• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah man, that team is like God Tier. Dthrow and bite combo into all of GWs killers, lol. And GW can set up for kills so easy w/ dthrow, and jab until you can waft, it's amazing.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys have a xat chat? I'm trying to make a universal xat room that is tabbed to all individual character xats with each main owner becoming an owner in this room as well.

To do it the main owner has to tab xat.com/Wifi_Room
(Go to "Edit your Chat", type in Wifi_Room, click get, select it, OK)

So far the Link, Mario, Pit, and Pikachu xats are connected.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post, I was told not to make any new threads regarding this:

Hey everyone-

I'm trying to get a "brawl lobby" set up that connects all the xat chats so people can chat or find matches or w/e (or you can go to it directly at www.xat.com/Wifi_Room No signup or registration is needed). So far 16 xats have the room tabbed in their chats. See this thread for the details:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218563

Check it out even if you guys don't want or have a xat. If your boards have an "important links" thread, it would be appreciated if the above thread and site were added. It's might be at least useful for those that want to locate the individual character xats.

Thanks.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Simple question: What is Wario's best throw, as in best follow-ups/total damage output and what are the follow-ups?

EDIT: NVM, got it.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is there any solid way deal with an upsmash and uptilt "spamming" TL? He's not "spamming" them, but rather using them quite often to counter any approaches from the air. They both reach in front, above, and behind him, so airdodging into him doesn't work but half the time. I don't want a 50-50 shot though. I'd much rather have a near fail proof way to deal with it.

Sometimes I'll airdodge into a quick dtilt because it actually outranges his uptilt/smash. So far I've just decided to land on the ground in front of him for a bit to put him into a position that encourages tilts, jabs, and aerials. (they leave the top of him open) If I can get him to use those certain attacks, I can then quickly jump above him into a dair->bite or something.

Thanks.

Edit: I forgot, two more questions.

What in the world should I use uptilt for? And, why is Reflex so good? :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You can bait his tilts and jump out of your shield into an aerial after he tilts/smashes before his other one will reach you, or you can ftilt, or you can fsmash, or you can grab too.

Also, if you can predict an approach from above, Wario's uptilt beats pretty much everything (including GWs key and all of Wario's moves), lol.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
fiction I have a question

I've heard rumors that you have a C.Falcon that is really good is that true?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm sure it's not as good as my Ganon (though you'd **** me in Ganon vs Falcon b/c Falcon's jab and upair > ganon, lulz).

Lovely

Smash Lord
Question, is it good to use Wario's Bike a throwing item? I was practicing useing his Bike as an edge gard tool to win a match with him. ♥

Wallehh

Smash Cadet
Question
Any suggestions fighting against good toon links?

(For some odd reason this little character been giving me problems...lol.)

YagamiDark

Smash Journeyman
2 questions:

1) What do you suggest for promoting muscle memory (anything from tricks, foods, habits, etc)

2) When are good times to DACUS (after a bite, fthrow, etc), and against what characters is it most effective

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
2 questions:

1) What do you suggest for promoting muscle memory (anything from tricks, foods, habits, etc)

2) When are good times to DACUS (after a bite, fthrow, etc), and against what characters is it most effective
1) Muscle memory for what?

2) You use a dacus when they are correctly spaced away from you and vulnerable.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Question
Any suggestions fighting against good toon links?

(For some odd reason this little character been giving me problems...lol.)
I played a bunch of rounds recently against Hyrulian Royalty, so if he ever gives me the facking videos I'll upload them, lol.

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
Ok today i fougth a Snakeplayer Online... The Lag was Extreme but i just managed to win... when he comes back to our forum He starts Complaining about how he lost cuz of the lag and he would have ***** me hard if we played online... I' told him that obvously Snake got an Advantage in this matchup... especially since the maps were Final Destination....

So i'm asking you guys... Does Snake have an Advantage over Wario in lag or am i just talking bull****?

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Ok today i fougth a Snakeplayer Online... The Lag was Extreme but i just managed to win... when he comes back to our forum He starts Complaining about how he lost cuz of the lag and he would have ***** me hard if we played online... I' told him that obvously Snake got an Advantage in this matchup... especially since the maps were Final Destination....

So i'm asking you guys... Does Snake have an Advantage over Wario in lag or am i just talking bull****?
Well most people say its even. I think that snake gets ***** lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
He probably didn't try to camp you with explosives. His explosive game is ridiculous on WiFi... and I think Wario is terrible on WiFi under all non-Bassem circumstances.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
He probably didn't try to camp you with explosives. His explosive game is ridiculous on WiFi... and I think Wario is terrible on WiFi under all non-Bassem circumstances.
After playing wifi for a week straight last summer I was beating people who bassem couldn't. You just have to get used to it ;)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You played WiFi for that long? Haha, the most I can stomach is like 2 days... on and off... with people from Louisiana at the farthest (one state over :p)

bassem6

Smash Lord
After playing wifi for a week straight last summer I was beating people who bassem couldn't. You just have to get used to it ;)
woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah. This is not my batman glass.

Who exactly? >_>

Edit: Still waiting for an answer =P...

TheRealBobMan

Smash Rookie
"Anyway, my question is quite simple, is there ANY use for Wario' s Forward B in battle. IMO it's useless."

I didn't read the whole topic to see if anyone changed their answer or followed up on this question beyond the answers on the first page, but just in case, the Wariobike does a ton for Wario. Lol.

I think it's the best SideB in the game... can't really decide if it beats Dancing Blade for the title or not, but it's at least 2nd best. No move does so much for a character.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
"Anyway, my question is quite simple, is there ANY use for Wario' s Forward B in battle. IMO it's useless."

I didn't read the whole topic to see if anyone changed their answer or followed up on this question beyond the answers on the first page, but just in case, the Wariobike does a ton for Wario. Lol.

I think it's the best SideB in the game... can't really decide if it beats Dancing Blade for the title or not, but it's at least 2nd best. No move does so much for a character.
lol if you think anyone's side b is more useful than falcos ur crazy lol.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
I have this Lucario buddy of mine, he only approaches with a fair then a dair in the short-hop. If he misses he rolls away and spams aura sphere from the side. It gets annoying and it's hard because he spams roll dodge all the time. How do I deal with Lucario's annoying side dodge?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Can wario really DI a grab release, I think you're full of **** fiction. Anyway, for the super grab break you just clack the c-stick around while rotating the analog stick?

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Can wario really DI a grab release, I think you're full of **** fiction. Anyway, for the super grab break you just clack the c-stick around while rotating the analog stick?
First, wario cannot DI the grab release. I am not full of **** most of the time.

Second, you press every button as fast as u can while tapping the c stick and rotating the control stick.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I have this Lucario buddy of mine, he only approaches with a fair then a dair in the short-hop. If he misses he rolls away and spams aura sphere from the side. It gets annoying and it's hard because he spams roll dodge all the time. How do I deal with Lucario's annoying side dodge?
you have to predict where he goes and throw out an aerial before he gets there.
it's a small window, but it's there.

and if he rolls behind you at all you can run away and pivot grab to get him as he is vulnerable.
but yeah for rolling away, just be smart with your air dodge to get around the AS and punish his lag whenever he has any.

Top Bottom