• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Is it your face? oh ho ho
jks <3
ZING!

If any one wants to come round mine at 1pm, I wont set the dogs on you, and we may even play some smash.

Though if you are interested let me know as I might need to acquire another set up if too many people are wanting to come.
Has a day been decided?

And can someone link me to whoever has the Weegee matches from last week?

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Check out Pete's you tube account PetesCappucino_

FYI, The director of "Shawshank Redemption" (Frank Darabont) was also involved in "The Green Mile" and more recently "The Mist"_ I think that he knows how to make a good narrative through film and has a good understanding for how Stephen King's novels and short stories all deserve to be translated into pictures_ the Shawshank Redemption is a good film but i haven't seen it for ages so couldn't make a personal comment sorry_

Pete278

Smash Lord
Remember, if you count inflation into the statistics for 'best selling movie ever', its not Titanic, its Gone with the Wind. Just to add to the 'woah Avatar may outsell Titanic'. Titanic is still up there, but its only about 7th, off memory.

Alzi

Smash Master
Bob you know so much about film and media. Next thing we hear is Bob flew to America to make a multi million dollar movie.

Mic i think the day is Sunday for Kane's smashfest.

I haven't watched Titanic yet.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Dark Knight only got as many as it did because of Heath Ledger.
I <3 you
I've never seen the movie but I'm sure it only got as much and he won an award since he died. Just opinions.

Oh and just letting everyone know my computer has carked it so I won't be on until later in the nights to play HoN and such. I'll try and fix it asap.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TcwBvM8XUIg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TcwBvM8XUIg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Ive got the guinness book of world records 2010 right here and it says dark knight is highest grossing movie on opening day and is second most-successful movie of all time, right behind titanic o.O

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
highest grossing weekend is "The Dark Night" yes_ Titanic is the highest grossing film worldwide standing at roughly 1.835 billion dollars_ Avatar is currently 1.3 billion worldwide off top of my head_ "The Dark Night" is second highest grossing film in USA but who cares about them they're not the entire world_

Also Marteh it is a grave choice judging a film without having viewed it first_ Much like believing everything IGN tells you_ For example_ I was talking to Babbs, sister's husband about Avatar_ His assumption was that 3d animation wouldn't be too crash hot, could never get it almost photrealistic, he compared the film to Star Wars and Transformers and passed it off as being bad purely through assumption_ Instead of going out to see the film in 3d they chose to hire a film called "The Ugly Truth" from a video store and highly praised it_

So i've seen both films and i can tell you that assumption is a horrible thing to do_ Some things are genuinely bad and need no proof but as for films i would leave the judgement after having viewed said film_ "The Ugly Truth" used vulgarity and pointless **** and boob jokes to make it's point, ultimately failing due to the stereotypical storyline and ending (Wow the guy bagging out women falls in love with the lead girl he is helping to score a date with? No way!?)_ It was fairly forgettable and horrendously cliche_ Gerard Butler was the only thing good about the film and it left the occasional smirk and snicker but nothing worth praising over_

That is my example of assumption_ Although i assumed "The Ugly Truth" would be bad i watched it first to prove it was_ When everyone talks highly about a particular thing and rave on about it, regardless of general stereotype and thought process, then you know that something must be working_ Avatar and The Dark Night are highly praised films by a majority of critics and viewers alike_ There is justification to watch both these films to justify your assumptions_

Alzi thanks for the confidence but this is really hard atm_ Doing Motion Graphics which is not my thing although it beats using PS, Audio zzz, Web Design zzz and Music Video Production *cheer*_ Music Video is in progress so i will have it up on Facebook end of Feb/ Mar if anyone is interested_

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
luigi doesnt even have one placing in australias character ranking list :(

Alzi

Smash Master
Anyone can change that. I could use Luigi next tournament but we already have a luigi user here. Level 9 Luigi ofcourse.

Richard7

Smash Ace
Disclaimer: Alzi's opinions dont reflect the general opinion of perth smashers. He makes baseless assumptions given X topic and treats those like they are irrefutable fact.

He is slowly eroding my faith in humanity
Screw Marty, I love you. This should seriously be put as your sig or something so that all easterns can read it. :chuckle:

Loving the intentional incorrect spelling of The Dark Knight Bob :). Avatar becoming the 2nd highest grossing film of all time after literally a month after being released scares me, might have to go find out what all the fuss is about.

Alzi

Smash Master
I watched The Dark knight in english class. Did a exam on it.

I'll say it was alright but it should of had alittle bit more action and fighting. I don't know but ever since i watched it i always though there was somthing missing in the film.

Marx thats some nice news you bring us.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Imo, Avatar's plot was pretty bad. It was way too predictable, the message it was trying to spread (protect the Earth nature's good blah blah) was enforced via faulty logic (you can't use the sci-fi elements to prove your point, that's just bad. I could say machinery > nature because machines are actually alive on this other planet then), and some other points I can't be bothered to explain right now. It was very pretty, though.

Jupz

Smash Master
Finally read through the last few pages. Well I'll be on the committee if someone invites me. Otherwise I don't want to be but I don't want to be lazy so its your guys choice if you want me to help out or not. But remember we can have a few pro guys like CAO and shaya helping out.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I'd like to help out in terms of deciding what games to be played and such. Because of my large number of games I play, I do have alot of connections to decide whether or not something is viable, or if it'd fit in a nice small timeslot and such. But, as with Jupz, its upto you guys if you want my help or not. Remember, I can be a bit of a *******. :p

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
I refuse to see avatar, its soo over hyped I ****ing hate things being over hyped, 'cause they always disapoint me.

Anyways I just got off from playing some Twilight princess, link looks so sexy in the heroes tunic. I dislike being in beast form, I much prefer "normal Link". I just filled up that spirit thing and met some watery tart in a lake. My brother kept thinking a brawl cut scene would happen with "that guy" coming in and ruining the fun.
Anyways, soo far so good.

Trillest

Smash Ace
KK ppl Results from NOT IN MY HOUSE 2 Low tier tourney hosted by Trillest

1. Lord Bowser(Bowser, Ike)
2. Roman(Mario)
3. Trill(Link)
4. Gnasch(Ganon)
5. Muzga(Jigglypuff)
5. Vlade(Captain Falcon)
7. LvL 9 Wigi(Luigi)
7. LvL 9 Wolf(peach jks Wolf)

Alzi

Smash Master
Mic since blue names are overated you should give me a red name i'm sure i will make good use of it. ;)

Nice results. Lord Bowser is our Low tier guy after all.

True Romance

Smash Ace
KK ppl Results from NOT IN MY HOUSE 2 Low tier tourney hosted by Trillest

1. Lord Bowser(Bowser, Ike)
2. Roman(Mario)
3. Trill(Link)
4. Gnasch(Ganon)
5. Muzga(Jigglypuff)
5. Vlade(Captain Falcon)
7. LvL 9 Wigi(Luigi)
7. LvL 9 Wolf(peach jks Wolf)
Good work to Trav coming from losers and taking revenge on me lol, **** always happens to me at low tier tournies, first Ric now Trav lol. Poor Mario where's the love.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I watched The Dark knight in english class. Did a exam on it.

I'll say it was alright but it should of had alittle bit more action and fighting. I don't know but ever since i watched it i always though there was somthing missing in the film.
Was your favourite film "X-men Origin: Wolverine" by any chance?

I refuse to see avatar, its soo over hyped I ****ing hate things being over hyped, 'cause they always disapoint me.
How can you know it's overhyped if you haven't seen it, you just know it's hyped...

D tier and lower
Bowser and lower, awwwww yeaaaaaaah.

I would have won had I known this was on.

*Rage*
I was going to text you to see if you were coming but it thought you'd read Kane's post but next time I'll make sure :)

Sick smashfest. So much fun. I am now the second best Diddy in Aus as deemed by Andre.
So I take it you made it home alive, somewhat disappointing, could've made an exciting story.

MTGod

Smash Champion
tis true though he will only have trouble versing sam, vlade, ric and roman...i think im not so sure but ehhh
Oh, I dunno Tibs - the tier diversity over here might just blow your minds and regress your playstyle back to its infancy :p You guys better watch yourselves when you come over :D

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
Mic since blue names are overated you should give me a red name i'm sure i will make good use of it. ;)

Nice results. Lord Bowser is our Low tier guy after all.
..Links a lower tier, 2nd last.
I thought I was the low tier guy.
*grumble*

@Marty I was invited by 4 people last night to go to newport. Didn't have a lift there so I cbf'd.

i blame mywii:

Top Bottom