• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
1. bair SUCKS in this matchup for rob
2. if marth is 40-60 mk is 35-65 because mk is def worse

bassem6

Smash Lord
1. bair SUCKS in this matchup for rob
2. if marth is 40-60 mk is 35-65 because mk is def worse
A rob using retreating bairs is definitely tricky to approach, I wouldn't say bair sucks by any means at all. Sure, like any other move, it can get predictable but a smart rob players knows when to use it to give wario a hard time.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah same. I got to play Hugs at Genesis a bit, and the most annoying thing ROB has is the spacing on his ground game, not his air game. Hugs had phenomenal spacing on his Ftilt that felt near pixel perfect that was kind of like WTF stop doing that so good lol.

Padô

Smash Lord
BAir is not the issue.

The ROB is camping under a ****ing platform and FTilting him all day. That's the issue. Try to work some more the dropthrough platforms approaches (Bite, Uair, Nair) and then put him in the air and abuse the hell of it :)

That's all I gotta say, nothing much to add. Ike plays like that also, Snakes, DDDs, Marths and MKs OBVIOUSLY.

Sting, don't you EVER rely on BAir, If it was me I'd Powershield all SH Bairs and than proceed to punish you with Fair/Nair/Bair(if you are on my back) OoS.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Yeah srsly Robs ftilt, jab and dtilt **** wario alive on the ground. Bair if spaced correctly is unpunishable because becaue rob can ftilt afterwards but if you depend on it to much it can be easily punished. His projectiles are annoying as well *especailly gyro*. But once you get a hold of it his camping camp is pretty much none exsitant

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Don't let him get the lead. Strike BF and then ban it if you have to. just walk up and shield his tilts. You also have to bait him if you know that he's trying to space with tilts. Bait them then punish them.
I personally love BF against ROB. If you're using the platforms well enough for camping, ROB has a hard time doing stuff to you.

Basically, do what AL says. That part of your ROB matchup seems like a big thing you should work on. Also, if you're conditioning the ROB to shield dair approaches, biting is always a wonderful option. ROBs generally like to sit in their shield long enough to not get hit by the dair.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Marth sucks the MU is either even or slighty in Wario's favor. GR helps marths a lot in this mU. With out it way in Wario's favor. I'd rather play any amount of Marth's than MKs.

ROB bair blows if the Wario is getting hit by it he's being too predictable.

@TheOGbot the reason why I suggested he'd strike BF and then ban it is because he said the ROB was camping under the platforms. If the rob is going to play that game then take him to a stage where that's not an option and remove that option from him at the process. It's not as though he can CP you and his best stage (frigate) Is one of Wario's better stage.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
wario beats rob 6:4 you should try like, mixing up approaches so he can't ftilt (or even bair LMAO, what are you stupid?) every time.

ROB is bad and you guys dont even have to worry about good ROBs b/c you don't know any

Also masky probably knows the most about the ROB matchup

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Wait its 2010 and people still depend on bite?
yay mangz I heard its good against shields and spot dodges. Who woulda thought ?

It's funny how you want to be mature when I **** talk ally yet you can be immature in your response to other people. You're such a tool.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
lmao i was joking. In all seriousness bite is super useful against shield and spotdodges like you said, if your biting that. but i see wario players just jumping around and biting and getting like, hit with snake f smashes lmao. bite is mad over rated.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
lmao i was joking. In all seriousness bite is super useful against shield and spotdodges like you said, if your biting that. but i see wario players just jumping around and biting and getting like, hit with snake f smashes lmao. bite is mad over rated.
Na bite is good really good it's scary how good that move is. I'm not even joking I'm dead *** bite is a very good move.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
We're not playing a spam friendly character though. I don't think Wario has a move that he can spam.

amazing use of the bite.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1rrvYjYing&feature=channel
uhg, that clown..
i saw that it was by waft oli and immediately closed the video
^^ THIS guy... is right.
Poor Waft-Oliver, getting so much hate.
waft oli is getting the **** until he attends a real tourney. Ima keep giving him the ****

You know, masky's.. The one i ride 25 hours of the day

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bite is a bad Wario move IMO except against characters who really struggle against it.

That list is quite small.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
hmm...
Id say against characters who matter its good against

Snake, wario dittos *kind of*, ddd, olimar and diddy

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No

It's only good against DK, Falcon (you fall with it certain ways like retreating), and ZSS.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Actually you guys have said alot of times that bite is very useful against ddd.

Olimar likes to hide behind his shield alot as well.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
As long as every character in the game uses their shield and spot dodges it has a use against all of them.

Top Bottom