• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's Week 16 Matchup REDISCUSSION: MetaKnight

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

Any Warios who think Peach will only bair him all day (or only has bair against him) don't know how the matchup works at all beyond a low level of play.
Or they lost to me, and never figured out how to get around Bair.

If they don't figure it out, I just keep using it and win *shrug*

Then you get people like toobusytocare with the "All Peach does is bair, so predictable!!1" (but still loses the match ;) )

When they do figure it out, then we get interesting guessing games that Peach tends to win more often than not.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

Then you get people like toobusytocare with the "All Peach does is bair, so predictable!!1" (but still loses the match ;) )

When they do figure it out, then we get interesting guessing games that Peach tends to win more often than not.
Yeah exactly, same here. Why change it up if they like to eat her *** that much? xD

Very true, a lot of said guessing games will involve the use of both characters' nairs the most out of all of their aerials from my experience, and a lot of shield pressure/OoS guessing games more than anything.

On a side note: Blue Rogue is reluctant to go Wario against me anymore. He goes MK now. One down, I'm shooting for Krystedez next, even though he's legit and 1-0 against me from a MM set so far. ;)

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
So you've played krystedez and you still believe that warios item control sucks? MADNESS!!!!

Also bike does help in the matchup. Peach has a heck of a time recovering with it.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

I remember in the mU thread you just screamed bair bair bair 40-60 peach...what are these other things peach can do to wario? I also think you said something about GR....*shrugs* funny how bair doesn't matter anymore what's changeD?

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Peach doesn't just need to Back-Air... Turnips make it hard for us to approach and she has so many GR shenanigans on us it's ridiculous.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
So you've played krystedez and you still believe that warios item control sucks? MADNESS!!!!

Also bike does help in the matchup. Peach has a heck of a time recovering with it.
I said Wario's item control sucks? Care to quote me on that?

Well sure, assuming the Peach is an idiot and runs right into it while she's offstage (while in the meantime...witnessing Wario spawn/grab the bike, carry it over, and prepare to throw it :laugh: ). Try again.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
I love when Warios use their bike against me. Free move refresher, he's easier to gimp/edgeguard, and it's clear where his focal point will be. If it breaks...even better; we're not MK when it comes to item control, we'll make him eat his own tire strategy. By all means keep doing it. <3

Any Warios who think Peach will only bair him all day (or only has bair against him) don't know how the matchup works at all beyond a low level of play.
You didnt say it bluntly but still i sense you hating on warios item control. Wario is great with tires. If you approuch with dair we can throw it at yo face :p

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You didnt say it bluntly but still i sense you hating on warios item control. Wario is great with tires. If you approuch with dair we can throw it at yo face :p
Don't operate on hunches.

I think you need to play better Peaches. Your impression of what she does is kind of ehh... :laugh:

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Im not saying this matchup is easy. Heck its a pain in the mother freaking rear. Im just saying bike DOES help alot in the matchup. Ive played lldowns and his peach and when i try to do the normal gimmicky wario stuff i get *****. But when i play more campy and use tires and bike a little more than usual i saw a great improvement. Btw how did krystedez's tires and bike usage affect your mm?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You guys do know Peach beats Wario right? Nothing harder than 6:4, but it's definitely there lol.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Ally hasn't played me :3

Alas, I'm gonna suck come Apex-time with my complete lack of sleep and practice due to a lawsuit. :( (me being the one suing)

I've watched Leon play and I don't know what to make of it. He seems impressive in some matchups and somewhat lackluster in others. Like, watching him fight Marth is just... :/ But other matchups he does great.

CO18, Peach beats Wario solidly. Why use Bike? Peach's item control is excellent :/

No, that's just what I do to you because it works and you lose to it. :)
ive never played your peach with wario, lol

Excellence

Smash Champion
I think that defensive Meta Knight's are a lot more dangerous than aggressive ones because they don't get shield *****, swat Wario away easily, and can poke us back. Then again, I'm ********, so why doesn't someone else talk.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
lol wtf excellence why would you think that? not really a good thing to think about yourself :/

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
ive never played your peach with wario, lol
Huh? Yes you have >_>

I remember in the mU thread you just screamed bair bair bair 40-60 peach...what are these other things peach can do to wario? I also think you said something about GR....*shrugs* funny how bair doesn't matter anymore what's changeD?
lol nothing's changed in the slightest. Bair is Peach's best tool against Wario. I just enjoy simplifying the matchup when I explain it xD Just look at how I talk about G&W (what a bad character).

Bair shuts Wario down. Wario can space around bair, but doing so creates guessing games that favor Peach. So, bair bair bair, react to Wario, bair bair bair.

When I play Fiction, there's a lot more of the reacting.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Huh? Yes you have >_>

lol nothing's changed in the slightest. Bair is Peach's best tool against Wario. I just enjoy simplifying the matchup when I explain it xD Just look at how I talk about G&W (what a bad character).

Bair shuts Wario down. Wario can space around bair, but doing so creates guessing games that favor Peach. So, bair bair bair, react to Wario, bair bair bair.

When I play Fiction, there's a lot more of the reacting.
Can Wario bite peach out of her bair?

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
haha Praxis was like my rival for a loooong time. he used to **** me before i learned how to not get grabbed, and last time i played against him was at tourneyplay 4. the match was soooooooooooo close!

imo the mu is 50/50. i really didn't have a problem getting around bair, but maybe he just wasn't using the bair wall strategy to it's fullest. praxis you gotta go to gameclucks sometime.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Can Wario bite peach out of her bair?
Yes, but if Peach falls on top of Wario with unsweetspotted bair while he's biting it's a grab.

Grab = 23% double-hit nair or a usmash that kills at 95%.

haha Praxis was like my rival for a loooong time. he used to **** me before i learned how to not get grabbed, and last time i played against him was at tourneyplay 4. the match was soooooooooooo close!

imo the mu is 50/50. i really didn't have a problem getting around bair, but maybe he just wasn't using the bair wall strategy to it's fullest. praxis you gotta go to gameclucks sometime.

I can't go to GameClucks anymore really :/ I work Saturday mornings now. I can make local stuff off of work, but if I'm going to get a day off for a tournament, it's gonna be something I'm travelling to (a la Apex).

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Im starting to think its around 100% or 105%.
Ive survived from grab release upsmash on sv at 98%. I barely did it but i managed to survive. I honestly still think warios uair is a good di option but i guess thats always good to be just me :(.

Also if peach doesnt get a grab she has a really hard time killing wario but her damage racking ablities make up for it.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I really don't think Peach's damage racking ability is anything to worry about. Wario's mobility makes ground game and easy to react to things aren't even that effective against him. The only thing that I do see Peach doing and being successful with is playing keep away and waiting for grabs. FAir will take forever to kill Wario and if she's relying on NAir OOS then that will porbably take a while too. BAir doesn't seem like something you want to be aggressive with because Wario can just keep running or punish any mistakes that you make.

I dunno. Like I said, I'm ********.

Top Bottom