• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Hits at frame 9 through 21, if your opponent manages to spotdodge the entire move, it'll end up with a situation reset unless they timed it VERY well.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
actually most characters can spotdodge the entire thing. Give a character 20 invincibility frames and entirely doable. Unless you auto cancel it, they might have a frame advantage on you too.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dair on shield isn't bad. It's just not as good as once thought.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
How do you kill when they perfect sheild every single KO move... besides Fthrowing at 160+%, of course.

Padô

Smash Lord
Maybe you are forcing into a kill move too much. Wait for the right opening and act FAST, or just use some safer setups, which aren't guaranteed, but still gives you a good margin of success, for example instead of FSmashing try to jab > FSmash it gives you a good frame advantage if he shields it.

Maybe your opponent is abusing from that flaw you are commiting, maybe you should bait him a little bit more?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
fsmash - perfect shielded
ftilt - power sheilded
waft - ...sometimes sheilded, really a mixup here
clap - can't land, usually outranged/outprioritized or sometimes it's decayed
bait - ...projectiles

And I can't manage to jab to fsmash well, it almost always comes out as a full jab.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You realize that perfect shields are the same thing as power shields, right?

Also, waft should never miss, use it as a punishing move on their lag, that's what I used to do, it's why I always landed those things.

Like I said, though, if you're having trouble w/ that **** its' b/c you're being too obvious/straightforward.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
you cant just throw out kill moves, or else they will never hit lol

if they perfect shield it that means you were too obvious with it

be less predictable and mix up kill moves because if they don't know what you're about to do its a lot harder to avoid.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I could've sworn perfect sheilding was when it's one hit where the sheild doesn't change, while power sheilding was holding sheild down and getting smaller from an attack.

Worst comes to worse I throw out a few kill moves because I'm losing by a lot, clock is running down, etc. I just don't see how they can't expect a kill move coming. I know Bassem does those dropping uairs, but I... don't know how to really become unpredictable. It doesn't sound easy to learn, but this is probably preventing me from getting to the next level. Other people have told me I was a bit predictable as well, actually. I only know a couple mindgamey moves such as dairing after dthrowing, but I can't exactly do the opposite of the expected in other ways.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Sure you can. I always did the unexpected... you know how many "WTF!?"s I'd hear while playing? More than I could enjoy at any given moment :p Just always do something different. If you can spare it, do something risky, it often pays off b/c it's not the safe, most "predictable" option. I once won a doubles set against Dojo/Van Jones by Dsmashing after a whiffed bite or something to that effect.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
what are the inputs for pulling the bike out and then immediately falling off of it? i hate getting things inconsistently

whats the fastest way to break the bike once its on the ground? (dair seems safest?)

why doesnt holding L/R for the cg on spacies/dk/ect work? why do you have to flick it? lol that doesnt make sense to me

does jab->fsmash true combo? i thought it only worked the op was in the air but ^^^ post at the top of the page suggests otherwise

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
jab fsmash doesnt actually work but people fall for it anyways

you have to buffer a grab for the CG so you cant just hold the grab input

to instant wipe out you smash diagonally down away from the way you're biking as soon as you start (doesnt work 100% of the time)

break it by throwing it up or down, throwing it forward doesnt damage the bike

Orion*

Smash Researcher
you have to buffer a grab for the CG so you cant just hold the grab input
i want to hold the turn around input like not the grab inpuut like.

if i dthrow DK, tilt the stick the op direction and just wait and then buffer grab on the last 10 frames. i did this today and it seemed to work fine.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228427

k9 was a little unclear in just holding back would work so i wanted confirmation

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't think holding the direction and buffering the grab only will work and here's why:

If you hold that input for awhile before the buffer window you want, you are not guaranteed to have it occur as soon as possible. Take shielding for example. Did you know there is a difference between airdodging into the ground and holding L/R to shield, and airdodging into the ground and buffering the Shield?

Also, because of this: If you are holding a button, the game will not do your input until it can. If you buffer something while holding an input, the game is gonna have that come out first.

If you hold left/right when trying to CG, and buffer the grab, what will happen is that even though you inputted the direction first, the grab will come out first because you buffered it.

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
how u do a retreating fair yea noob question but i dont how to do this.

I assume is by pressing y and a almost at the same time. But not sure

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Who the **** is DSF. I played Judo and DEHF in bracket, DQ'd to some random Cali Falco, and then lost to Big Lou. That's it. That's why Im pissed. Three whole matches.

DISCUSS. No not really because that's giving me attention which I totally don't deserve. Anyways felt like clearing that up, I didn't even meet Tyrant or DSF in bracket. I did play King Beef in a 5 dollar MM tho... :3

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
That falco you were gonna play was sky, this obnoxious guy from west coast.

DSF didn't go, and do you really not know who he is?!

Good job beating DEHF btw :]

Top Bottom