• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VSA Tampa: schedule for tomorow

OverLade

Smash Hero
Well **** you guys, I'll be here, Mampam, Nick Riddle, Seibrik, Chaz, and Shaky will be here. Brawl will be epic, and if they don't come, then attendance will still be at least 20 or w/e and I'll have fun.

This is why I don't even bother repping tampa or having any pride in it...

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
but i would be coming only for melee and by the looks of it theres not gonna be a melee tournament

im just insanely pissed off the only tournament weve had in an entire year and it turns out melee might as well not happen because of how few people will be there for melee

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
if i didnt pre-reg and i wasnt housing over 9000 people then i would love to but i cant out on people now its just not in my nature but keepspeedn smashmac AND dashizwiz i mean thats too good to pass up

i want my money back so badly this tourney seems to be another fail for the tampa melee scene

EDIT:i just counted through the last 8 pages and the result

there aint gonna be a melee tournament theres like 5 melee players going and like mayyyyyybe 25 brawlers thats assuming 3 come from orlando and 3 come from south florida and 3 come in veggis car and the rest are randoms in tampa

this isnt looking good @ all

EDIT 2: if this gets canceled then my fest will be rescheduled

EDIT 3: naples is no longer coming this is looking worse and worse

u no theres still gonna be a good amount of ppl at this....u got the whole wato crew...ppl will show up that dont post...like xyz maybe and rx maybe...jus sayin as example..jus roll wit the punches

M@v

Subarashii!
From what I've seen, expect anywhere from 40-70 people. Dont forget this is street fighter too. People are too pessimistic. This has more views and posts then my pittsburgh tourneys(which has NO BRAWL SMASH SCENE BTW), and I still got 35 ppl. And at least theres a communtiy in tampa

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
but i would be coming only for melee and by the looks of it theres not gonna be a melee tournament
jus becuz melee aint there dont mean its a flop...when i went to a torney at pensacola all they played was brawl...and i like melee more but hey what can i do....like redhal said jus go to have fun...what else u have to do...seriously go meet new ppl and have fun..u never no there might be some melee players that dont no bout the SWF thats y u should be at this

M@v

Subarashii!
Also 2 things I forgot to say before:

-even though I havent pre-regged, Im coming unless something extrenuating happens(I really need to pre-reg....its cheaper, lol)

-If you need any TO help for this, I'd be glad to help. BTW I will be bringing my recorder to this, so I can record matches/finals :)

Veggi

Smash Champion
I'm planning to bring myself and three other people, then I'm either taking two more who are going to either stay at my house or beefy's smashfest, well technically I'm not driving the last two. XD

M@v

Subarashii!
As a TO, I can say do not predict a tourney turnout just by posts/views. I've seen it with my tourneys and other people's tourneys.

M@v

Subarashii!
M@V THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT MAN TAMPA LOVES YA.....no homo

Thats a good sign...*does not even know who you are or what you look like* lol xD

well ill give it a shot i guess im just pissed as hell @ all the various things that have happened
Yeah, but there was some serious miscommunication. People know better than to host tourneys the same weekend in a close region, because **** like this happens :ohwell:

Like, I don't host a Pittsburgh tourney if theres one in Ohio the same weekend, because ohio is close to me and is an active smash scene. I'm actually closer to them than the philly scene(except when Im at college).

Lastly, RH, your mine at this ;)

I've been wanting to play you offline. I've gotten more patient since our ladder match xD. But seriously though, I want some good Mk practice at this(that includes you too seibrik if you make it). I live near New Jersey, a.k.a Mk land :/

OverLade

Smash Hero
49 people showed up to the PnT tampa tourney. I invited all of them via facebook. 16 are confirmed and around 23 are up in the air so the turnout will NOT suck. It's just a question of "how many". Many of those people may also play melee.

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Ok due to the high demand of NOOB 1, I have decided to relocate the venue as well as change the date. So those of you looking to attend this, please check out NOOB1, it will be a great Melee tournament CLICK HERE to check it out.

As far as VSA Tampa please read the thread again so there is no confusion on schedule, door fees, and registration.

New Location:
Embassy Suites Tampa USF/Busch Gardens

3705 Spectrum Boulevard
Tampa, FL 33612
(813) 977-7066

New Date:
Saturday February 27th, 2010.

Register Here

OverLade

Smash Hero
Awesome. I'll go change the times on the facebook event and the Allisbrawl page to keep people updated. Btw this is right by USF and very near my house.

M@v

Subarashii!
WTF I HAD TO CALL OFF A MONTH BEFORE THIS IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS WORK. YOU DON'T GO AND CHANGE THE DATE ONE WEEK BEFORE a TOURNEY. I'M COMPLETELY ****ED NOW. I WENT THROOUGH All THAT FOR NOTHING. DON'T EXPECT ME THERE NOW. ****. This is the worst ****ing thing you can do as a to

M@v

Subarashii!
I ****ing suck at melee. There I admitted it. Ill get dead last and there's no way Ill win a match

skrach8

Smash Lord
SO U DONT MAKE A WASTE OF A DAY come to another tournament, if you dont play melee, then i guess this message isnt catoring, im not saying it to be a ****, but to extend the invitation.

OverLade

Smash Hero
There's a brawl tourney on the 21st or w/e in Orlando. Mabye people can go to that if they set off their weekend etc.

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
No one is ever satisfied. I hope everyone can make this event, Im really working my *** of to make this happen. Not for me... But for you. All of you Smashers

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
SO U DONT MAKE A WASTE OF A DAY come to another tournament, if you dont play melee, then i guess this message isnt catoring, im not saying it to be a ****, but to extend the invitation.
I understand man. I was saying this just cause a bunch of people had this day set. No disrespect buddy. Times like these I wish I were good at both games lol.

Top Bottom