• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You'll only ground break against Peach if you mash out when she's mid pummel. It's actually faster to rotate the control stick and flick the C stick than to mash the buttons. Be careful though, if you mash anything other than downwards, even people who don't usually air release you will do so.

There are no solid tips vs Diddys. They all play differently, you need to adapt to them and avoid their bananas/use them more effectively.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
Don't get grabbed, and camp. A lot. Neither one should give you TOO much trouble, there is a way to get out of their stuff. Unless Fiction wants to make it public, I think we are gonna keep it to ourselves for the time being.
For the sake of Wario, I'd definitely keep it to yourselves for the time being. But that's just me. Thanks for the tips.

@Phantom: Grab release, footstool, B-Air. I can't get out of it. And then Sheik has the grab release, footstool, Needle Storm one.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I asked about the Peach. I know the Sheik ones. Sheik is a pain, she's hella fast. You just have ot bait and space and camp effectively, and pick platformed stages.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
I asked about the Peach. I know the Sheik ones. Sheik is a pain, she's hella fast. You just have ot bait and space and camp effectively, and pick platformed stages.
The fortunate thing about Peach's is that not too many Peach players can do it, or get the timing right. But nonetheless, it's very difficult to get out of if against a player who knows how to do it, which is why I'm having a lot of trouble with Peachs and Sheiks right now. >__<; My favorite Wario stages are Battlefield, Yoshi's Island SSBB, and Smashville. I try to avoid Final Destination because it doesn't prevent camping/spamming/infinites whatsoever.

Love the avy, btw.

Jeremy Smith

Smash Apprentice
first i want to apologize for the wall of text im about to create.

earlier today i was playing some matches against the computer due to lack of anyone else to play with when i did something that confused me so im hoping someone can clear up.

i was wario and the oponent was ness. I had just used bite while standing on the left side of final dest facing out to the the left. He left my mouth fell downwards and i decided to follow knowing he would use his up B to recover and i wanted to gimp him. Instead what followed was that i used the bike right as he was about to hit me(he hit himself with the blue thing that projects him forward and i was between him and the ledge). At this point I pulled out the bike a low and behold he hits me and then goes straight up, possibly with a slightly leftward motion... moral of the story he wasnt recovering from it, and im not sure if I took damage but i defeintly recieved no knock back.

So was this just a fluke because i was against the computer and they possibly were aiming straight up in the first place or does the bike change ness' (and possibly lucas') tragectory.

thanks

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
To jeremy smith: he probably hit the bike, which has a hitbox, and got deflected leftward

To fiction/PX: why does wario have BROWN hair and a BLACK mustache?!?!?!?! (edit: we all know he doesn't dye it so don't give me a BS answer)

DemonFart

Smash Lord
oh...my...god. fiction did you really spend time searching for that steadyhealth thing?

heh. good job!

Jeremy Smith

Smash Apprentice
does warios upsmash cancel out alot of moves. I ask because i was really bored just now nad played a few games against random computers. Anywho at one point in the match (on delfino) we were on the top platform and i did an upsmash right when ganondorf did his wiz kick from above and the canceled eachother out i believe, i know i took no damage but i didnt really check if he did or not.

also does the wizkick(at least while grounded) always outprioritize the bike?

MrEh

Smash Hero
The Wario Waft gets progressively stronger in knockback and damage as it charges up. At max charge, it trades a lot of knockback and gains more startup time in favor of Super Armor, a bigger hitbox, and more damage.

So yeah. A Waft that's not fully charged is better for killing. Wafts kill at freakishly low percents, especially if it's close to full charge.

Jeremy Smith

Smash Apprentice
can anyone help me understand how to follow up on diar's. I find that occasionally i can hit a bite afterwords but for the most part im unable to capitalize and if i remember correctly theres quite a few combos that can happen from a dair like dair to nair or maybe its nair to dair i dont remember.

thanks

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
can anyone help me understand how to follow up on diar's. I find that occasionally i can hit a bite afterwords but for the most part im unable to capitalize and if i remember correctly theres quite a few combos that can happen from a dair like dair to nair or maybe its nair to dair i dont remember.

thanks
You need to fastfall the dairs correctly if you want to followup, or DI chase appropriately.

Hitting small targets is entirely based around fastfalling dairs, and especially against Olimar make sure you cancel them so you can gtfo as soon as you hit the ground if he shields.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
You need to fastfall the dairs correctly if you want to followup, or DI chase appropriately.

Hitting small targets is entirely based around fastfalling dairs, and especially against Olimar make sure you cancel them so you can gtfo as soon as you hit the ground if he shields.
You know, I think its because I'm online that I can't do it, I've noticed my Wario isn't so hot so I play D3 and **** people with him instead >.>

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I dunno why but I do fine online....i never get lag so i never see what the big deal is about it.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Play offline, then you'll understand the difference, lol. I used to say the same thing. And it's impossible to not lag, you'll lag with someone somewhere, b/c they'll have bad connections, or you'll just have bad connections to them. Lag is always present, it's just the degree of lag that changes.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
oh i see....so there's a lag but its just not as noticeable right? but does the tiniest lag really affect people??!!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It affects you if you're used to playing lagless. I used to be moderately successful at WiFi but I do much poorer when I try to go back now that I play more offline.

Jeremy Smith

Smash Apprentice
my fast fall correctly im not sure what u mean. like i need to start the dair at a certain time in my jump, or do i need to fast fall before dairing.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
my fast fall correctly im not sure what u mean. like i need to start the dair at a certain time in my jump, or do i need to fast fall before dairing.
I actually just Dair and then depending on my height I will fast fall it at certain points in the animation.

For example, if I am really high up, I will fast fall either as soon as I Dair or just a bit before I dair.

If I am medium height, I will do the Dair and fast fall about half way into the Dair.

If I am low height, I will do Dair and Fast fall it almost when the animation is done.

Basically, you don't have to fast fall at the same height over and over. You need to fastfall at height to animation ratios.

High Height= Early during Dair
Medium Height= Middle of Dair
Low Height= Near the end of Dair

Hope that helps. Oh, and sometimes I will not fastfall the Dair and will purposefully just weave away with it in the air instead of wanting to get to the ground sooner. Just something to think about.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I actually just Dair and then depending on my height I will fast fall it at certain points in the animation.

For example, if I am really high up, I will fast fall either as soon as I Dair or just a bit before I dair.

If I am medium height, I will do the Dair and fast fall about half way into the Dair.

If I am low height, I will do Dair and Fast fall it almost when the animation is done.

Basically, you don't have to fast fall at the same height over and over. You need to fastfall at height to animation ratios.

High Height= Early during Dair
Medium Height= Middle of Dair
Low Height= Near the end of Dair

Hope that helps. Oh, and sometimes I will not fastfall the Dair and will purposefully just weave away with it in the air instead of wanting to get to the ground sooner. Just something to think about.
Yes, what he wrote there is what I meant by fastfall correctly. It sorta came naturally to me as I played so it was hard to describe/explain XD <3 Bobbeh

So many options, such a sexy move.

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
whats the hitbox of down b?

Best way to momentum cancel?

is wario good in teams?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
How are we supposed to describe a hitbox in words? o_O The hitbox varies with charge, half waft is a tad smaller than you'd think, full waft is wider underneath than you'd expect. For horizontal knockback, bike braking is often best, if you're going upwards, fastfall a dair.

Also, Wario is a GOD in teams, easily in the top 3 doubles charas.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
How are we supposed to describe a hitbox in words? o_O The hitbox varies with charge, half waft is a tad smaller than you'd think, full waft is wider underneath than you'd expect. For horizontal knockback, bike braking is often best, if you're going upwards, fastfall a dair.

Also, Wario is a GOD in teams, easily in the top 3 doubles charas.
Metaknight
DDD
Rob
Wario?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
GW, MK, Wario I think is the order. GW for amazing killing ability, surviving longer than he should b/c of bucket braking, and very good at ledgestalling/camping. MK for versatility and really fast damage building, plus gimps. Wario for tankability, versatility, and killing. He can also do followups very well b/c of aerial control.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Snake, D3, and ROB are all high, but not as high as them, in my opinion of course. They tank incredibly well, and Snake/ROB can rack damage great too, but being big and heavy they are easy to double team, and they're also less versatile b/c they lack the speed/movement to provide support as needed.

Top Bottom