• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Doesn't matter. Wario's true camping metagame will not be fully realized even if I could muster up the words to accurately describe it to you.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ok...
prepare to get your mind blown if DMG expains it to you.
are you ready for that?
can you honestly say that you... are ready for that?

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
What? I have no idea what you're talking about.
Brawl mechanics makes that if the opponent doesn't tap up or jump botton when mashing and his feet are on the ground (for example they are in the air when Snake grabs on flat ground, edge or a plataform tilting down, but are in the ground when Falco grabs Wario unless in a plataform tilting down or in the edge of a plataform), Wario will NEVER jump break, just ground break, even if he breaks w/o pummel hitstun.

bassem6

Smash Lord
YEAH!, Buffered f-smash after dair catches people off guard! And its not that hard to camp with wario. Like just strike fd then jump away, airdodge a lot and use the occasional bike.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Brawl mechanics makes that if the opponent doesn't tap up or jump botton when mashing and his feet are on the ground (for example they are in the air when Snake grabs on flat ground, edge or a plataform tilting down, but are in the ground when Falco grabs Wario unless in a plataform tilting down or in the edge of a plataform), Wario will NEVER jump break, just ground break, even if he breaks w/o pummel hitstun.
But I didn't even mention anything about grab releasing. I talked about Wario's chain grab on Falco. I'm not sure what I said that might have made you think I was talking about grab releasing. Unless you were replying to something else, in which case I apologize.

I actually don't think the D3 CG is legit. I've tried it a bunch and can't even get it to work for one throw. Maybe I'm just dumb. But I did find out that d-throw to d-tilt is legit.

D-throw does sort of turn it into some type of chase though. Spot dodging is their fastest option and if they spot dodge the boosted grab misses, but if you boosted pivot grab it beats the dodge. Even if they jump you can still get both types of grabs.

Someone who isn't stupid should try this.

bassem6

Smash Lord
easiest characters to camp against that are worth mentioning: DDD, marth, luigi, game and watch. Best stages to camp on are the ones with multiple platforms. That way its also easier to camp against falco, snake and diddy kong.

bassem6

Smash Lord
What are warios best and worst stages? I know it depends on certain MUs but in general?
Brinstar, rainbow cruise and frigate are some of the good cps. My favorite neutrals are SV and ps1.

Worst stages in general would be...yoshis island. Thats the only one I can think of at the moment xD

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
easiest characters to camp against that are worth mentioning: DDD, marth, luigi, game and watch. Best stages to camp on are the ones with multiple platforms. That way its also easier to camp against falco, snake and diddy kong.
So I guess stages like BF, RC, Brisntar would be best to camp on?

you are going for the gold, man.
youre a ****ing champ.
Just want to try his camping style out.

Slepten

Smash Apprentice
Man if this CG is real, life is good.

But I doubt it is.

AL, go test it.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

Slepten

Smash Apprentice
No I mean the DDD one.

And I don't understand the explanation.
What's the whole thing about holding your shield?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
No I mean the DDD one.

And I don't understand the explanation.
What's the whole thing about holding your shield?
The holding the shield is just for you to better understand the time frame you have to buffer the CG . What ddd CG ?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I don't hold shield or whatever, I just do all the inputs quickly.

Worst stage for Wario is Luigi's Mansion. Halberd and Castle Seige are pretty mediocre for him as well (the former has a permanent platform people can camp on and a low ceiling (we only have one vertical kill move), the latter has a walkoff (second stage is great for camping though), a tilting FD-like section, and just stupid **** that can happen in it.

Best stage for Wario is Brinstar. Go there always, even if they ban it.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I see what you're talking bout now slep had to go back a few pages thought you were talking about the buffered throw CG. IDK about this boosted on i'll try it out I guess.

Slepten

Smash Apprentice
Also I can't even do the falco one once xD

i don't think i'm doing it right >_>

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You probably aren't. It took me like an hour and a half to find the actual timing for it, but then once I found it it was easy enough to do.

Slepten

Smash Apprentice
well what percentages is it from?

most of the time my grab doesn't even reach

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
hmmm it seems real to me. I don't have the time down but I was able to get atleast one regrab on d3 at different percentages. So if I practice it more something may be able to come from this.

Anyone know who on the d3 boards posted this and where they got that info from ?

Slepten

Smash Apprentice
I don't even see how it is possible with DDD

And I can't do the falco one either xD

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You guys are making this too complicated.

For Falco/DK/most characters you Dthrow CG:

You Dthrow. Near the end of the animation, you buffer a TURN AROUND Grab. Not a Pivot Grab, not a Boosted grab, just a Turn Around grab (basically a regular grab facing the other direction).

When buffered correctly, this captures characters before they land on the ground and have the ability to move. Some of them you catch them right as they land, others you don't.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
i'm not really sure why d3 can get regrabbed but he does. it's pretty weird IDK if i'm doing it right or not.

@DMG supposedly Wario has a standing infinite boosted dthrow CG on d3 that's what being discussed that and slepten's inability to BPG with falco. Can you teach me how to camp with wario I want to pack lunches.

C.J.

Smash Master
i'm not really sure why d3 can get regrabbed but he does. it's pretty weird IDK if i'm doing it right or not.

@DMG supposedly Wario has a standing infinite boosted dthrow CG on d3 that's what being discussed that and slepten's inability to BPG with falco. Can you teach me how to camp with wario I want to pack lunches.
DMG was saying for Falco it's a turnaround grab, not a boosted pivot grab AL. You boosted ivot grab DDD. As for why he can get regrabbed, frame-wise, he can with the normal turnaround grab, but, he lands too far away for your grab to reach. The boost allows you to reach it still within the frame range.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
DMG was saying for Falco it's a turnaround grab, not a boosted pivot grab AL. You boosted ivot grab DDD. As for why he can get regrabbed, frame-wise, he can with the normal turnaround grab, but, he lands too far away for your grab to reach. The boost allows you to reach it still within the frame range.
am i confused now.

Someone teach me how to pitch a tent.

C.J.

Smash Master
In order to CG Falco you neither pivot grab him or boost pivot grab him. All you do is a normal turn around grab.

You buffer boost grab DDD though.

Top Bottom