• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi VERSION 3!!!

D

Deleted member

Then wait patiently without posting that you are waiting (this isn't Twitter).
Do what I do on these things: Lurk, then reap the rewards of patience.

EDIT: I've been Ninja'd...

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Then wait patiently without posting that you are waiting (this isn't Twitter).
Do what I do on these things: Lurk, then reap the rewards of patience.
I agree with you. it gets a little unnerving when a new reply comes, only to find out it's someone who's patient </sarcasm>

He will release Waluigi when he deems him good. It means more fun for us. Let Wa come when Wa will come.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
would you rather want a rushed, screwed up, and glitchy Waluigi? Or do you want a taken time, checked, tested, double checked, non glitchy Waluigi? Personally I'd rather wait and see what happens with version 3.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
I just ripped, extracted, and hexxed the Waluigi model from Mario Kart Wii. The model is HUGE so I need to resize it. Just thought i'd tell you guys since its a Waluigi Project thread

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
why would a new model help? all the animations would have to be re-done.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
would you rather want a rushed, screwed up, and glitchy Waluigi? Or do you want a taken time, checked, tested, double checked, non glitchy Waluigi? Personally I'd rather wait and see what happens with version 3.
He's not attempting to rush the creation- he's attempting to ascertain if any creation is actually happening. His patience is less than it should be, but I can hardly blame him, considering how often fully new character projects have been abandoned in the past. My personal solution is to ignore the topic by assuming it's been abandoned and will never be picked back up. This keeps me patient, but it doesn't really encourage the people working on the project, so perhaps his spam is a better solution- at least it shows interest.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
well normally the people working on new characters are like in college in stuff. It would help if those people made a work plan before hand and a backup plan. its sad how alot of projects get abandoned. hopefully doublek will keep this project.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
I'm truly sorry for making everyone wait so long. I've had a lot of things to deal with in real life lately and lost track of time. I'll now be sending the newest file to snoopy. After he fixes it, I'll determine whether Waluigi should still be on toonlink in v3 or be ported to Pit before the next release. Honestly, I myself think that he's fine over toonlink and shouldn't be ported. Also, not to be selfish, but Pit is one of my favorite characters. (Now the board will be spammed with "WTF, YOU LIKE PIT" replies. So, just shut up) Plus, the newest Geno is already going over someone else, anyway.

D

Deleted member

Once the Clone Engine is perfected, you can have both Pit AND Waluigi.

Marioking64DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marioking64DS
I'm truly sorry for making everyone wait so long. I've had a lot of things to deal with in real life lately and lost track of time. I'll now be sending the newest file to snoopy. After he fixes it, I'll determine whether Waluigi should still be on toonlink or be ported to Pit. Honestly, I myself think that he's fine over toonlink and shouldn't be ported. Also, not to be selfish, but Pit is one of my favorite characters. (Now the board will be spammed with "WTF, YOU LIKE PIT" replies. So, just shut up) Plus, the newest Geno is already going over someone else, anyway.
umm.... having Waluigi over ToonLink would be odd, since ToonLink is apart of the LoZ Universe and Pit is part of the Kid Icarus and being the ONLY one from the series and with all the wining themes and series icons.

plus im somewhat sick of people not replacing characters because they like them, if there perfect for the replacing (eg. characters with only one character within the series) then do it.

i dont see the Mewtwo project trying to replace someone like Ike, cos it would be odd have a Pokemon with the Fire Emblem theme/series icon

also back to the Pit replacing

i have made all the battle icons and stuff(and replaced everything to do with Pit with Waluigi)

also when the ARF is up and runing we wont have this "Im not replacing them cos i like them" any more

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
I knew I'd get a bunch of comments telling me "OH, you're not replacing him because you like him?" Trying to make me sound like some douche bag. I didn't have to release it to all you, you know. I could have kept it private myself and just released the final when I felt like it. Releasing things publicly just makes it more work, anyway. Posting updates, editing posts, changing downloads, complainers, etc. This is a hack that I put together and started a knew project of. I shouldn't have to be looked down upon because I don't want to replace a character WITH MY OWN HACK. How dare you. I NEVER said that I wouldn't port him to Pit anyway. I was just stating my opinion ABOUT MY OWN HACK.
However, in respect for MarioKing I will continue porting Wa to Pit. This is for our team who is working hard to port him. Not for you ungrateful trolls who have the nerve to actually look down upon the programmer of a hack for changing something IN THEIR OWN HACK. I will now reflect my disappointment toward all of you with this highly overrated emoticon. :mad: You disgust me.
From now on my hacks will not be released publicly until the final version is finished.
Waluigi V3 is going to be the last released beta. Then, the final version. No more betas. But, only if the whole team agrees.
(I have great respect for my team and will never make a final decision for this hack without their consent).

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
I knew I'd get a bunch of comments telling me "OH, you're not replacing him because you like him?" Trying to make me sound like some douche bag. I didn't have to release it to all you, you know. I could have kept it private myself and just released the final when I felt like it. Releasing things publicly just makes it more work, anyway. Posting updates, editing posts, changing downloads, complainers, etc. This is a hack that I put together and started a knew project of. I shouldn't have to be looked down upon because I don't want to replace a character WITH MY OWN HACK. How dare you. I NEVER said that I wouldn't port him to Pit anyway. I was just stating my opinion ABOUT MY OWN HACK.
Whoa, no one was trolling you, nor does anyone have any disrespect for you. It's just that Tink is getting ***** by all of these outstanding hacks, and some people just don't have room for Waluigi. Pit, so far, doesn't have that many great hacks going for him, and thus is a better replacement. This is in my opinion, though.

Regarding the moveset: As great as this moveset is, I strongly encourage that you guys re-do his specials. His specials don't make much sense as they are, and I feel as though they could be much more accurate. If you'd like, I have some ideas on moves that could be implemented:
Neutral Special - Waluigi forms a light-blue tornado around himself, and spins rapidly back and forth.
Side Special - Swims forward in mid-air. Can change direction similar to a glide.
Up Special - Similar to Links. Does a twirl. Can be charged on the ground. (No changes)
Down Special - Waluigi pulls a Bob-omb out of his pocket. Similar to Toon Link's down B.
Aerial Neutral Special - Waluigi forms a light blue tornado around himself, has controls similar to MK's Neutral B.
Aerial Side Special - Swims forward in mid-air. Can change direction similar to a glide.
Aerial Up Special - Similar to Links. Twirls and flies upward. (No changes)
Aerial Down Special - Waluigi pulls a Bob-omb out of his pocket, faster than when he's on the ground. Similar to Toon Link's down B in the air.

D

Deleted member

@doublek642
You only got ONE comment with the whole "You're not replacing him because you like him" idea. And that was MarioKing.
The others were merely saying that Pit made more sense than Toon Link, and the fact that Toon Link already has too many hacks on him.
I suggest that before you go on a rant, make sure you got your information correct.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
Wow doublek, thats.......idk what that is. I just read the whole thread and so far only ONE says that you like him so ur not replacing him. If your not going to release betas anymore because of ONE COMMENT then thats just plain out not right. Not trying to be jerky but thats not right. I could understand if its like 4 or 5 but man....ITS JUST ONE COMMENT. And this isn't fully yours. Its Chibo's.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Chibo's is almost completely different than this one. :U

And guys, don't piss on DoubleK for his comment. Yes, he was slightly overreacting, but he was probably under pressure with people like NSM constantly bumping this thread in anticipation for this project to be completed.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
I may have overreacted, but so did others. I've been flooded with private messages and emails ever since my comment about not wanting to replace pit. (cuckoos thanks for understanding) Also, chibo's Waluigi is a totally different project. He's going over Pit anyway so we'll forget it. Item grab glitched fixed? Thats great! Finally I could give Wa his bomb throw.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
yes, the item holding glitch is finally fixed, and i can fix it for Waluigi. if you want, send me the files and i'll fix it.

D

Deleted member

I may have overreacted, but so did others.
Still incorrect. Again, ONE person.
And even if others did, it still isn't justified. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Although three rights make a left!

Marioking64DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marioking64DS
Regarding the moveset As great as this moveset is, I strongly encourage that you guys re-do his specials.

DO YOU UNDER STAND HOW LONG I HAVE WORKED ON THEM ANIMATIONS!?!?!?!

they didn't all just come together in one day you know!

this December will be one whole year me starting on them

so there is a fat chance of me making whole new ones

sorry if i sound ****ty

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
Still incorrect. Again, ONE person.
And even if others did, it still isn't justified. Two wrongs don't make a right.
IT WAS NOT ONE PERSON, ****! *deep breath* If you read my comment you would understand that I've been flooded with PMs and emails about my recent opinion on replacing pit.

Marioking64DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marioking64DS
I could help too

You don't really have to be alone :V
well am done with the main animations, if you have good animating skill you can help

im up to making the Throws,Thrown,item using,Being hit and much more

D

Deleted member

Chibo's is almost completely different than this one. :U

And guys, don't piss on DoubleK for his comment. Yes, he was slightly overreacting, but he was probably under pressure with people like NSM constantly bumping this thread in anticipation for this project to be completed.
This the one, doublek? It's the current second to last one he made in this thread.

Or did you mean this one?

"Whoa, no one was trolling you, nor does anyone have any disrespect for you. It's just that Tink is getting ***** by all of these outstanding hacks, and some people just don't have room for Waluigi. Pit, so far, doesn't have that many great hacks going for him, and thus is a better replacement. This is in my opinion, though."

............How is that at any way a disrespectful comment on you not replacing Pit?

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
So are all glitches fixed?
-The HaveN Glitch has been busted.
-I think I heard Snoopy fixed the "Getting hit by anywhere" glitch.

Marioking64DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marioking64DS
SJS from KC-MM has made some good looking CSP for Waluigi and his recolours
cos of a request done by me

all credits go to SJS

thank him, not me

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
SJS for KC-MM has made some good looking CSP for Waluigi and his recolours
cos of a request done by me

all credits go to SJS

thank him, not me
Dude, those CSPs are EPIC, regardless of who made them.

He needs a CSS icon to go with them, though. ^^

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace

DO YOU UNDER STAND HOW LONG I HAVE WORKED ON THEM ANIMATIONS!?!?!?!

they didn't all just come together in one day you know!

this December will be one whole year me starting on them

so there is a fat chance of me making whole new ones

sorry if i sound ****ty
I think people are just wanting to see specials that are more iconic of the character, like bob-ombs and crazy freaky-diki vines. There's no reason you couldn't use some of the animations you've already got for stuff like this. His current specials just all feel like smash attacks right now, but that's a PSA problem, not necessarily an animation one, and I have complete faith that it will be fixed once you guys can get around to it. Great work so far, keep it up!

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
This the one, doublek? It's the current second to last one he made in this thread.

Or did you mean this one?

"Whoa, no one was trolling you, nor does anyone have any disrespect for you. It's just that Tink is getting ***** by all of these outstanding hacks, and some people just don't have room for Waluigi. Pit, so far, doesn't have that many great hacks going for him, and thus is a better replacement. This is in my opinion, though."

............How is that at any way a disrespectful comment on you not replacing Pit?
No, I'm saying that his second last comment explains why I was acting pissed off. It's not just the thread. It's other ways of contact like gmail and PMs and other stuff that I was being "trolled" on.

Top Bottom