• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Mains Interview Thread! Interview: TooBusyToCare!

bassem6

Smash Lord
Bassem what advice would you give to Wario players that are trying to get better.
Watch videos of the top wario players. Look at the things they do that work. Incorporate them into your playstyle. Go to tournaments, play lots of friendlies with people who use a variety of characters so you get more matchup experience. When using wario, make sure you pay close attention to what your opponents do and adapt and mix up your game. If you get predictable with wario then your egg is cooked.

If there arent any tournaments going on, play people on wifi to at least get some knowledge about certain matchups. Just learn to play smart and keep your cool.

lol who's cocky now?

i am still the only wario to beat ally. s my d fiction meatriders.

<3
Nope. I was the first wario to beat ally and it was online in an allisbrawl ladder set. Although, you were the first wario to beat him offline and for that I give you the props :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I get no respect around here anymore :\. I'm leaving.
You can't stop playing the character for half a year and then return randomly one day and expect everyone to still wholeheartedly and unanimously accept you as the best. We are all equals on these boards anyway.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
You can't stop playing the character for half a year and then return randomly one day and expect everyone to still wholeheartedly and unanimously accept you as the best. We are all equals on these boards anyway.
^^^This

Maybe he was expecting to get some WC to rep him the way the Futile fan boys came through and just started declaring Futile the best Wario ever and other things Lol.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah im just hating because im jealous of your wario, fiction.
:)

im actually quite the troll at times. :):)

Padô

Smash Lord
Bassem,

How did you feel when you landed the AWESOME combo on PictoChat (spikes, waft, spikes)?

You have stepped up a lot in the last few months with many good placings on tournaments. Do you plan to fight for the 1st placing on tournaments around the US?

bassem6

Smash Lord
Bassem,

How did you feel when you landed the AWESOME combo on PictoChat (spikes, waft, spikes)?

You have stepped up a lot in the last few months with many good placings on tournaments. Do you plan to fight for the 1st placing on tournaments around the US?
I felt really good haha. Its like getting high, without the marijuana! It will forever be known as the bassem combo xD Umm. Maybe. The thing is, my parents arent huge supporters of my smash hobby and plane tickets are expensive so I dont think they would pay for me to travel.

Although, I will be working a nice summer job this year which should net me over 6k by the end of the summer, so I might be able to pay for my own plane tickets and stuff. I usually only travel to kansas and tx for tournies though.

Bassem why you'd decided to main Wario ?
I saw videos of futile and paxz doing really cool stuff with him and it made me wanna try him out. I liked his playstyle when I tried him out so I mained him.

Bassem, tell us about your smash journey.

Were you ever horrible beyind words?
Well, I started playing melee at a competitive level in like early 2007. I was like the best player in my town but I never went to any melee tournaments because I was like 14-15 and my parents werent gonna drive me. So I was really excited for brawl because I could show off my skills online! The online kinda sucks but it was still really fun since I didnt have any nearby really good players to play offline with.

I mained Ike for the first month or so that brawl came out and I was in a phase where I was trying out all these different characters as fun secondaries. I remember seeing old videos of futile and paxz ****** people with wario and I thought I would give him a try and I could maybe get as good as they were. I eventually dropped ike and started playing wario exclusively and I was having a lot of fun with him.

I was kind of well known in the online community and then I went to my first offline tournament I think it was late 2008. The tournament was oh snap 4 and it was a huge regional sized one. There was over 100 people. I got 17th losing mainly because of my lack of counter pick knowledge and offline matchup experience. I had a lot of fun though so I started attending more and getting better and better and here I am today.

Haha, We are all horrible when we first start out, we just dont know it at the time xD

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
bassem.
i think im going to give you the keys to my heart now.

anyways,
downthrow, sidethrow, or upthrow with wario?

which do you prefer mostly?

any situations for one or the other?

of do you just use one all the time regardless?

bassem6

Smash Lord
bassem.

anyways,

I use downthrow the least now probably (its funny because I used it the most when I first started playing wario)

Ok upthrow against heavy characters/characters with bad aerial mobility/ fast fallers. I like to use it against the space animals because you can usually predict where they're gonna fall and regrab them. Against snake because he sucks in the air. Against diddy if I need to throw him quickly and a banana is falling or something.

Dthrow against characters that I can chaingrab like dk and wolf. I will use it sometimes if my fthrow is stale just to mix things up and maybe get a read on my opponent. Im not very good at the buffered turn around dthrow though so I dont use this too much.

Fthrow against light weight characters or characters that it is hard to follow up on like mk or game and watch.

Quik17

Smash Ace
How much higher do you think Wario can rise on the tierlist if people start incorporating the tires and bike into their games?

Favorite top/high tier matchup? Why?
Least favorite matchup?

Favorite aerial?
Would you still main Wario if he didn't have his waft move?

Finally, it is common knowledge that Midwest Warios are both better and cooler than Southwest Warios. Do you have any comments on this fact?

bassem6

Smash Lord
How much higher do you think Wario can rise on the tierlist if people start incorporating the tires and bike into their games?

Least favorite matchup?

Favorite aerial?

Finally, it is common knowledge that Midwest Warios are both better and cooler than Southwest Warios. Do you have any comments on this fact?

Honestly, I dont think wario is gonna go up much higher than he is now. I think if wario goes up at all, the highest he will be is most likely 4th-5th. And thats only if we wario mains start placing 1st at tournies at bit more consistently. I dont see the tires and bike as something that will greatly boost his tier list position. This is because better players will not give you the chance to fully utilize the bike/tires. Although, they might still have some untapped potential.

I do see the bike/tires being helpful in the diddy kong matchup in the future. I have experimented with it and having a bike laying on the stage makes it harder for them to **** you with banana tricks.

My favorite top tier matchup would probably be meta knight. Its fun to analyze what the different top level meta knights do and play them accordingly. Do they spam tornado more or shuttle loop oos more? Are they better on stage or off stage? How will they respond if Im more aggressive? Stuff like that.

My least favorite top tier matchup would have to be diddy kong. I dont think I fully know the workings of this matchup yet and his bananas are quite irritating. Sometimes you just feel like theres nothing you can do to hurt him because he doesnt leave himself any openings. And whenever I try to gimp his semi linear recovery, bad things always end up happening to me.

M favorite aerial would probably be...down air. I like doing combos with it like full hop dair to clap to clap. Or at lower percents, dair to grab and sometimes dair to waft. Upair and nair definitely tie for a close 2nd though.

I might still main wario if he didnt have his waft move. Like if he never had it in the first place I might still main him. But if I knew that it existed and nintendo just straight up removed it, I would be like this is bs and switch to one of the top 3 characters probably haha.

Finally, thats interesting! Because here in the southwest, it is common knowledge that southwest warios are cooler and better than midwest warios! We are better and cooler than east coast and west coast warios too for that matter :laugh:

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Bassem

Q. Bassem,

A. I felt really good haha. Its like getting high, without the marijuana! It will forever be known as the bassem combo xD Umm. Maybe. The thing is, my parents arent huge supporters of my smash hobby and plane tickets are expensive so I dont think they would pay for me to travel.

Although, I will be working a nice summer job this year which should net me over 6k by the end of the summer, so I might be able to pay for my own plane tickets and stuff. I usually only travel to kansas and tx for tournies though.

Q. Bassem why you'd decided to main Wario ?

A. I saw videos of futile and paxz doing really cool stuff with him and it made me wanna try him out. I liked his playstyle when I tried him out so I mained him.

Q. Bassem, tell us about your smash journey.

Were you ever horrible beyind words?

A. Well, I started playing melee at a competitive level in like early 2007. I was like the best player in my town but I never went to any melee tournaments because I was like 14-15 and my parents werent gonna drive me. So I was really excited for brawl because I could show off my skills online! The online kinda sucks but it was still really fun since I didnt have any nearby really good players to play offline with.

I mained Ike for the first month or so that brawl came out and I was in a phase where I was trying out all these different characters as fun secondaries. I remember seeing old videos of futile and paxz ****** people with wario and I thought I would give him a try and I could maybe get as good as they were. I eventually dropped ike and started playing wario exclusively and I was having a lot of fun with him.

I was kind of well known in the online community and then I went to my first offline tournament I think it was late 2008. The tournament was oh snap 4 and it was a huge regional sized one. There was over 100 people. I got 17th losing mainly because of my lack of counter pick knowledge and offline matchup experience. I had a lot of fun though so I started attending more and getting better and better and here I am today.

Haha, We are all horrible when we first start out, we just dont know it at the time xD

Q. bassem.

anyways,

A. I use downthrow the least now probably (its funny because I used it the most when I first started playing wario)

Ok upthrow against heavy characters/characters with bad aerial mobility/ fast fallers. I like to use it against the space animals because you can usually predict where they're gonna fall and regrab them. Against snake because he sucks in the air. Against diddy if I need to throw him quickly and a banana is falling or something.

Dthrow against characters that I can chaingrab like dk and wolf. I will use it sometimes if my fthrow is stale just to mix things up and maybe get a read on my opponent. Im not very good at the buffered turn around dthrow though so I dont use this too much.

Fthrow against light weight characters or characters that it is hard to follow up on like mk or game and watch.

Q. How much higher do you think Wario can rise on the tierlist if people start incorporating the tires and bike into their games?

Least favorite matchup?

Favorite aerial?

A. Honestly, I dont think wario is gonna go up much higher than he is now. I think if wario goes up at all, the highest he will be is most likely 4th-5th. And thats only if we wario mains start placing 1st at tournies at bit more consistently. I dont see the tires and bike as something that will greatly boost his tier list position. This is because better players will not give you the chance to fully utilize the bike/tires. Although, they might still have some untapped potential.

I do see the bike/tires being helpful in the diddy kong matchup in the future. I have experimented with it and having a bike laying on the stage makes it harder for them to **** you with banana tricks.

My favorite top tier matchup would probably be meta knight. Its fun to analyze what the different top level meta knights do and play them accordingly. Do they spam tornado more or shuttle loop oos more? Are they better on stage or off stage? How will they respond if Im more aggressive? Stuff like that.

My least favorite top tier matchup would have to be diddy kong. I dont think I fully know the workings of this matchup yet and his bananas are quite irritating. Sometimes you just feel like theres nothing you can do to hurt him because he doesnt leave himself any openings. And whenever I try to gimp his semi linear recovery, bad things always end up happening to me.

M favorite aerial would probably be...down air. I like doing combos with it like full hop dair to clap to clap. Or at lower percents, dair to grab and sometimes dair to waft. Upair and nair definitely tie for a close 2nd though.

I might still main wario if he didnt have his waft move. Like if he never had it in the first place I might still main him. But if I knew that it existed and nintendo just straight up removed it, I would be like this is bs and switch to one of the top 3 characters probably haha.

Finally, thats interesting! Because here in the southwest, it is common knowledge that southwest warios are cooler and better than midwest warios! We are better and cooler than east coast and west coast warios too for that matter

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
How does it feel to be the only black Wario player?
It was a long and hard struggle I feel as though I broke the color barrier and open doors for other black players who want to main Wario but decide to go falco instead. I think me maining Wario is as important as Barrack being the first black president. Black powarrrrr rawr! :chuckle:

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
@Almostlegendary: Biker or classic and why?
Why are you ALMOST legendary?
Who inspired you to play Wario? If no one inspired you, who is your favorite wario to watch.
If you were trapped in a room that was locked what would be the first thing you would do?
3 things to take on an island and why. ( love how people answer "a wii" there is no power >.> )
Favorite stage? why?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
@Almostlegendary: Biker or classic and why?
Why are you ALMOST legendary?
Who inspired you to play Wario? If no one inspired you, who is your favorite wario to watch.
If you were trapped in a room that was locked what would be the first thing you would do?
3 things to take on an island and why. ( love how people answer "a wii" there is no power >.> )
Favorite stage? why?
Classic I use the purple and gold Wario. I used to use the biker but too many ppl used it so i switched to purple and gold because no one played that color.

I'm almost legendary because I used to play Socom FTb2 for the psp a lot and ppl used to pop **** about how they were legendary and what not so I mad the name almostlegendary. Turns Out I was pretty legendary myself because ppl kept asking what happened to LT.1337 which was my name before hand after I lead a crew to top 25 on a ladder Socom Kingz 4 life ah those were good times :chuckle:

It was a mixture of things to be honest. Wario first caught my attention when DMG was talking massive **** at one of the hobos on stream. Watched him beat Haze. Then it was pX just talking about DMG playstyle. THen I lost to some warios in tourney as a Marth main. Then also talking to inui about brawl. It all pretty much stuck in my head then after I dropped marth I fished around with everyone then eventually kept playing Wario becuase I like the Way he moves. I think my favorite Wario to watch is PX. I like watching all the Wario's though because it gives me a chance to look at how they play and add things to my game. What it boils down to from me is what I can learn from watching you play Wario are the videos I like to see. Although that fiction was Larry match was just crazy.

If I was trapped in a room I'd prob beat off and just wait to die :chuckle:

Three things I'd take on an Island with me would be Pinky Vida Guerra and Halle Berry. We may not last like but **** If I wouldn't be in heaven on earth.

Favorite stage I like SV. I don't really CP anything but neutrals I should prob play on brinstar or RC more but I don't understand why people like them stages as Wario so much. So I just stick to the simplier stuff until I get better control of Wario and learn the match ups better.

Top Bottom