• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Theoretically it may as well be:

1. Fiction - Was the near-perfect Wario, then became inactive
2. Malcolm - You know already
3. Blue Rogue - Actually haven't watched his vids in a while
4. Bassem - lol I only watched his set vs. DPhat
5. Masky - Very defensive, times peeps out

Because the rest are inactive as Wario (not going to tourneys, using MK, etc)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
haha thanks, but i just feel like even though MK is overpowered, it doesnt mean you can just play him and always auto win. No matter how many people say it. I like wario alot, and will try and pick him up again. I'll still use mk but i will probably use wario more often.

Btw, could people tell me who the top 5 wario's are? and what there playstyles are? i know malcolm is a little aggro, but i dont play like that. I saw krystedez vids, but i feel he's too unorthodox for my taste.
Fiction
Bassem
Hunger
Malcolm
Blue Rogue

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
what?? really? i thought Malcolm was the best.... like, by far. at least thats what i've been hearing. Does fiction still play?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
what?? really? i thought Malcolm was the best.... like, by far. at least thats what i've been hearing. Does fiction still play?
Lists all carry personal and regional bias. More so than how the players are vertically ranked you should just look at the fact that they're ranked as top 5 by other Wario players.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Some of you guys are garbage at making a Wario list.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Fiction is slightly active again. This weekend he almost beat DSF.

What I wrote in this post is basically, what they said.
----

I totally forgot Hunger.

AL's list is right. (Except, I wouldn't place Bassem that high. Bassem's good, I don't think he's 2nd best)
Then again, the top 5 probably should be out of order. Order is usless.

bassem6

Smash Lord
I'm also inclined to agree with AL's list. Piedisliker, watch some of my vids before you attempt to accurately rank me. Im not mad or anything, just saying.

Padô

Smash Lord
I really can't make a Wario list.

Wario's are a bit disseminated around the U.S. I'd probably get all the Warios that are considered the best on their states then rank them accordingly to their national representation, we'd probably get a good list there IMO.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
ive seen good mks lose to warios... not all mks play gay like ksizzle. i think that match up is 60:40 is both characters are even skill level.
namesearch

i dont play gay.

i just use tornado more/better than any one else.

mk18 beat me with me using the strat and i believe its not even effective vs wario.

fgt.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Tornado really isn't that useful against Wario. Used once in a while or as an escape method it's pretty good, but not for attacking/punishing like many MKs like to use it, due to our mobility and actual ability to punish the move.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
say there is like a minute left on the clock and its wario V mk. mk is in the lead by 40%, and then starts to plank. whats the safest way to approach him? or stop him from planking? bike tires?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
People in the majority are lacking in common sense... seemingly there's a large concentration of these people in the gaming community as well.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Masky the problem becomes identifying when MK is planking properly and when he is not. If there was a "frame timer" in game that showed what frame people were performing actions, then yeah you could see that he is abusing the 1 frame of vulnerability or that yes he is having his second Uair invincible. But it's not that easy.

I don't like rules that attempt to ban planking specifically (like "If you plank, you are DQ'd. That is not very well defined at all), because they cannot really define planking very well. That and people have varying thresholds on what amount of planking is acceptable. Some people are disgusted when MK fights most of the game, has that last minute left, grabs the edge. Some think that 2-3 minutes is fine. Some think none of it is acceptable. Then you have LGL's, which are a different beast in themselves.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok but what's the difference between Peach and MK? Peach does something only she can do (she is the only one who can Wall Bomb like that over and over, just as Jiggs is the only one who can Pound). MK does what every character can do on the edge, just a ton better. I'm not saying it's acceptable for him to be able to do that, but it's not as easy as saying "This is stalling" when most stalling actions are plain cut easy to determine. Peach using Wallbomber over and over on the side of the stage? Ok. MK doing various actions involving the edge like Shuttle Loop, Down B, Uair, Nair, Fair, multiple jump patterns, gliding under the stage to the other edge, etc.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Stalling is defined as wasting time by putting yourself in a situation where, to stop you, the opponent has to take tremendous risks of death. MK planking pretty much fits that definition to the T, when he's using it to waste time and not just get back on the stage.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok PX, now tell MK players what they specifically are/not allowed to do on the edge. Down B? Shuttle Loop? Regular Regrab? Side B? Planking is bad, now define the actions that constitute planking.

Actually Masky it's 2 Uairs. First Uair is completely invincible, second one is invincible til like frame 6-7 IIRC. So after the sword hitbox it stays for a few frames. Assuming you are frame perfect of course. If you are slightly off, you can expect to have invincibility remain up until the second hitbox and lose it right there.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Oh, they can be at the edge, but if the opponent does not approach them and they don't make any inclinations to return to the stage, they are clearly stalling.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok. Would it be acceptable for them to go back on stage, shield an attack, then run off and grab the edge? Can they stay on the edge if the opponent spawns banana's or grenades, or approaches? Cause now you get into a tricky area concerning "Ok these actions are only allowed under certain circumstances, that will probably vary from person to person."

bassem6

Smash Lord
Ugh the whole mk planking thing is stupid. I dont see why the SBR doesnt just agree on a LGL to end this nuisance of an issue. I think 40-45 is perfect. And dont argue that the "right number" of LG's' is subjective so it shouldnt be implemented. 8 minutes, 3 stock is JUST as subjective so I dont see what the big deal is about a ledge grab limit. A person who clearly isnt attempting to plank will NOT grab the ledge 40-45 times in a single game.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Because adding a LGL doesn't guarantee you solve a problem. Think about it Bassem; scrooging bypasses the LGL pretty easily. Not only that, but you know someone is gonna say something when the MK grabs the edge 39 or 44 times and gets the win. I remember having this conversation with you about Genesis. Dojo vs Larry, he grabs the edge 34 times and the limit was like 35 or 40 IIRC. Now although it was clear Dojo wasn't stalling, let's say that the LGL was 30. Under those rules, he would have lost. 5 Edge grabs may not seem like a big difference, but that shows you how even something as small as what number of edge grabs you impose as the limit can significantly impact the outcome of a match.

Padô

Smash Lord
IMO, a LGL would definetely make the MK players to think twice before planking but as DMG said, it wouldn't solve the problem.

This is a tough issue to debate, honestly I think the SBR still haven't agreed into a LGL because they believe it can be, somehow, "fixed" by some other way.

One of those ways could be having more active judges watching the sets but, as everybody knows, some people are really different from others and may judge wrongly/correctly some decisions took by the players in game. Another one, is to count down how many ledgegrabs your opponent did in a row and determine a limit to "how many ledgegrabs in a row you can do" but this would mess up with the ledgegame if you think about it, some characters can be just safe by executing ledge drop/hop attacks...

As you can see I mentioned two possibilities, but they all seem to have it's flaws so it gets really hard to determine some rule to limit it because it seems we'd affect directly the actual metagame and it's evolution and those must be CONSERVED.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Because adding a LGL doesn't guarantee you solve a problem. Think about it Bassem; scrooging bypasses the LGL pretty easily. Not only that, but you know someone is gonna say something when the MK grabs the edge 39 or 44 times and gets the win. I remember having this conversation with you about Genesis. Dojo vs Larry, he grabs the edge 34 times and the limit was like 35 or 40 IIRC. Now although it was clear Dojo wasn't stalling, let's say that the LGL was 30. Under those rules, he would have lost. 5 Edge grabs may not seem like a big difference, but that shows you how even something as small as what number of edge grabs you impose as the limit can significantly impact the outcome of a match.
Cant you just grab the ledge on the other side of the stage to prevent scrooging? I havent actually seen anyone scrooge successfully. And grabbing the ledge 39 times when the ledge grab limit is 40 means the mk won. There's nothing to complain about. The LGL wouldnt be 40 plus or minus 5. It would be 40, a clear cut number that the game keeps track of.

Thats like saying malcolm can complain about that match at mlg where he only had 1 more second left and he would have won by time. He didnt last the extra second so he lost. Theres nothing to be said if a definite rule is instituted.

As for the dojo vs larry match, if the lgl was 30, dojo wouldnt have grabbed the ledge 34 times but 29 times instead. Like what if the time limit was 7 minutes instead of 8. malcolm would have won his set at mlg. People will adapt to the new rule and it will help stop planking.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Most characters aren't fast enough to get to the other side of the stage before MK. I know Wario definitely isn't, neither on his bike or in the air... and, since it's MK, he can cancel his glide mid stage and then just recover back from where he came if the other person is covering ground faster than him. You can't stop it if they don't want it stopped and do it right, lol.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
There's a rule that should be in more rulesets. It's against scrooging.

In that particular rule, the MK iirc must land an attack on the opponent after no more than 2 (number could be altered) glides.

Top Bottom