• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We remeber...the Dojo...what was you fondest memory/update?

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Remeber all the hype, the daily updates, the stages and videos? Good times.

What was your fondest update? How did you feel? Mine was when Sonic existence in SSBB was released beacuse I was starting to think that he wasn't going to be in the game.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Pokemon Trainer.

I seriously scrolled down, read the name, scrolled up, refresh, scroll down, HOLY CRAP. It was as if the most beautiful angel in Heaven had desended to Earth and landed on my wang.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
King Dedede. I was so happy I nearly cried. :D

*Jet Hammer*
"Also, he can do this."
I also nearly cried laughing at that picture and caption.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Probably when I saw the (final) release date.

In comparison I swore and screamed when I saw Sonic was going to be in. (not kidding)

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
seeing Olimar and ROB shocked me I was thinking what's next?...Banjo Kazooie? I couldn't predict the next character anymore -_-

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
It's impossible to pick just one. I mainly remember just avidly and obsessively checking in every day to see what was coming. The announcement of Sonic did not really shock/surprise/get me excited, but I think I got most excited either with the announcement of Ike (I thought Aether was too epic to exist), or with the reveal of Mario's Down+B. I immediately concocted several schemes.

However, I never got word of a Robotnik Assist Trophy, and it never happened. Ultimate sadness...

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Sonic. I think I nearly cried. The reaction was less than or equal to N64 kids.

Unfortunately, people seem to hate Sonic or find him very annoying, which I'm not happy with at all. Sakurai did him wrong. Even Snake hates Sonic. I hate everyone. :(

Nothing else really stood out. I did have a little party in my head when Olimar and Sheik were revealed though.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Remembering all the stuff that happened in the "speculation era" brings back a lot of memories.
here are some posts I remember......

"On Dec 3 sakurai is going to give us an amazing update!!!"
to bad that update sucked :p....

"If we get another delay I'm going to kill myself!!"
that was before it got delayed to may.

BAD THINGS
The giant drought we had for 3 whole months killed a lot of people here :p.
The repeat of MK's specials >_>
The really stupid updates...

GOOD THINGS
staying up till 12 to see the updates :D

I miss the dojo :cry:

-:bowser:Bowser King

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Sonic.

Most hoped character
+ less expected character
+ presentation video
+ LIVE AND LEARN !!! YEAH !!!
=

JCMR-Brawler64

Smash Apprentice
-I dont know why, but the best update for me is when Wario appears with the classic costume. :)
-"Metaknight's Revengue" soundtrack for the Halberd. :bee:

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon Trainer. I expected it to be the perfect character. I thought he would have pretty much no bad matchups since he could change what type of character he was in an instant.

I was shocked to see that he actually was ****.

Such a great concept, such a poor way of implementing it.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Definitely the inclusion of Sonic the Hedgehog.

PS: Sonic Adventure is awesome.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
The New character updates were always fun. I was so freakin happy when I heard that Diddy, PT, Dedede, Sonic, and Olimar were in the game.

GrayPlague

Smash Apprentice
Probably a tie inbetween Ike and PT. Ike because when he was announced the FE fanboy in me was screaming YAY, especially since I thought they were going to go all "out with the old and in with the new" on us and replace Marth with Lyn or Joshua.

PT because I was yelling at the top of my lungs "HOLY CRAP, NINTENDO IS ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING NEW FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE THEY ANNOUNCED THE WIIMOTE!!!".

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
some awesome ones included Sonic..i still randomly look at his character page, and Olimar. the stage builder, which i do actually like even though alot of you dont. all the stages and music, just the hype and excitement the website created.

i remember how everybody got so pissed in between i think dedede and shiek, when NO new characters were released, and how ticked eveyrbody was when ridley was confirmed as a boss

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
I remember when they announced that Issac and Lyn were only assists....
I curled up in the feital position and cried for the whole day...
I even skipped school (just kidding I'm to much of a nerd to skip school.)

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Music: Metroid: "Vs. Ridley"

I remember playing that song over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

... and over and over and over and over and over and over...

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Well to be fair they didn't announce Isaac was. The game was out in Japan and he was missing from the roster. THAT was when I curled into said fetal position. Then we were just really pleased he got any presence at all, unlike anything else from Golden Sun.

Lyn, Little Mac, Samurai Goroh and Stafy on the other hand....

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Anyone remember waiting for Sunday and Show Me Your News?

...Cuz that's all I pretty much remember from The DOJO!!...

Commander Blizzard

Smash Apprentice
Fondest memory was when they announced the Subspace Emissary and when they announced Sonic.
TBH, I was quite surprised that Brawl was going to have an actual story. And for the Sonic update, I was surprised aswell.

JCav

Smash Lord
i just remember one of the days brawl was delayed and me and my friends were all like "i just know this update is going to be good"

and it ended up to be bonsly...

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Stage Builder.

And honestly people, it's good for making stages. It's crap for making them look good and I wish you could make it undergo transformations.

Denzi

Smash Master
OMFG Sonic!!!!1111!!!!one!!1
J/K
You must recover! was the best.

Also: I just checked out the DOJO and they have the Target test/HRC world records there.
(sorry if this is known.)

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
"You don’t have time to ponder such questions, as Link has just grabbed a Smash Ball."
Except when I say it, it comes out spastic like "You have no time to ponder such questions, as Link has just grabbed the Smashball!!!" That's what I say to my friends when we play items-on and I play Link.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Sonic update

SSE, Olimer (even though I have never played Pikmin), Custom Levels, and Multiplayer updates were nice as well.

Multiplayer mode ended up being a dissappointment however.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
hmm.... well almost exactly a year ago (Octobet 10, 2007) we got Sonic's Update which broke the most users online record here on SWF, also I remember a Snake Codec update which at the time I thought was phenomenal to see.

...yeah, good times.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
I remember how confused I was when the pt was announced. I wasn't sure how a person would use him with 3 pkmn

Top Bottom