• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

hunger!

Smash Champion
BTW guys, for those of you that are looking for more (safe) ways to advance your Wario game, it's time to start investing time into practicing Boost Grabbing (basically dash canceled grabs). I was fiddling around with this the day before HOBO and the range on Wario's regular boost grab is ridiculous. I know I grab armored Marth's Fsmash, among other things, it's incredibly sexy, and not all the hard to do if you can DACUS (just learn the new spacing and don't hold up when pressing Z).

Boost Pivot Grab will also give Wario a slide, giving more range and margin for error. That one's a bit harder to do though. Some characters already like to abuse these (like Falco, Snake, Marth), so it's time we do the same, especially since it gives us an added grab mixup to strengthen our ground game.
didn't you call me an idiot snake player cause i was doing this with wario ? :laugh::laugh: also i recently won a tourney where basically all i faced was mk's. only one match of GF's got saved but when it gets up ill be sure to slap that match on here. You guys will absolutely love the match, I guarantee it.

edit: oh ya. im back to pure wario for pound practice

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
No, I said boost pivot grabbing was dumb, lol. I still think it is, with Wario, but regular boost grabs with Wario are win.

I knew you were going to say something, btw :p

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, but you can still use it to get a short burst of space while pivot grabbing, messing up your opponent.

Really though, regular boost grab is what ***** for Wario b/c it makes the dash grab MASSIVE, rather than just slightly more ranged than standing grab but w/ huge lag. Makes it harder for the opponents to avoid everything, and more opportunity to grab armor ****.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Yeah, but you can still use it to get a short burst of space while pivot grabbing, messing up your opponent.

Really though, regular boost grab is what ***** for Wario b/c it makes the dash grab MASSIVE, rather than just slightly more ranged than standing grab but w/ huge lag. Makes it harder for the opponents to avoid everything, and more opportunity to grab armor ****.
massive, like MK's dash grabox massive?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, it's just slower and doesn't slide a ton after the grab, plus we stlil have the startup and ending lag, of course. MK's Boost Grab is absolutely out of this world, though :\

Today I used it to grab a GW out of fsmash :)

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
i played around with it yesterday and yeah its a pretty nice boost grab but hes super slow while executing it. got punished like a *****. then again i havent played Wario enough to get a general feel of what i'm supposed to be doing.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, it takes a bit to startup. What makes it great is that it gives Wario a strong mid-longish range option, rather than just having DACUS.

Padô

Smash Lord
I've done this many times by trying to DACUS to fast And got a grab boost :D
I like how does it goes specially when MKs DSmash and Spotdodge its the exact timing of the boost grab to work after getting shield pushed.

Slepten

Smash Apprentice
So wait, I still don't understand how to do that quick pivot grab thing. Someone explain?

Padô

Smash Lord
How does one kill TL?

Also, how does one punish his usmash?
Well, TL is pretty easy to gimp with some malefic strategies like invincible Nair/Bair/Uair ledge drops, well timed edge hogs or if you prefer you can waft while his UpB is rising but only the pressure off stage should be enough.

What do you mean to punish its USmash? lol.
It's easy to predict and powershield it, you can shield it and Nair OoS for a weak Nair hit + Grab or Dair OoS. By the way it got a little after-execution lag which you can punish really easy too.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Well, TL is pretty easy to gimp with some malefic strategies like invincible Nair/Bair/Uair ledge drops, well timed edge hogs or if you prefer you can waft while his UpB is rising but only the pressure off stage should be enough.

What do you mean to punish its USmash? lol.
It's easy to predict and powershield it, you can shield it and Nair OoS for a weak Nair hit + Grab or Dair OoS. By the way it got a little after-execution lag which you can punish really easy too.
Yeah weak hit nair, kind of a sad way to punish a smash attack but I guess that''d do.

Oh also, TL is capable of spotdodging nair? What's up with that? I guess it's just some crazy timing, just wanted to share the impossible.

Slepten

Smash Apprentice
Are Wario's chain grabs guaranteed?

-Donkey Kong
-Falco

Cuz I can never chain grab either of them >_>

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Certain characters that "go into the background/z axis" with their spotdodges can avoid nair unless you don't fastfall it so that it hits them when they're reappearing.

TL's upsmash is easy to punish with like... anything as long as you buffer it out of your shield.

Padô

Smash Lord
Guys,

Brazilian Tier List is coming out, and Wario is probably 2nd or 3rd, not last like Chile tier list haha :)

Just to inform you because people thought he'd be last down here...

Padô

Smash Lord
Yeah weak hit nair, kind of a sad way to punish a smash attack but I guess that''d do.

Oh also, TL is capable of spotdodging nair? What's up with that? I guess it's just some crazy timing, just wanted to share the impossible.

You can airdodge AWAY from it, never inside it, it's got a very restric timing because of the doubled hitbox (One on his front and one behind him), I'd suggest to shield and Nair or Fair OoS it too.

tedeth

Smash Master
So like I never come on the Wario boards... Maybe I should get in here more often.

Also Fox16 is a champ.

Also I want to go back to the US.

Also I hate marth because he beats me. :(

tedeth

Smash Master
Wow, sorry to challenge your way of life with my non-question.

line 1 was stating that I should come here more often, because I'd say very few of you know me except for those who met me.

Line 2 was on topic as peopel were talking about Fox16, who is indeed a champ.

Thinking about Fox16 made me think of all the cool people I met in the US and I thought I'd voice my want to go back there.

And line 4... well I mean come on, it may not be a question, but who doesn't hate Marth?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Wow, sorry to challenge your way of life with my non-question.

line 1 was stating that I should come here more often, because I'd say very few of you know me except for those who met me.

Line 2 was on topic as peopel were talking about Fox16, who is indeed a champ.

Thinking about Fox16 made me think of all the cool people I met in the US and I thought I'd voice my want to go back there.

And line 4... well I mean come on, it may not be a question, but who doesn't hate Marth?
I don't hate marth I just think he's overrated. I know who you are. You the Wolf player from Australia. I've seen you against shaya's Marth. Are you going to pick up Wario or something?

Top Bottom