• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wes, the ultimate gen 3 rep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
Maybe we could have Wes/Micheal as an alternate costume from one another?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I don't see what would be wrong about it. Simply change up the outfit a bit, recolor the hair from grey to red, and voila!
Just seems wrong to me. But I don't know, I can't think of any real reason why it wouldn't work, so maybe you're right.

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
Just seems wrong to me. But I don't know, I can't think of any real reason why it wouldn't work, so maybe you're right.
They look similar enough. It's sorta like how Blood Falcon is an alt. for the Captain.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong was the very first Nintendo Character ever released in video games, so logically he should be the mascot.
Sonic can outspeed any character, so Eggman's machines shouldn't be able to chase him down with ease.
Mewtwo was planned for Brawl, so he should of came back.

Logically, these things SHOULD of happened.

See what I mean, here? You're saying that Sakurai automatically goes by what the fans' critics are. It's not popularity of a game that determines the strength of a character's decision. You have to count other factors before you assume a character is stronger than another.

Besides, they never got the spot at the time, and it's very unlikely they will now due to Pokemon Black 2 and White 2. Unless a new Shadow game is made, the snaggers are going to have a difficult time beating the new competition. I'm just saying that Micheal is a better option, my opinion.

As for his snag machine, it was used only to steal Pokemon. In Wes's heroic decision, to steal Shadow Pokemon. Like I said, is he going to steal Pikachu, or something? I mean, he COULD snag a random Pokemon walking around, yeah, but how much sense does that make? What you described sounded more like a Pokemon Ranger than a Snagger.
Donkey Kong was the very first Nintendo Character ever released in video games, so logically he should be the mascot.
Sherrif, say hi

Sonic can outspeed any character, so Eggman's machines shouldn't be able to chase him down with ease.
In the smash universe yes, you iknow, where eggman's machines haven't been seen?

So Plusle and minun, toon zelda/sheik, Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, Dixie kong and (the guy who I always forget) should have been in brawl by logic? Interesting...
Besides, none of these points help your case, even if they made sense, I said that colosseum was (in want of a better word) liked more than XD, and you said that these meant that Nintendo doesn't listen to the fan-base's acceptance of a game, and then went on to list things that NINTENDO did, and a fan0base or the public or anyone had no part in. What?

I'd definitely love another shadow game for Wii U, and would buy it immediately (as long as it has online). :awesome:

I admit that once I posted that post I did think that I just thought of something that would go better with a ranger, but I hoped you wouldn't notice :urg:
If you want to be particular, then Wes could have battles with random shadow pokemon and their evolutionary forms from the game with a passing cipher peon or team snagem member (which sends mild shockwaves for electric types, fire bursts for fire types etc) onto the field, ending with him catching the Phanpy I used earlier, to then send onto the field and create mild tremors. Happy?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sherrif, say hi

In the smash universe yes, you iknow, where eggman's machines haven't been seen?

Destroying your entire statement already.

So Plusle and minun, toon zelda/sheik, Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, Dixie kong and (the guy who I always forget) should have been in brawl by logic? Interesting...
Didn't you JUST say this about Wes? Don't try and make me look like a fool when you corrupt yourself by default as you say this.

Besides, none of these points help your case, even if they made sense, I said that colosseum was (in want of a better word) liked more than XD, and you said that these meant that Nintendo doesn't listen to the fan-base's
acceptance of a game, and then went on to list things that NINTENDO did, and a fan0base or the public or anyone had no part in. What?
First off, I already stated that I'd like Micheal more than Wes and would rather have him in SSB4 BY OPINION. Read*. Second off, if you don't understand the arguement I just handed you, then you're not worth arguing with at this point. Let me resay; A character is not called fourth by Fan desire. It's called by Sakurai's desire.

I'd definitely love another shadow game for Wii U, and would buy it immediately (as long as it has online). :awesome:
Same.

I admit that once I posted that post I did think that I just thought of something that would go better with a ranger, but I hoped you wouldn't notice :urg:
I've studied all the pokemon games long enough, bud. You're mistakes won't be hidden.

If you want to be particular, then Wes could have battles with random shadow pokemon and their evolutionary forms from the game with a passing cipher peon or team snagem member (which sends mild shockwaves for electric types, fire bursts for fire types etc) onto the field, ending with him catching the Phanpy I used earlier, to then send onto the field and create mild tremors. Happy?
...I like Pokemon Trainer alot more.
Answers in Red. Seriously, a character's probability isn't charted by the popularity of their game. If that was the case, ROB and G&W wouldn't have come back, as how popular are their games to the folks of today? Tell an 8 year old to play Firefight, and he'll open his Halo CEA game (An example of game-age).

jigglover

Smash Lord
Answers in Red. Seriously, a character's probability isn't charted by the popularity of their game. If that was the case, ROB and G&W wouldn't have come back, as how popular are their games to the folks of today? Tell an 8 year old to play Firefight, and he'll open his Halo CEA game (An example of game-age).
I don't think you understood your own, or my arguments well, or I could have misunderstood a couple of things with you, and you misunderstood me.
I did not say that Wes is in because of his game, I said that he has a better chance because the character (because of his game) was accepted more than Michael. R.O.B. and GaW are in due to their credentials to nintendo's history.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Thread

y u turn into a flame war?
Because he wants a generation 3 character that isn't in a mainstream title that uses generation 2 pokemon and says he's the ultimate generation 3 rep

jigglover

Smash Lord
@Powerstars, thank you for trying to restore peace in this thread, but really we were discssing Wes.
@Psychoincarnate, it's main-stream residence is debated, but bulbapedia says it's main-strem and that's enough evidence for me! And look at the title, Wes, the ultimate gen 3 rep? It was just a title to attract you peoples into it!

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Generation III is dead.

jigglover

Smash Lord
it's the least relevant and most forgotten gen of pokemon
Hey your the guy who got owned on the mario discussion thread! I find it interesting how the only punctuation you used was an apostrophe. Gen 4 was the least relevant, and gen 2 the most forgotten. Good facts!

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
which gen is the only without a smash bros rep? oh yeah, 3. refusing to capitalize my letters and adding periods would only bother people with some form of mental ***********. i got owned in that thread because he pointed out that i'm not punctuating, you're so right

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
which gen is the only without a smash bros rep? oh yeah, 3. refusing to capitalize my letters and adding periods would only bother people with some form of mental ***********. i got owned in that thread because he pointed out that i'm not punctuating, you're so right
Pokemon Trainer uses his Gen 3 redesign, so technically he could be said to represent Gen 3. Plus, Wes actually mostly uses Gen 2 Pokemon.

And besides, Sakurai doesn't really look at Pokemon in terms of generations.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Pokemon Trainer uses his Gen 3 redesign, so technically he could be said to represent Gen 3. Plus, Wes actually mostly uses Gen 2 Pokemon.

And besides, Sakurai doesn't really look at Pokemon in terms of generations.
He quite clearly favours one Generation over all the others, considering there are 5 Generation I Pokémon in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom