• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WATO15 - The FINAL WATO - Orlando, FL - 7/31/11 - Results

2-DJeff

Smash Master
gallax count all my wins plz including my wins over dtorr b4 and afro. i dont like be cheated outta my rightful place

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
so um..MELEE vids are being uploaded now, ill make the thread in the next day or two.

Exdeath

Smash Master
As soon as I read this, I saw so much in common to where I am at in this game relative to the style of play of Poongko in SFIV. Now don't get me wrong, I am nowhere close to the player that Poongko is. However, we share many similarities. Like Poongko, my style of play is to overwhelm my opponent, not just by throwing random moves out but to open up my opponent's defenses. Like Poongko, I thrive in the spotlight. I want the attention. I want the challenge. I want to win, but I don't want to just win. I want to win with flare.

I don't know if Poongko is like that exactly, but in Winner's Finals against Fuudo, he had a chance to take the first round of game 1 but he decided to attempt to extend his combo rather than go for a reset and it didn't pay off in the end. Now, those who watch me play, my playstyle is presumably radical, not so much as erratic but I definitely differ myself from the norm. It's not because I want to be different, it's just how I see the game. My experience with traditional fighting games has led to this, and while I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing, it is however holding me back.

Unfortunately, the people playing this game have made this game what it is. Sure one could say that the game is the reason the game is what it is and there is truth to that. However, I'm a firm believer of exploration of depth and I don't see it. "But what about VGBC and their Metagame Minute series?" OK, what else?

Now that last statement in the quote affects me the most because Mink has brought to my attention that I have to much pride. I respect that you care Mink, I truly do and for that I'll tell you why. I put too much work in this game, without the resources that other players have, without sufficient transportation to get to places like other players have, but I'm persistent. There have been many times I ask myself why I should keep playing. However, as a competitor and one that loves work, quitting is the equivalent to failure and failure is not an option. With that said though, I will swallow my pride a bit. I can't change who I am or what got me here but I can make adjustments. I just hope those adjustments don't take away the only reason I play this game.
I don't think that there's anything wrong with choosing to play aggressively despite the game's incline toward defense. The problem is when you become so caught up in your perception of yourself that you start giving up baits/powerful positions because you mistake aggression as always coming at your opponent.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Send them to 2link. I think that I will have my SD card back this weekend, but until then my hands are tied.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
i lol'd.
Hard.

Also, I have uploaded some stuff with Xaltis, and DJ Jack, Mampam, and XDeath.
And the reward of seeing this is the whole reason i do it.

I saved that pic Mink lol

It says to me: 'Deal with it' and '**** that' at the same time haha

:rosalina:
ANd again. Its so rewarding to make people laugh. I love you guys so much.

Mink and dtorr give your replays to 2link plz

:phone:
Eh i love you too i guess. No homo.
And will do. Still unpacking over here.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
just a messenger boys x3

I don't want fingers pointed at me when people are wondering why their amazing sets aren't uploaded.

I've had a hundred people come up to me and ask to put their set up first lol.

:rosalina:

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I never complained about the time sets are being uploaded. I only complained once and that was because I was worried that my CEO sets were being separated between you and Exdeath since people saved on both the Wii and SD Card. I could give you the replays this weekend though LOL.

I give you props though Garret. If I was still uploading, I would still just upload finals first and anything else after. Everything will be uploaded eventually.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Viper is letting me use his SD card, so I can start uploading. Unfortunately, this means that all of the replays from my Wii at Kyonfest are lost right now.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I akshully don't remember anyone here going MK aside from Exdeath. I guess imma do shout outs in a min or something. Just found this *** thread.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Xaltis you went mk, seibrik went mk. Chaz whent mk, basically every white person in the top 13 went mk and won a game with them

:phone:

Top Bottom