• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Uthrow should indeed be used way more often at very low percents, fthrowing Falco, Snake or Fox at low percentages will just allow them to DI downwards and get their footing back while there's nothing you can do about it. Uthrow's damage is still respectable, and in those kind of situations it's just way more profitable than fthrow.

Of course at higher percentages, your opponent does not have the luxury to DI downwards, and fthrow tends to be superior.
Very true. I think people just use fthrow because it does the most damage. 12% iirc. Uthrow is warios second strongest throw doing 10% so its definetly a good alternative. Plus fthrow is a good kill move against some characters so keeping it fresh is a good idea.

Excellence

Smash Champion
So... I was playing Brawl for a long time today and I was starting to anaylze and watch a lot of the things that I have problems with. What I noticed is that I tend to have a really though time with characters and players who abuse really tough walls in front of them. Characters like Peach who Turnip Slide away then DAir and FAir anything that comes in front or below them, ROBs who limit retreat with that **** Gyro then F-Tilt and Laser me away, Pikachu's that camp thundershocks then wall me with FAir and retreat with weird QACs, and smart Lucario's who never touch the ground long enough for me to hit them back. The point is all of those walls give me a huge problem.

What are some good ways of dealing with walling in general. I don't want well this attack beats this and that attack beats that because I know all of that. I just need to know how to be more mobile as a Wario and control the space available to him more effectively. Thanks <3

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It varies from 12 and 13%

You can do both fresh.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER AS;LDK;A

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Dealing with some of the walling you note is not all that hard, just squeeze in the time windows in which you get free punishes (believe me, they're there). Sometimes it requires a bit more effort, though I won't go into detail at this time, my apologies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Actually Lucario tends to want to be grounded more than usual against Wario. Lucario in the air isn't that strong against Wario because of how fast he moves. His hitboxes are janky enough for Wario to outmaneuver him in a lot of different directions. Lucario on the ground is harder to get through/past than in the air IMO. That's just how it feels to me whenever I play Trela or Lee or others.

Padô

Smash Lord
It varies from 12 and 13%

You can do both fresh.

Saying that it 'varies' is kinda wrong, I'd say some moves got 'broken' percentage, if you go to training mode(which does not stale your moves) try to FThrow someone 2 times in a row and the second/third one will do 13%, Fthrow got its percentage on like 12,4% or 12,5%, this kind of perentage is very usual on Brawl.

InB4Quoting:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The game varies between picking 12% or 13%. Just as a 1 stale Fthrow can sometimes do 10% when it should do 11%.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
LIKE I SAID, FLARBLE

Don't make me get a video to show you all

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
new AT: i call it "busy bombing"

basically if diddy is trying to recover from below you do a drop down dair then foot stool him after for a guaranteed kill

it pretty much makes the matchup 75:25 wario's favor since diddy has 0% chance of recovery

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Hmm has anyone ever got caught by pikas dthrow infinate? *on platforms in a certain postion*.
Crap almost cost me a set lol :(
Also i hate characters like pika and kirby because they are such small targets to hit.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Hmm has anyone ever got caught by pikas dthrow infinate? *on platforms in a certain postion*.
Crap almost cost me a set lol :(
Also i hate characters like pika and kirby because they are such small targets to hit.
LMAo pika has to be on the edge of a platform for that **** too work......

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

Padô

Smash Lord
@DMG

Try to 1st Jab with Wario and FThrow, it will ALWAYS do 13%.

@TBTC

I got something similar recorded... If the diddy player tries to diddy hump back to the ledge while recovering and you edge hog this right when he tries it you can drop and footstool him to punish his SideB afterlag, hopefully this video is comming up...

Damage Points

Smash Ace
My grab game is decent but I'd like to grab more. Most of my grams come off nairs into a grab or me spot dodging. What's the best way to get wario more grabs since he's got t Rex arms??

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
My grab game is decent but I'd like to grab more. Most of my grams come off nairs into a grab or me spot dodging. What's the best way to get wario more grabs since he's got t Rex arms??
Ask the other person if you can grab them. Most of the time they will just say yes.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
@DMG

Try to 1st Jab with Wario and FThrow, it will ALWAYS do 13%.

@TBTC

I got something similar recorded... If the diddy player tries to diddy hump back to the ledge while recovering and you edge hog this right when he tries it you can drop and footstool him to punish his SideB afterlag, hopefully this video is comming up...
a good diddy will pull his foot out and kick you and if that misses then they use their second jump so i dunno if that will work

also i was trollin about my "new AT" but i did do it to felix lmao

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
So I got 3 stocked by Pikapika on RC.

Obv. he's the first good Pika I've faced. But I have no idea what to do about a wall of bairs he made, no idea how to punish that stuff.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
So I got 3 stocked by Pikapika on RC.

Obv. he's the first good Pika I've faced. But I have no idea what to do about a wall of bairs he made, no idea how to punish that stuff.
Im going to do my best here, Basically, Pikachus bair is the worst of Warios problems, the best way to approach the wall is to just let it happen, dont approach with any haste, lay back in the cut and just wait. Because of this you cant really let pika get a big lead. If you have to Run in on that wall be sure to use A lot of caution wait for the hitbox to fade and nair, also nair OOS works pretty good against it if they just bair onto your shield which i doubt PikaPika would do. but if it happends, definetly go for it.

Also, on RC you cant let Jolt wall get to you, jab clanks with it and with Warios aerial mobility you can get around it. But the infinite on the ledge is a big deal on that stage sometimes, the moving element sort of keeps it from going the full way and really screwing you up.

Also thunder is a pain but im more than sure you probably dont struggle with that.

tedeth

Smash Master
Has anyone tried using d-throw -> buffered jab -> regrab?

It could be another useful mixup from a dthrow.

If they spotdodge, you will still have time to regrab them, if they roll towards you, you will have time to turn around and grab them. If they sheild, they will PS it, but they would need to be fair fast to get anything out before your grab.

Works good on a fair few characters potentially..

Padô

Smash Lord
Yes. I tried that a couple times. But, as Masky said, there are some characters that can overcome it really easily by just holding the shield button or just jab out of it (Snake) or grab you (DDD) or Bair you (Peach), I've landed on Falcos Jab > FSmash but thats why they messed up SDI on the Jab...

tedeth

Smash Master
Well yeah. Of course there are ways to overcome it. I'm not arguing that it's a true combo or anything. I'm saying it could be a good mixup.

People often use dthrow then dash to cover the options of shield, spotdodge with a pivot grab or roll away with a dash grab. The jab could just be yet another mixup that could be used.

Top Bottom