• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Alzi

Smash Master

I haven't seen X-men Origin: Wolverine Trav.

I forgot that you main Link now Marx maybe you are our low tier guy. I'd probally play Ness if i ever was in a low tier tournament.

Andeh second best? I want to see you become pro like tibs and take his place as best diddy kong in Australia. :p

Also yeah Marteh will probally beat Samuel in DDR but Samuel has been training in his spare time.

Jupz i've never seen you use a low tier character lol.

Tails.

Smash Journeyman

I haven't seen X-men Origin: Wolverine Trav.

I forgot that you main Link now Marx maybe you are our low tier guy. I'd probally play Ness if i ever was in a low tier tournament.

Andeh second best? I want to see you become pro like tibs and take his place as best diddy kong in Australia. :p

Also yeah Marteh will probally beat Samuel in DDR but Samuel has been training in his spare time.

Jupz i've never seen you use a low tier character lol.
ive always mained Link! :@

True Romance

Smash Ace
IMO next smash fest at my place we should think about putting together a Perth combo vid lol.

Um so yeah this Sunday will start at 1pm at my place. So I can either pick you up from the traino, or if you pm me saying you'd like to come I'll send you my address. PLEASE let me know if your coming so I know how many set ups will be required, do NOT just rock up :p

Alzi

Smash Master
Alzi show me to your hyperbolic time chamber so I can get more training than him!
The only way to defeat sam is go back in time. Back where you brought with you the DDR games and the two DDR mats thats when samuel first got into it and since then he has been training and all that power for him was too much now he's using it for evil things. Hmm Back to the future II is on t.v saturday.

Vlade said:
Combo vid would be cool but I'm not gonna lie, brawl combo vids are usually fairly boring and who's gonna make it?
Well one of my friends was going to make it for us but no one pm'd me a video of them and where they did the combo. No one is going to search through every video that are up now to find somthing unless it's someone with good Internet... Someone tall.. Someone with long hair...... hmm wonder who that could be. :lick:

Kane i keep telling my parents i want to go to your house but they want to force me to go to the beach with them. Does your house have aircon? They seriously think one day somthing bad will happen if i go to these smashfest like i will get ***** or attacked. I should be there though.

We are also changing internet plans. Geting 25 GB a month with ADSL 2 speed new router / Modem, Foxtel platinum IQ thats like ever channel, 2 foxtel box office movies free every month, Home phone can call to anywhere in Australia anytime for free all for just $218 a Month. I like this deal very nice.

Alzi's news to you guys:

EB Games - Get a pack of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom cards with pre-order

*Looks at trill* :laugh:

Eight lenticular art cards when you pre-order Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars at EB games. Same pre-order as Gamestop in America. Also with this news theres yet another release date..

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars is out February 4th.

I'm guessing this so far:

America: 21st of January
Australia / Europe: 4th of Febuary

If the people Bob asked at game traders were correct in saying it's been delayed to Feb 14th then thats Understandable.

A quick girl story i shall share with you young ones. I was at Whitfords shopping centre walked into game traders and a family owns that place i never knew they had a hot daughter. ;) Anyway i was looking around and she said hey to me and i said hey back and she laughed alittle so did i and she even wanted to serve me when i was buying some things there. GREAT SUCCESS.:lick: I hope my big post entertained you guys for awhile.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
A quick girl story i shall share with you young ones. I was at Whitfords shopping centre walked into game traders and a family owns that place i never knew they had a hot daughter. ;) Anyway i was looking around and she said hey to me and i said hey back and she laughed alittle so did i and she even wanted to serve me when i was buying some things there. GREAT SUCCESS.:lick: I hope my big post entertained you guys for awhile.[/size]
Dude, Alzi, hook in you horny dog.
Should have just been like 'Yo, let's hang out *****'.
Would have worked, I swear.

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
I can make the video if you want, its just I would probably be using windows movie maker. What format are the videos in?

@Alzi I've watched one or 2 very breifly, I don't watch combo videos, I think up my own **** with a few things changed around from standard techniques.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I'm more than happy to make a combo vid, I need to get a program (yay for utorrent) I think it's undoubtable I have the best computer for multimedia apart from maybe Bob's mac, but he's busy with school again so he's out the question. Still I'm not really one for looking through all videos, but if anyone remembers a vid and can give me the time I can add it.

SONY VEGAS AWAY! :p

So I just watched The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya season 2, it still makes little sense but it's addicting (Yes I watched the entirety of the Endless Eight)

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
[size=1]Also yeah Marteh will probally beat Samuel in DDR but Samuel has been training in his spare time. ]
Oooo I dont know if he will beat me now. Since getting my own DDR mat I have gotten significantly better than I was when you last saw me play. I can now complete this song

Also, I was into DDR b4 I ever even met Marteh :p I had just stopped playing it.

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
the only cool thing i can do with link is dthrow bomb and hit them with nair while they're coming upwards
That's fantastic...
-_-

I want Vlade to upload my match against Gnasch, ganon vs Link. Marty use that for me, but just cut out my epic fail death at the end. Haha.
Soo eager to see that recorded match!!
>.<

Btw, 2hours of total TP gameplay and in the forest temple. Probably could have cut off 30mins somewhere along the line.

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
you realise everyone can do that grab release if im ******** enough to recover that close to the stage?

what's stopping me from jumping off and fair/bairing you anyway?
Yeah im not stupid, I know how play snake.

And why bother doing an F-air or B-air knowing your recovery is going to let you down upon recovering back. The load up on the F-air is particually long, also the after lag from the b-air isn't as much but usually will to using the up-B. Because my recovery consists of a "V" shaped pattern judging by how you would land one of those moves would lead to you using the Up-b as recovery, wether you get back or not is how the battle is determined from there on.

Sure my recovery is ****, but upon gimping your recovery I have; gale boomerang, arrows, and bombs. Also a lot of my moves are to my advantage.

Sure this how I see things, and you see things a lot differently. Opinions differ.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Link and Snake both play projectile games. Snake's are better. Link and Snake are both heavy. Snake has a good recovery, though, and thus can make better use of it. Snake has better killing moves. Snake (though he really shouldn't) has better disjoints. I don't see how this is in Link's favour.

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
wow, you get mad easy.

lol. if it makes you happy i'll just play falcon against you since you cry about me using a high tier now.
Now you're just being stupid.
Im not getting mad, you just haven't replied with a proper opinion/arguement, at all.

And I just think its stupid that you give up on playing a low tier 'cause you're not winning and you play an S tier just so you feel all high and mighty.

You know I was joking when I kept "crying" over you using a high tier, I even said that to you the other day at the tournament.

Pete278

Smash Lord
No, its the right thing to do. I'm playing MK now as well. Read Playing to Win and stop thinking its stupid to do so.

Oh, and, reply to my post about the matchup.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
the fact is, even IF you can gimp me while im using cypher or whatever, i still have c4. i wouldnt attempt at recovering at any height that allows your boomerang/arrows to hit me unless im forced to do so. bombs are a little more flexible.

it is just my opinion. i dont think gimping snake is all as easy as you make it out to be. i also think you underrate nikita as an edgeguard tool? even if it all doesnt gimp you, it doesnt take long for utilt to kill you depending on the rate im racking damage.

you give up on playing a low tier 'cause you're not winning and you play an S tier just so you feel all high and mighty.
see this is where you're wrong. the only reason i played snake that tournament, and decided to go back into maining him was because i pulled him out in doubles and seemed to do alright. i dont think i'm all high and mighty as you say, i can be beat rather easily imo. the fact i main snake doesnt mean i wont use falcon in tourny matches.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I have read the report on it on the boards, and it is pretty much based on a) the Snake approaching and b) the Snake being bad. I'd say 45:55 in Snake's favour based on the advantages they listed, ignoring the ones that aren't irrelevant. Seriously, Snake doesn't need to approach.

Top Bottom