• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Throwing your bike does nothing to stop MK from planking, in fact it just leaves you open to be attacked.

Bassem, watch the infamous Mew2King vs CO18. Successful scrooging, there you go.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
it should be 25-30

is warios d-tilt good? and when is the best time to use it? set up combos or punishment?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's mediocre, but it's usable once people are about 70% or so to prop them in the air and get good position over them. Dash attack also becomes viable around this percentage.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lol, but that just sounds like a very rare and unfortunate thing to happen.

It sounds funny too, just super saiyan.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Cant you just grab the ledge on the other side of the stage to prevent scrooging? I havent actually seen anyone scrooge successfully. And grabbing the ledge 39 times when the ledge grab limit is 40 means the mk won. There's nothing to complain about. The LGL wouldnt be 40 plus or minus 5. It would be 40, a clear cut number that the game keeps track of.

Thats like saying malcolm can complain about that match at mlg where he only had 1 more second left and he would have won by time. He didnt last the extra second so he lost. Theres nothing to be said if a definite rule is instituted.

As for the dojo vs larry match, if the lgl was 30, dojo wouldnt have grabbed the ledge 34 times but 29 times instead. Like what if the time limit was 7 minutes instead of 8. malcolm would have won his set at mlg. People will adapt to the new rule and it will help stop planking.
What I am saying Bassem is that the number you choose WILL affect the game. 40 has a different impact from 30, and even 35. As you also said, people will adapt to the new rule, AKA M2K showing people something that should have been obvious, that MK can abuse flying under the stage to shave off time for free without using edge grabs. So now instead of regular planking, you have planking with some scrooging involved to make up for whatever time they need. It doesn't fix the problem, it just requires the other person to think better and realize when they need to shave off time gliding. Unless you wanna now implement a Anti MK gliding rule, at which point you are already interfering with the game to the point that you might as well ban him. It's easier to say "Don't play this character" than strip him one by one of anything he has that people think is too good, just to have him somewhat on the same level as the other characters. Down B is one thing, but once you seriously think about banning or limiting how much he can glide, then there is a problem.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Actually scrooging is stalling, SBR is just showing its bias by not qualifying it as such. Jiggs rising pounds under the stage are considered stalling yet this doesn't get included in that ruleset for some reason, lol.

Padô

Smash Lord
Dair > Nair > Jab > Grab >?Throw (On lower percentages)

*Works on YI, Halberd, Frigate...* Fallthrough Platform Uair > Uair(if opponent land on the platform) > Nair > FSmash (On Lower percentages)

Nair 1st hit > Silly Wario Walk > FTilt (On slightly higher %s)

@DMG

Just being DMG.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
hey guys, when wario dittos, do u actually respect that 'no grab release to waft' thing? cause sadly i do not abide by that. I was just wondering if that's disrespectful to the wario community.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
phantom will u be at Columbus? if we meet in brackets and wario ditto, we will shake hands, agreeing not to grab release fart. but on your last life, im going to grab release fart :)

lol just messin.

hunger!

Smash Champion
If the other wario agrees to no grab releases. ill agree for sure.

In doubles, i wont do it first. but if it happens to me, all hell breaks loose.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
@bebi

R u going to Columbus??? And if so your gonna use wario over your MK???
i will know this weekend if i have enough money 2 go. birthday is next Monday :)

i will use wario when ever i have to fight an mk or maybe snake.

its sad that i do better at wario vs mk mu than i do in an mk ditto :(

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
on falco

Dair > Dair > Uair > pivot grab > Pummel > cg > charge fsmash *since they usually sidestep*

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I will never again abide by the grab release code of conduct unless it is a friendly friendly.

Damage Points

Smash Ace
i will know this weekend if i have enough money 2 go. birthday is next Monday :)

i will use wario when ever i have to fight an mk or maybe snake.

its sad that i do better at wario vs mk mu than i do in an mk ditto :(
no you just dont know the MK matchup and a lot of the NC MK's play weird ive noticed... your the only one who plays like the pro MK's.

Top Bottom