• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VOTING PHASE #8 ON TOP 5'S!!!- A Player List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
well who do u suggest getting rid of to put on both px and dmg? im not a wario expert so idk really.

and i mean...you cant just say "well roy is pretty good, put him in over kadaj"...u gotta back it up. like I said kadaj beat lain at pound 4 for example, so what has roy actually done lately?
Malcom or Fiction. IIRC Fiction plays IC's/MK now not Wario anyways.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
was not aware...see, shows how much I know of the wario metagame :p

alright...so strike fiction, and i've got the perfect list.

oh, and nobody really cares about anyone below a tier right? lets just forget about them and close the topic since we've got things all sorted out

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
is this necassary? lots of bias will happen
Bias happens everywhere.

This is fine as long as it doesn't turn into a flame war. Everyone's being civil as of now and it sparks competitiveness anyways so it's fine.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
this thread actually does serve a purpose, it helps new players find out good videos to watch to learn from the best, which dmg's thread has been failing to do lately...also its great for namesearch bait...right sliq?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
In no order Wolf:
Seagull- Md/Va
Jumpman- Texas
Kain- Illinois
Choice-Norcal
JJwolf- NE
Xzax-PA
Camaman-Socal
Atomsk- Nj

These like the only Wolfs placing. Atomsk also doesn't really use Wolf anymore.
is this necassary? lots of bias will happen
Yeah, it's gonna be stupid if I just listed 5 Wolfs so I just listed the ones that place these days. I don't care for if I'm not included in top 5 either way cause it's gonna be region bias no matter what anyone says. Above is where they are and here comes the idiocy.

Zucco

Smash Master
nl is still 3rd best diddy....lol
I agree with this.

edit: people you can add imo.

PGN(Vinnie) G&W

PatG ZSS

also whats with the 8 ikes on the front page. ITS IKE! needs to be trimmed down a bit imo.

Atomsk's wolf is still probably better than half the wolfs you listed though, honestly.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
OK wtf is up with the peach line up, fix that ****. D. peach is far from best peach let alone, shouldn't even be on this list lmao and definately doesn't deserve it for all the *****ing and whinning he does when he loses in tournies... All and all u guys need to get ur peach listings fixed and start watching other peach players than the ones u hear on boards all the time :D

_Kain_

Smash Champion
OK wtf is up with the peach line up, fix that ****. D. peach is far from best peach let alone, shouldn't even be on this list lmao and definately doesn't deserve it for all the *****ing and whinning he does when he loses in tournies... All and all u guys need to get ur peach listings fixed and start watching other peach players than the ones u hear on boards all the time :D
Instead of jus saying ur opinion of who u think shud b up there u had to go n talk **** about a player lol....

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
woops sry next time ill be nice and say that list needs to get that **** fixed :p but honestly tho he doesn't deserve that. prime example is when a random scrub from OOS comes and plays him and he loses...wtf GTFO and sry dark i don't mean to be mean but i do mean to be honest.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
And the drama begins. Instead of jus saying ur opinion of who u think shud b up there u had to go n talk **** about a player lol....
Hey Kain <3 lets agree you're best Wolf at the moment to avoid unnecessary stupidity and drama =P.

Followed by Jumpman, Choice, JJ, and me or Xzax.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
woops sry next time ill be nice and say that list needs to get that **** fixed :p but honestly tho he doesn't deserve that. prime example is when a random scrub from OOS comes and plays him and he loses...wtf GTFO and sry dark i don't mean to be mean but i do mean to be honest.
This is unwarranted and unacceptable. If you want to talk trash about a player then go do it somewhere else, I don't want this turning into smack or whatever. If you wan't to present an actual arguement then fine, but insulting someone is uncalled for.

Furthermore, I don't personally know the best players of every single character, thats why this thread is open to suggestion. If in the end some of the players on the list are just not as good as the others then they will be edited out, but I plan on voting and casting for each character, so that any person looking to examine any characters players can find them. That being said, we will get to peach soon enough. Until then, I'm going to work through the high tier characters and then the characters that appear more popular.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Jash, Chip, Hyrulian Royalty, Jerm, Quivo

for TL

gallax

Smash Hero
since ive got to play ally, ultimate razer, hrnut, and candy(all but candy within the last 3 months) heres my list:

ally, ultimate razer, hrnut, candy, fatal/infern

ally is unanimous i would think. the reason that razer beats out hrnut for second is because i think razer understands more matchups and how to handle campier characters than hrnut would. razer barely beats hrnut though. now hrnut beats out candy because hrnut doesnt need to camp to win. not to say that camping is bad. im the campiest snake in florida. but hrnut understands and knows how to read and adapt better than candy. candy is extremely smart and has so much talent at manipulating his opponents though with his nades and c4s that he would be my number 4.

as for fatal/infern. thats just off of watching their vids and tourney results. its a toss up to me.

MetaKnight:

Mew2King
KSizzle
Judge
Kaos
Korn

Snake:

Ally
Ultimate Razer
Fatal
Candy
Calzorz

In those orders.

etecoon

Smash Hero
snake

1. ally
2. ultimaterazer
3/4. fatal/candy
5. hrnut

MK

1. M2K
2-5. shadow, ksizzle, tyrant, dojo

MK is really too hard to rank atm, prolly like 8 to 10 MK mains that are as noteworthy as any other characters top 5

Master Raven

Smash Master
MK:
Mew2King
Dojo
Shadow
Tyrant
Havok

Snake:
Ally
Ultimate Razer
Hrnut
Fatal
Candy

No order for either of these

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Definitely...

M2K for MK
Ally for Snake
Warp Status for ZSS (how is this not up there yet?)
Chip for Toon Link
t0mmy for ROB
ADHD for Diddy
DEHF for Falco
Sagemoon for Pit
Valdens for G&W

Crow!

Smash Lord
Hey guys,

Sorry to be a spoil sport, but there's an objective way to get answers for this.

http://www.msu.edu/~worhatch/brawlpics/6MonthsFebruary.zip

Results are how many points each player earned with each character using Ankoku's ranking methods in the past 6 months. Differnent spellings or capitalizations for the same names must be merged in the data, though.

Also, Xyro's low tier project has this sort of ranking already going on for the low tier characters, so try not to wind up doing that part of the project twice.

Kith

Smash Ace
Hey guys,

Sorry to be a spoil sport, but there's an objective way to get answers for this.

Results are how many points each player earned with each character using Ankoku's ranking methods in the past 6 months. Differnent spellings or capitalizations for the same names must be merged in the data, though.

Also, Xyro's low tier project has this sort of ranking already going on for the low tier characters, so try not to wind up doing that part of the project twice.
This does show tournament placing data, but it doesn't take into account the relative skill of brawl players in the region. I understand that Ankoku's data is useful, and is really the only objective way to decide who are the better players, but I kind of like the fact that there's a way for people to vote on who they believe are the better players, based on their own experiences.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys,

Ok. As far as the points system I appreciate this but i do think this list is still going to be useful for newer players, or players looking to start new characters. I'm not doing this as a power ranking in terms of 'so and so beats so and so' but more so as a form of inspiration for new individuals.

Considering xyros project, if that is that case I will make sure not to spend too much time on that. For the most part i will try to take care of mid-high tiers, and low tier, if xyro is indeed doing it, can be his to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom