAT THAT SUBJECT IS DROPPED

Where them pics at JG?

HOLLA @ ME

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Strong bad should stop posting because there's no difference between stalling with rising pound the entire match and gliding under the stage the entire match

meep. see? you shoulda recorded it

edit: ma dood JG. wurr them matches atttttt

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
lol, wrong video ****heads

Love how people are attempting to partake in the argument without knowing the full details.

But yes, judging from the video provided, no, M2K did not stall... but only because Meep got impatient and attempted to fight MK off stage second stock (i lol'ed.) If Meep had literally stood in the middle of the stage, I bet a gay MK would have d-air camped and nado back to the platform to d-air camp again. And this is in fact a legitimate strategy. Which brings up another point: maybe SV should have been stage striked/banned? MK does have stages that advantageous/disadvantageous contrary to scrubbish beliefs. An MK can't platform camp YS as well as SV. And with the ledge grab rule in tact, too much planking (which I know Meep can handle anyway) would result in disqualification.

Perhaps the only proper way to beat IC's would be perfect spacing and little mistakes. At least as MK. Personally, I think the MU is even since MK has decent camping strategies already. With that said, I notice how certain people never attempt to learn secondaries. There are certain characters that have a decent MU against ICs you know. You all cry of how ICs are gay, how ICs force MK to play gay, and then cry that MK is broken all over again.

Clearly, if MK has to resort to stalling to win (not referring to M2K, but to play the MU well in general,) the MU isn't exactly in his favor under fair circumstances. ****ing switch characters then and stop crying.

The rules and characteristics of this game allow us to prevent such methods already. WTF DO YOU THINK COUNTERPICKING IS? It reminds of me when Mango entered the Melee scene to **** high tiers with Jigglypuff. Did anyone see that coming? And yet, Jiggy is in fact an effective counter to fast-fallers in that game. It took five/six years to realize that? Transferred onto Brawl, why do people complain about D3's CG? It doesn't affect all characters. I don't complain as a Samus main... I switch pokemon. I'm not going to fight when their attacks are SUPER EFFECTIVE.

TBH, I find it Meep's fault for allowing SV a playable stage. I find it M2K's fault for relying on MK too much when everyone knows he has the skills to master another character probably. If he is playing to win, wouldn't he want to learn characters to make all potential MUs in his favor? Hell, I bet he'd be the most fearsome Brawl player in history if Ally taught him Snake. ****, B-tier Lucario has a better MU against ICs than MK. The roster is there, the tools exist.

This thread just shows the brawl community is a bunch of wusses and crybabies to me.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
*yawns* obviously you have not seen the babies of melee crying over Mute City and CPs in Atlantic North. Thats sad cause a lot of the people complaining do not change characters either.

You are right though it is m2k's fault for not learning other characters. This game has that ability to learn other characters.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Strong bad should stop posting because there's no difference between stalling with rising pound the entire match and gliding under the stage the entire match
There is a difference. While I could see that travelling under the stage constantly could potentially be stalling, that doesnt necessarily make it stalling if hes just taking advantage of the platforms time offstage. Not anymore then platform camping anywhere else. Stalling is a strategy, thats why its so hard to pinpoint.

Characters can still engage MK offstage. Some characters just suck at it. I can think of several characters (S and A tier included) who could handle the situation better then ICs.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
orrr

you cannot post XD

some games are different. In halo 2 it was very offensive/player based while halo 3 is teamed base. I understand you are trying to still bash brawl cause obviously we get that YOU do not like it. The people that came to this tournament enjoy it enough to enter. Why not let THEM argue with it and you can go back to watching melee vids or talking about IKM3 or something close to that. I love both games and enjoy how they play and been around MANY years but I can accept games as what they are. Last time stop being a tool/follower and just not post in a thread about a tournament you did not even attend.
LOL wow those first two lines (and the rest of your post) didn't refute any of the points I made. How about instead of just telling people not to post in your topic (seeing as you aren't a moderator) you actually argue some points, rather than making personal attacks on different people simply because they disagree and you can't bother to properly reply?

I'm arguing it because I'm irritated that every time someone plays this game in a "gay," manner (which is quite the double standard, as the entire idea of competitive IC playstyle and how Meep 0-death'd M2K with grabs each stock is in and of itself "gay"), someone whines and complains and tries to ban ****. It makes the Brawl community look scrubby, and that in turn makes the entire Smash community scrubby (since outsiders don't know about the huge difference in the two communities within the Smash community), which gives us a bad image because your community can neither play your game correctly without banning a ton of **** or realize that your game is "gay," and as such switch to a different one. You already have two or three restrictive rules set in place specifically because of one character, and now some people are trying to make another rule that would probably be nigh-impossible to enforce legitimately. This doesn't mean the character is broken, this means that the game is broken.

oooh ****. last time..... I might get banned from uh Mr. Green Text. I'm not being a tool or a follower, I was the first person in here to properly argue against the whining. Are you saying that people can't post in the Genesis/Rom/Pound4 results threads if they didn't/don't attend them, granted that they do not break forum rules and stay on topic?
*yawns* obviously you have not seen the babies of melee crying over Mute City and CPs in Atlantic North. Thats sad cause a lot of the people complaining do not change characters either.
To be fair, the amount of randomness of a lot of Melee CP's are much greater and can skew match-ups much more than most CP's in Brawl. The Melee stage list stuff was actually brought up in the MBR and was voted on; this is just whining.

LOL @ rising pound & gliding under the stage being the same. Rising pound stays in the same place in an unreachable place, while gliding under the stage has obvious limitations and can be punished by some characters or is self-punishing due to the already imposed ledge-grab rule.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
My issue is that you do not play this game and this borderlines trolling so my thing is if you get irritated why post in a thread or read a thread that is not even in your state?

SRK is the only people who thinks smash is scrubby and they are a bunch of pot head elites that second being perps and hoods for the most part. MLG loves smash and thats more important than srk they are nothing in the GRAND scheme of things lol

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
LOL wow those first two lines (and the rest of your post) didn't refute any of the points I made. How about instead of just telling people not to post in your topic (seeing as you aren't a moderator) you actually argue some points, rather than making personal attacks on different people simply because they disagree and you can't bother to properly reply?
Don't post if you don't play the game. I respect your decision not to play Brawl competitively, but that also means you lose your privilege to argue about its gameplay.

I'm arguing it because I'm irritated that every time someone plays this game in a "gay," manner (which is quite the double standard, as the entire idea of competitive IC playstyle and how Meep 0-death'd M2K with grabs each stock is in and of itself "gay"), someone whines and complains and tries to ban ****. It makes the Brawl community look scrubby, and that in turn makes the entire Smash community scrubby (since outsiders don't know about the huge difference in the two communities within the Smash community), which gives us a bad image because your community can neither play your game correctly without banning a ton of **** or realize that your game is "gay," and as such switch to a different one. You already have two or three restrictive rules set in place specifically because of one character, and now some people are trying to make another rule that would probably be nigh-impossible to enforce legitimately. This doesn't mean the character is broken, this means that the game is broken.
I slightly agree with you as far as the community reputation goes. But honestly, again you show your lack of understanding of Brawl. Only the scrubs continue to think MK is broken. Being a high tier character doesn't mean a character is broken. Having broken MUs doesn't mean the game is broken. Again, you don't play Brawl so kindly GTFO.

LOL @ rising pound & gliding under the stage being the same. Rising pound stays in the same place in an unreachable place, while gliding under the stage has obvious limitations and can be punished by some characters or is self-punishing due to the already imposed ledge-grab rule.
Gliding with MK is severely different from gliding with Pit. And MK can certainly get away with stalling on SV without getting punished, no matter the MU. As far as planking goes, even if invincibility frames are longer in this game, they still fade. Certain characters do have answers to planking anyway. You act as if planking wasn't started in Melee either...

In conclusion... you have no right, and no idea for that matter. Your posts for the most part represent that. Stop while you're behind.

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
My issue is that you do not play this game and this borderlines trolling so my thing is if you get irritated why post in a thread or read a thread that is not even in your state?

SRK is the only people who thinks smash is scrubby and they are a bunch of pot head elites that second being perps and hoods for the most part. MLG loves smash and thats more important than srk they are nothing in the GRAND scheme of things lol
Not All of SRK thinks Smash is scrubby... It's just the fact that the ney sayers suck at techniques not involving quarter circle forward or back (charge) forward.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Oh that wasn't the match in question? I see Meep.

Strong Bad's posts are annoying me. You're not going to get people to switch from Brawl to the out dated game although its more competitive. If that's what you're attempting to do then please stop trying.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Wow people...stop being dense. Strong_Bad isn't trying to convert people over to the other game, he's trying to tell you all to come to the realization of how gay Brawl can be without becoming ban-happy about everything. There IS a difference, and I respect his message.

Also, you don't have to play Brawl in order to post about its gameplay or to post in any Brawl topics. Where the **** does it say that in the rules? Stop being so **** defensive and learn to read a person's posts more clearly.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Oh that wasn't the match in question? I see Meep.

Strong Bad's posts are annoying me. You're not going to get people to switch from Brawl to the out dated game although its more competitive. If that's what you're attempting to do then please stop trying.

his join date is 2008 too lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Don't post if you don't play the game. I respect your decision not to play Brawl competitively, but that also means you lose your privilege to argue about its gameplay.
Freedom of speech is a right, not a privilege, bro. You also have the right not to read my posts/ignore me.
I slightly agree with you as far as the community reputation goes. But honestly, again you show your lack of understanding of Brawl. Only the scrubs continue to think MK is broken. Being a high tier character doesn't mean a character is broken. Having broken MUs doesn't mean the game is broken. Again, you don't play Brawl so kindly GTFO.
What? I stated that it doesn't make MK broken. What are you disagreeing with? lol
Gliding with MK is severely different from gliding with Pit. And MK can certainly get away with stalling on SV without getting punished, no matter the MU. As far as planking goes, even if invincibility frames are longer in this game, they still fade. Certain characters do have answers to planking anyway. You act as if planking wasn't started in Melee either...
Planking actually wasn't started in Melee.... ledgehopping repeatedly as a mindgame was, but doing so for minutes on end would result in death for the ledgehopper if his opponent wasn't terrible.
M2K didn't even stall on SmashVille, IDK why you even mentioned that.
In conclusion... you have no right, and no idea for that matter. Your posts for the most part represent that. Stop while you're behind.
Cool story, bro.

Your font is annoying me. :V You can choose not to read my posts if you don't wish to. I'd personally rather not have a bunch of scrubby whiny players playing Melee, and the respectable Brawl players won't stop playing Brawl unless its fanbase is a lot lower than Melee's, so that's clearly not my aim. just stop whining.
his join date is 2008 too lol
Ally's join date is 2008. /discussion.

Top Bottom