• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WATO14 - Charlie Sheen Doesn't Want Your Acronyms ft. Mew2King

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
WATO14
Charlie Sheen Doesn't Want Your Acronyms

---An Orlando Melee and Brawl Tournament---

It's been a while since the last one, and honestly, I miss hosting these.

With Spring Break happening now, it's the perfect time to get training and spend some quality time Smashing with the Bros. SFL recently had great attendance for their Melee tournament, which I missed but was nevertheless glad to hear happened. Of course, Brawl is big as well, with Gallax and GDX hosting their UCF events and ESAM hosting his monthlies.

This WATO, the 14th of its kind and the..30th (?) I think I've hosted. This tournament is dedicated to two things:

1) FL's performance at Pound 5. No, I'm not just talking about Seibrik getting third or myself doing the same with a ****ing stomach virus. No, I'm talking about the comradery. FL's support for their fellow players in separate games. Stuff is awesome.

2) Charlie Sheen, praising our new overlord.

So come on over for Smash, fun times, and *drumroll* food that will be cooked for the players.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

rules and details and chipotle

1. cost
  2. time
  3. ruleset
  4. numers
  5. etc

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

COST

$5 Door Fee*

Melee Singles = $5
Melee Doubles = $10 for each Team ($5 a person)

Brawl Singles = $5
Brawl Doubles = $10 for each Team ($5 a person)

Door fee must be paid or you'll be asked to leave.

Now with Project: M Side event!
$3 to enter double elimination bracket.
Side tournament will occur whenever ENOUGH players enter the event.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

TIME

Registration and Friendlies start at 11 AM.
Melee Doubles begins at 12:30 PM.
Brawl Doubles begins no later than 3:00 PM.
Melee Singles begins no later than 5:30 PM.
Brawl Singles begins no later than 8:30 PM.

Players are responsible for getting their own lunch. There is no designated lunch break.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

RULESET

The WATO Tournaments, as usual, implements the Pound 4 Ruleset.

Melee:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Brawl:

-3 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc
-Ice climber infinites are LEGAL up to 250%
-Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock): If a suicide move ends a match, the match will be reset with 1 stock each to both players on the same level. Time limit will be set to 3 minutes. Both players technically died at the same time, and that is why the match was a draw. Play out the one stock, and the winner wins that match.
-Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. 1st Stage will be chosen at random unless agreed upon by both players. Each Player will be provided one Random Reset, with the lower-seeded Player given the option to use their reset first.**
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. The winner of the previous match may announce their Stage Ban selection
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If neither Player has chosen to use their Random Reset within 3 seconds of the match starting, the match must be played out on the stage generated.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshis Island
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:
-Life Stealing is allowed
-Team attack will be set to ON
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

Additional Rules for Pools Play:
-Matches will be 3 stock
-7 Minute Time Limit
-Number of Players advancing from each pool will be dependant on number of entrants, number of players per pool, number of pools, and which round of pools it is.

All other questions of rules will be directed to me.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
ADDRESS and NUMBERS

The WATO venue is my house.

3418 Amaca Circle
Orlando, FL 32837

My phone number is 407-488-0510

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ETC

I am offering food and drink at my house, as I mentioned earlier; It comes with paying the five dollar door fee.

For those who don't necessarily want pizza:

I love Chipotle. Near my house is a plaza called THE LOOP. It has lots of stores and restaurants and places to enjoy yourself. Chipotle, Wendy's, Burger King, McDonalds, Subway, 5 Guys Burgers, Taco Bell, KFC, Little Caesars, and much more are less than 5 minutes away.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I hope you guys can make it out to these. I made the price nice and low so everyone could enter events. I encourage players to bring just $25. This covers all the events, gives you food and drink, all day smashing and chilling at my place, and a chance to win easy money back.

SETUPS
BRING THEM

Zoro

Smash Champion
Awesome
I'm glad i don't have to wait too long

hopefully skrach can do noob soon as well

Pengie

Smash Lord
Assuming nothing from some stuff that I'm doing for school comes up I, should be here to shake some of that oxidized iron off of me =)

Zoro

Smash Champion
if they are booked i think you should move it back a week

itd be cool cuz i can buy 3ds games the next day with the money id win from this :cool:

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
AHHH I'm gonna blow my head off trying to choose now x.x I wanna go to nll and hang with brawl buds, but I also love Hbox's tournies T~T but I need D-torr to help me wit stuff and he's going to nll v.v

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Yo hbox i know this is a lot of requests but...

if u hold a wato either april 8 or april 15 I'll come down

(and double the entrancee fee so the pot is doubled).

It has been 6 months since the last time Christine Ortiz promised to pay me back the 150 I have given her a long time for that small amount of money and this is the last time I will be in FL for a long while

also ill team in both games if u want

-

does anyone know how to get in contact with her? She promised to pay me back the 150 and I gave her 6 months to do it and it is now 6 months from when I said that. Someone please help me out

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
Yo hbox i know this is a lot of requests but...

if u hold a wato either april 8 or april 15 I'll come down

(and double the entrancee fee so the pot is doubled).

It has been 6 months since the last time Christine Ortiz promised to pay me back the 150 I have given her a long time for that small amount of money and this is the last time I will be in FL for a long while

also ill team in both games if u want

-

does anyone know how to get in contact with her? She promised to pay me back the 150 and I gave her 6 months to do it and it is now 6 months from when I said that. Someone please help me out
You Just answered my Prayers!

Sadly, I don't exactly know who that is. Hopefully Someone reading the post does o.o

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
i suggest to not include food at all
Why? I think I'm pretty good at making food. Why does everyone want a week back? I'm pretty sure Cheese burgers/Hot dogs chips and drink is a good idea. Juan I still say make the door fee 3 dollars and I'll think about how much I should charge for the amazing food I'm gonna serve.

Zone

Smash Champion
I might come to this, can I sleep there Juan? Also if I bring a set up is there any sort of discount to door fee?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Hmm I cannot guarantee attendance if it's 5 dollars unless a LOT of people show.

Reason being this is like 9 hour drive each way and it wouldn't be worth it

would you consider putting it to 10 entry instead? my odds would improve a lot if that is possible

Also, can somebody get lady legion to come, because I have been nice enough to give her 6 months for the 150 dollars she owes me because she promised me she would "do the right thing and pay me back"

also I am trying to get back some of the 1.2k that I lost from pound5, so if anyone donates a good sum of money to me (maybe 100 :D ) I would be very grateful and also train them like all day or 2 if they wanted. I would not be asking this type of stuff if it didn't heavily affect my life. If you are interested in helping out, send me a PM

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
I think Kyon's makin' dinner.

Plup, I'll MM you 4.7 chips
Was that really the menu? Hotdogs, hamburgers, and chips?
sweet.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
1) Ian Mooney (Cash mooney) lives in Tampa FL and I need to get my controllers from him because he doesn't want to mail them
2) Christine Ortiz owes me 150 dollars, aka Lady Legion. I gave her 6 months to pay me back this 150 dollars that I lent her back during Winterfest to go to Pound4, and she agreed. I would like to get that money back that she owes me.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
oh nice it got moved back a week. didnt even notice

in that case i'll definitely be here

Zoro

Smash Champion
1) Ian Mooney (Cash mooney) lives in Tampa FL and I need to get my controllers from him because he doesn't want to mail them
2) Christine Ortiz owes me 150 dollars, aka Lady Legion. I gave her 6 months to pay me back this 150 dollars that I lent her back during Winterfest to go to Pound4, and she agreed. I would like to get that money back that she owes me.

Maybe you should contact her before you take a trip down here

She probably doesnt have it

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
^ does not like this.
It's a compliment bro, just like how us asians are good at math!

edit, I just re-read my post. What five letter word didja think I meant? Female dog? naww
It censored "African dude". African dudes like those that can jive, play bass, and make soul food!

Top Bottom