• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We remeber...the Dojo...what was you fondest memory/update?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

Pikmin & Olimar

Resulted in this exact face:

But with screaming.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I miss those days. Smash Boards was a lot better back then. I remember how we would stay up till the update. Then, as soon as the hour turned, *refresh, Bam!, disappointment lol. Still was amusing nevertheless.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
probably PT or Falcon

mostly cuz of the hilarious ****storms/hype that exploded on 4chan

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Porky's Theme

That song is what got me into the Mother Series.

I mean,s eriously, before that, Earthbound was just some game I never played, and never cared to play.

The song changed that.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I ALWAYS flipped out about character updates, every time I woke up early so I can fire up my laptop before school I would think "Please be a character, please be a character..."
Though the two characters that shocked me were Sonic and Olimar by a landslide. Olimar for me was a "Wtf?! This is pretty neat!" and Sonic was "ZOMG WTF!?!? HAX!!!"
After that, music and subspace emissary were some things I loved.

That delay update put me in such a foul mood all day in school; I didn't talk to anyone and gave snarls to people, not even kidding...

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Besides "You Must Recover" ...er-hem.

Sonic. I freaked out when i saw that update.

I would have said lucario's update (he was my most wanted character) if he hadn't been announced on the dojo AFTER we found out he was in.

King~

Smash Champion
sonic update was epic for me cause my friends didnt think he was gonna be in and they thought bowser jr was goin be there.

i came home from school like normal, i got on the pc and then went to the page. i went to the bathroom before lookin at the update when i came back and scrolled down i saw sonic i literally got up and did one of those jumping in the air a screamin yes type of things.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Sonic update hands down. I remember when there was a delay on all the other "sites", and someone posted over on GFaqs that the update was Sonic. Then a bunch of people started flaming that the site hadn't updated yet, but it'd already been updated on the German site.

Good times.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Sonic the Hedgehog

I've been hoping for him to be included in the game since speculation began that another smash was in development.

For all the Sonic hate around here,I'm surprised so many people have put him as their favorite update.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
For all the Sonic hate around here,I'm surprised so many people have put him as their favorite update.
Yeah me too. O: To be honest it makes me happy, since I thought everyone hated Sonic now.

I was gonna start a "pro-Sonic because he needs more love" uprising too.

Zenthewanderer

Smash Apprentice
Without a doubt it was Sonic's annoucement. There were no other dojo updates that even compare. After that... Brawl was a first-day buy for me. Heh...

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Pokemon Trainer.

I seriously scrolled down, read the name, scrolled up, refresh, scroll down, HOLY CRAP. It was as if the most beautiful angel in Heaven had desended to Earth and landed on my wang.
This is mine too, except It was delayed until I found out that Charizard was playable.

Pokemon Trainer. I expected it to be the perfect character. I thought he would have pretty much no bad matchups since he could change what type of character he was in an instant.

I was shocked to see that he actually was ****.

Such a great concept, such a poor way of implementing it.
It is kinda early, and the PT boards still have many Characters to go.

Machete

Smash Ace
God, the infernal three months between Stage Builder and Pikmin & Olimar were almost cruel.

That's why Olimar was so ****ing epic. Sonic was epic too because he's Sonic, and we saw him in a trailer with Mario and Live&Learn.

However, forum-wise, "You must recover!", "You have no time to ponder such questions, as Link has just grabbed the Smash Ball", "Up until now" and Meta Knight's special attacks were the most epic ones.

And, Captain Falcon, R.O.B. or Lucario updates can't be the best ones. God, we already knew that they were in when they were announced.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I'm sure for most people R.O.B. was the worst update ever.

"HAY GUYS! ROB was revealed today, that 35 roster is TRUE!!?!?!?!?!!!!11onoe!:("

Kirbichu

Smash Apprentice
Awesomeness:

Ike: Final Smash
Three Different Taunts
Handicap
Kirby: Meta Knight's Revenge
Meta Knight: Special Moves
Spectator

'nuff said.

ShinGaruda

Smash Journeyman
Sonic and online play.

...And Ganondorf's own Dojo page. Many people were pissed, but I thought it was funny when Sakurai remarked on his lack of a sword.

MasterToshima

Smash Journeyman
eh, I wasntreally with Dojo all the time from begining. but before I got ssbb, I read the whole thing. It's a cool site and gave me a lot ideas and tips on smash. Than I got on Smash Boards and went crazy with smash:bee:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
When i found out Isaac wasn't in it from watching the videos on youtube, I also curled up in fetal position and cried... then went and played as the 2nd character i wanted in brawl, Ike.

Most memorial was when... Ike was announced. I was like "YES! one of my two mains!"

bobson

Smash Lord
"What are you putting it away for? Use it! People tend to make fun of Ganondorf for this."

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
For me the best part of JAPAN TIME was Captain Falcon being announced. Sonic being announced was pretty great too, as well as Dedede.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about the fondest, but the most surprising update to me was the Manaphy one. I hadn't really bothered with pokemon since RB&Y, so I thought that Manaphy would be another stupid generic pokemon that shot water or something. I didn't even bother to click the link when it was on the front page. One day I was so bored that I went back and read every dojo update I hadn't already, and I was not expecting something like Heart Swap. It wasn't a bad surprise though, since I thought it was kinda cool. "Things always seem to end well in this game, don’t they?"

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Yeah today is the anniversary of "HOLY **** SONIC IS IN SMASH BROS! Day" and I'm trying to spread the word. (If anyone else wants to spread it, the censored word begins with an S and ends with a T :p so you know which one it is.)

Celebrations and stuff. It was pretty ****ing epic.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A year ago, I walked to school with a smile on my face as I told myself this day has come at last...

Top Bottom