• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's Week 16 Matchup REDISCUSSION: MetaKnight

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I phrased that incorrectly.

But I guess you can say that.

EDIT: CPU, I really and truly hope that's sarcasm.

CO18

Smash Hero
Its actually very true i was bad at the mu rofl afros wario used to beat when he mained him while seibrik ***** him cuz he knew the mu even though i was quite a bit better d3

But the mu is dumb and no u cant just double jump dair bair... You act as if ddd cant react/sh bairing has massive lag or something lol.

Warios free for d3 unless his goal is to time him out like i said but d3 still wins

bassem6

Smash Lord
saying that you hit someone with a kill move means you kill them

you call it a kill move outside of a game context because its used for killing

get it right
Well, I dont think of it that way. I think of certain moves, EG snakes f-smash OR mk's f-smash as moves BEST suited for killing. And moves like this are what I refer to as kill moves. Theres no point in debating over silly semantics though.

Fiction and Futile will always be the only 2 warios who know what they're talking about
Woah bud, A little too much west coast pride there dont you think?

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
cpu is just mah buddy ;)

also guys seriously wario can get way more percent -> kill after grabs or after any hit than ddd can. he can just combo him all day

T3h Albino

Smash Master
who are you and teba...? :confused:
CPU is arguably the best d3 on the WC
and Teba is the former best D3 on the WC, who I thought quit D3 and mains MK..?

He 1 of the 4 D3s on the WC.

Boj,Teba,CPU,Beef,Junk....

lolwut

a kill move means it kills you

>_>

also you guys cant john out of me beating co18 twice, atomsk , and then lain

all without dropping a set a genesis last year and then just be like well

roffly poffly

i didnt know the matchup obviously so now when we havent played each other in forever imma say it doesnt count

seriously man up

-_-
As if people don't learn more about matchups and their characters options over years of experience. Not to discredit you, however whether you want to believe it or not people do get better, and learn different things about this game.

Fiction and Futile will always be the only 2 warios who know what they're talking about
0____o
There are a lot of good warios, and a lot of them do know what they're talking about.

sup im west coast and i got something to say
Lol'd

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
CPU is arguably the best d3 on the WC
and Teba is the former best D3 on the WC, who I thought quit D3 and mains MK..?
Tyrant, and also tyrant, maybe junk...

DDD matchup discussion!
GO GO GO

DDD wins
gg

cp mk
profit :D
a good D3 won't lose to someones ****ty secondary MK, as bad as the matchup is.

imo it'd be more reliable to pick up ICs

on a related note, ICs **** warios problem matchups (D3, falco, even marth and EVEN CF lmao) the only thing thats left is peach and peach is a bad character

praxis praxis praxis praxis praxis

CO18

Smash Hero
wario ***** peach just use bike leon according to ally is def the best peach and actually ***** ally the one friendly set they had but to gluttony hes freeon and has to use marf

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
wario ***** peach use bike leon according to ally is def the best peach and hes freeon to gluttony
use DACUS!

also peach is just going to bair all day because she has nothing else so you know what to expect >_>

also she cant stop you from timing her out

praxis praxis praxis praxis praxis praxis

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
this thread should go from the MK discussion to the wario match up discussion. d3 doesn't beat Wario. sorry who every thinks that.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Tyrant, and also tyrant, maybe junk...

a good D3 won't lose to someones ****ty secondary MK, as bad as the matchup is.

imo it'd be more reliable to pick up ICs

on a related note, ICs **** warios problem matchups (D3, falco, even marth and EVEN CF lmao) the only thing thats left is peach and peach is a bad character

praxis praxis praxis praxis praxis
...lol pls stop with that nonsense.

this thread should go from the MK discussion to the wario match up discussion. d3 doesn't beat Wario. sorry who every thinks that.
Uhh.....

Puma's gonna be pissed at how much i'm using that lately but oh well.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
...lol pls stop with that nonsense.

Uhh.....

Puma's gonna be pissed at how much i'm using that lately but oh well.
Good sir I don't know you or who you main but I'll take you this if don't go d3 vs any wario you come across if they're even halfway decent they won't lose to you.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i dont think you can pick up ddd and expect to **** wario. Only a ddd main that is experienced in the matchup should beat a good wario.

Kind of like G&w and mks. If you second mk your more likely to lose because most G&w's know that matchup like the back of their hands. But mk mains > G&w mains.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Yeah i dont think you can pick up ddd and expect to **** wario. Only a ddd main that is experienced in the matchup should beat a goo wario.

Kind of like G&w and mks. If you second mk your more likely to lose because most G&w's know that matchup like the back of their hands. But mk mains > G&w mains.
I'll disagree with this even experienced d3's who know the MU should still lose.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
@Masky: I think he's saying use the bike like an item. Like throw it at her, or break it and use the tires to fight her.

Sky`

Smash Lord
After picking up wario for like 2 months ish, I went to a tournament yesterday and beat Sean, the MK in norcal who's currently ranked 3, and has been top 3 for a long time.
Does that give me any credit that maybe I'm figuring something out about this MU?

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
You're just a smart player. I've never seen your opinions on the MK matchup, though.

It's also great to know that a 2-month Wario is better than my 7-month Wario. YEEEEE

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
After picking up wario for like 2 months ish, I went to a tournament yesterday and beat Sean, the MK in norcal who's currently ranked 3, and has been top 3 for a long time.
Does that give me any credit that maybe I'm figuring something out about this MU?
nope sorry try again.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
AlmostTrolling, go away. You aren't contributing anything other than telling people your opinion is right and no one else's makes any sense. If you have enough evidence to back up your argument, I bet many would actually take what you're saying seriously.

/giving in to troll

Sky, I would actually really like to hear your take on the MU. I've been having problems with this matchup, and any outline in general on what I should do would be greatly appreciated. Last time I asked, most people only took the part of me playing the reading game against the MK and talked about that XD

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I'm finding empty retreating shorthop to actually work really well, I'm with Sky on this one. The higher level of play you get to, the worse it works out though. But it's safe overall, and is kind of a no-risk potentially low reward move. Useless if you don't have a lead though.

Sky`

Smash Lord
It's not useless if you don't have a lead. MK will rarely hit you one time, and then camp for the rest of the game. Though it's possible and you guys will say it happens due to sheer possibility, it's not probable. If you SH toward an MK, he's not just gonna hold shield, Chances are you will aggravate him enough to where he Fairs, and then you can continue SHing backward.

It's not useless if you're not in the lead. You just have to think about it.

And if you care to hear, I'll type what I think about MK, well I did earlier, Check 5 pages back.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
wario ***** peach just use bike leon according to ally is def the best peach and actually ***** ally the one friendly set they had but to gluttony hes freeon and has to use marf
Ally hasn't played me :3

Alas, I'm gonna suck come Apex-time with my complete lack of sleep and practice due to a lawsuit. :( (me being the one suing)

I've watched Leon play and I don't know what to make of it. He seems impressive in some matchups and somewhat lackluster in others. Like, watching him fight Marth is just... :/ But other matchups he does great.

CO18, Peach beats Wario solidly. Why use Bike? Peach's item control is excellent :/

use DACUS!

also peach is just going to bair all day because she has nothing else so you know what to expect >_>

also she cant stop you from timing her out

praxis praxis praxis praxis praxis praxis
No, that's just what I do to you because it works and you lose to it. :)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I love when Warios use their bike against me. Free move refresher, he's easier to gimp/edgeguard, and it's clear where his focal point will be. If it breaks...even better; we're not MK when it comes to item control, we'll make him eat his own tire strategy. By all means keep doing it. <3

Any Warios who think Peach will only bair him all day (or only has bair against him) don't know how the matchup works at all beyond a low level of play.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I'm finding empty retreating shorthop to actually work really well, I'm with Sky on this one. The higher level of play you get to, the worse it works out though. But it's safe overall, and is kind of a no-risk potentially low reward move. Useless if you don't have a lead though.
You seem to be contradicting yourself. So does it work or is it ineffective at high levels of play ?

@TheOgbot cry moar about my post.....

Top Bottom