• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Western New York Upcoming Tournies/Smashfests

D

Deleted member

I dunno, me and jim did pretty good as a team for the most part. IMO of course.

if I recall rightly, WNY dissed Roy last time, and look who won? Don't double-cross yourselves again now.

PhillCollins

Smash Journeyman
You've basically put us in a situation where we could slam a character thereby baiting you into beating all our ***** with it.

Jill Valentine

Smash Apprentice
lionheart1 said:
i recall shiri stating that there will probably be another roch. tourney next semester. i currently am looking for a place to run a tourney, but i have very little luck so far. pretty princess is garb :laugh: dirty samus is the ****, im takin the next one bk broiler style
-tim
Well...in sometime in the [hopefully] near future, there will be one right here at Canisius...which would be great.

One of the reps. for the gaming club sounded really interested in getting a Smash Club of sorts together. Which would mean hopeful tournaments.

Like I said before, I'll be getting more info. on this shortly.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
ahoyhoy...

A Cornell tourney doesn't sound like a bad idea. Housing and parking are my only concerns. I had fun playin' with AJigga and his Falcon. Certainly provided a challenge for him, so maybe he remembers me and my IC's. So yeah, get it poppin', people...:006:

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
lol

I'm pretty mad, cause mad people flaked out on plans tonite, so I had a free nite in Rochester today, and I definitely could've smashed with the RIT people and ****. Haven't played smash in a while, and the last time I did, I felt like I was ridiculously out of practice. Need to play. Next Friday, people, set something up in the RIT region. I work on Fridays until 7, so make plans, and we'll smash. I can drop by and enjoy the Rochester nitelife by playing video games indoors (lol)...:006:

AJiggaG

Smash Apprentice
im not gonna lie, strata is nice. He definately was killin me with his ics. Basically he killed me with everyone. ( do you even own a gamecube strata?) I think if strata came the second day he would have givin mow some serious trouble. I would definately like to play again strata. Anyway housing is pretty bad here but you could stay in peoples rooms or apartments if they are willing. Someone could stay in my room. I dont know how if jcaesar talked to the "smash club head" (who isnt good at smash at all) about finding a tourney time but I think he sent him an email. Ill keep yall posted.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
perhaps...

AJiggaG said:
strata is nice... I think if strata came the second day he would have givin mow some serious trouble...
Thanx for the vote of confidence, AJigga, but who knows? Maybe I would've, and maybe I wouldn't have. I mean, if Kubuu (a DA member) was unable to take him down, then what chances does a lowly smasher like myself have? Trust me, compared to the smashers that I look up in high regard, I'm garbage. But I'm trying to tighten up my game so that it can gain some respect. I really am just an average player; I got lucky against most of the people I played in RIT, most likely including you. Your Falcon had skyllz; just needs to practice more, like me. Then again, matches that matter (tourney matches) put me more on the spot, so I can't really gauge my skyllz until I'm in a position that judges it fairly. So yeah, maybe in the next smashfest/tourney, I'll play my hardest, and see how I fare. You can ask the Buff smashers who noticed me, that I was a smasher of average skyll. Right, Buff smashers? :006:

AJiggaG

Smash Apprentice
yo you are too modest. im not tryin to hate but from what i saw non of the UB guys were on your level. They know a few tricks but you just were better. imo you were at least second best. (btw i beat mow) you definately could have beat kubuu. My matches with him were close. He obviously a very good link, one of the best ive ever seen but he plays as link. link is really not that good. Strata imagine if you played everyday...

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
lol

Don't start instigating up in here, AJigga. You might anger some people. But yeah, I don't get to play much. My lifestyle doesn't permit me much playing time, nor does it expose me to a lot of decent smash players. I sandbag a ****load, just to make it challenging for me. Me being serious -> nobody wants to play with me. At least back in my hometown of NYC, I can play as hard as I want, and know that many people can still kick my ***, but that's ok, cause that means I have more to improve upon. I gotta admit, I've played with the best in NYC, and most of them know me, so I have some experience, not a lot. C'mon, RIT and Buff. Step things up and organize something soon, to give smashers like the Cornell people and myself reason to practice hard and make it mean something. I know I didn't show up for the main event in the last RIT tourney, but trust that the next one, I'll be there. I just need more Sheik practice, and then I can start trash-talking...:006:

lionheart1

Smash Ace
yeah cornell cpt falcon player first and foremost - how well did u place in the tourney? oh yeah thats what i thought. get something organized so i can whop ur sorry *** again. and i doubt u beat mow if u cant beat russian mafia or my doc. so gj
-tim

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
lol

See what you started AJigga? You got all these guys heated, and they wanna play you again. Trash talk -> spark of competition. I know that these Buff guys can beat my ***, so that's why I don't talk trash (that DK that rocked by Doc rocked my socks in the process). A Buff guy won second in both singles and teams, so that's something to consider also. Maybe with much more practice, I'll be in the same league as them, who knows? BTW, I might be in UB the first weekend of November to visit some friends. If there's serious smashin' going on around that time, don't hesitate to drop a line on this thread...:006:

AJiggaG

Smash Apprentice
yall need to chill. none of yall were in my bracket and kubuu also wasnt in your bracket either. how bout you ask mow if i beat him and see what he says. Notice how i was the one that he mentioned was good. Also i beat all of u UB guys anyway. Your right , i did lose to the doc but we only played once, plus they were friendlies. (if yall want to play again come and play some weekend) No one said you guys werent good. All I was saying is that strata is better and youll see when you play him. and strata, be serious you know your mad good at smash. Theres a difference between talking trash and being confident in your game. I just think you said that so people underestimate your game.

On another note, we really need to get at lease a smash fest going soon. Yall should come here cause i dont have a car. But JCaesar can drive.

lionheart1 said:
yeah cornell cpt falcon player first and foremost - how well did u place in the tourney? oh yeah thats what i thought. get something organized so i can whop ur sorry *** again. and i doubt u beat mow if u cant beat russian mafia or my doc. so gj
-tim
you definately need to chill with that. i didnt even play teams so i dont know what your talking about. once again you beat me with doc once (in friendlies, which dont matter) but i also beat your other characters. If you want to go by wins i win.

PhillCollins said:
Us crazy UB players and our small assortment of tricks...
and no one said they were small. We all know a few tricks. None of us are elite. dont know why yall UB guys getting hyped over smash. dont jump to conclusions. Im mad that yall are talkin like this over smashboards but in person are afraid to talk to mow. On the real dont talk trash online. its real lame. its so easy to hide behind the internet.

to sum it up, yall UB guys need to calm down and play strata. No ones tryin to insult your game dont so dont insult mine.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
I think those Buff people have already played me, but I'd be more than happy to play them again. Always looking for good people to play against. Yo AJigga, check your PM's...:006:

lionheart1

Smash Ace
AJiggaG said:
and no one said they were small. We all know a few tricks. None of us are elite. dont know why yall UB guys getting hyped over smash. dont jump to conclusions. Im mad that yall are talkin like this over smashboards but in person are afraid to talk to mow. On the real dont talk trash online. its real lame. its so easy to hide behind the internet.

to sum it up, yall UB guys need to calm down and play strata. No ones tryin to insult your game dont so dont insult mine.
ok so if u beat all these people in friendlies and then say friendlies do not matter. then do not do well in the tourney, i just dont really understand. i did play strata but it was just a fun doc vs dk match so i cant conclude too much from that. phil collins played him or watched him more than anyone and he suggested we pick him up for the crews so no one is saying hes garb.

-yeah im real afraid to talk to mow in person, he scares me a lot, him and all of his crazy loud neighboors

just set up a tourney in cornell
and mm $20 there
-tim

AJiggaG

Smash Apprentice
yo be serious you were talkin mad trash behind this mans back at lunch. anyway, im not tryin to get on you UB guys but read what I said. none of you were in my robin group. thus we never played and "real" matches. so your arguement is stupid too. I never said i was better anyway. You guys are tryin to start somethin out of nothing. Honestly this is really all dumb. Ive never felt like such a loser talking trash to people online. This is the nerdiest thing ever.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
i'm working on getting a tourney set up here at cornell. it's looking like a good possibility. i'm shooting for the weekend before thanksgiving, nov 19 and 20. i'll keep you guys updated. and if this does happen, i can probably house 4 or 5 people in my apartment. i'll give the buffalo guys and strata first dibs.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
my man JCaesar...

I haven't played him yet, yet he's treating me so kindly. What did I ever do to deserve your grace? Well, I certainly appreciate it, and if your offer still stands when your event goes down, I'll certainly do my best to make it. Wish I played you in RIT, but I didn't know who you were, the same way that nobody knew who I was. Yeah man, sounds like a blast. Plus, I've never been to Cornell. I've been to Yale, Harvard, Dartmouth, and Columbia. Cornell's the only Ivy League school (and Princeton) that I haven't seen yet. Many a tour would be nice...:006:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
strata, i regret not getting a chance to play you either. ajigga told me how good you are. and i'm just returning the favor, since you offered to house us for TBFWNY.
PS - Cornell is wayyy prettier than those other ivy leagues

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
lol

Word? New Haven looks kinda slummy, Harvard looks too uptight for me, Dartmouth is almost in the middle of nowhere, but Columbia is in the middle of NYC, my hometown. Maybe if I visit, I can concur with your statement...:006:

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
AJiggaG is funny, he says he doesn't take friendlies seriously, but thinks we took them seriously. "I should've won! I should've won!" came out of his mouth after he lost a friendly with falcon against my marth, please note that my marth is garbs. I know what everyone's thought is: "yeah, he doesn't take them seriously (/end sarcasm)".

Strata, you practicing sheik now? Secondary to samus?

lionheart1

Smash Ace
jigga no one had anything against u until u posted some ****. no one understood it was kinda surprising. thx for the offer to housing, at least were cool with the other cornell guys. i never talked trash about rain i just told u guys that its mow and that hes just trying to **** w/ everyone. ha. me beat mow, only if im really lucky so i doubt i would talk ****
-tim

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Sheik=vajina

I've always been playing with Sheik, but I never really have any fun with her. I mean, it's such a simple style of play, I don't like it. I'm decent with her, and I'd only whip her out for desperation purposes, or if I absolutely need to use her. What I meant was that I need training against Sheiks. Sheik is the bane of my Smash existence, especially when I use Samus. That's why I like double-blinds, and I start with IC's. Assuming my IC's win, and I lose on the counter-pick, I can always use Samus. IC's are my Sheik counters, and I can generally use Samus against all other characters. But yeah, pick Sheik against my Samus, and assuming you're good (you'll most likely be good), then I'm gonna have a hard fight. Maybe in time for the next tourney, I'll have a handle on a character that nobody'll be expecting...:006:

PhillCollins

Smash Journeyman
I want a piece of that samus.

All kidding aside, I'm pretty interested in seeing this happen.

AJiggaG

Smash Apprentice
yall need to cut the crap. I dont understand how yall all of a sudden have something against me because i said yall know a few tricks. This was in comparison to strata. Strata played against the da crew all summer. you know wes, dave, killaor, kubuu etc. I think its fair to say that he has a lot more experience than any of us. On my end theres no hard feelings but i think its unreasonable for yall to get riled up about an indirect implicit statement. We need to leave all the talk until game day. and with that im done. this is ridiculous.

AJiggaG

Smash Apprentice
yo dont be puttin people on the spot. I was pissed cause i knew, like you said, your marth was wack. In general, i wasnt playin well that day. I never had to play under so much pressure.

lionheart1

Smash Ace
AJiggaG said:
yo dont be puttin people on the spot. I was pissed cause i knew, like you said, your marth was wack. In general, i wasnt playin well that day. I never had to play under so much pressure.
...marth is wack. congrats. welcome to competitive ssbm
-tim

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
yo yo yo...

This heat really isn't that necessary. I think we need to leave all of the bashin' in the smashin', as in playing Smash. Keep the trashin' out until we mashin', them buttons on the controller. The next event that comes near our area, we can all be real and just play on our hardest levels (no sandbaggin', Tim-lol). I'll bring my best, you all will bring your best, and at the end of the contest, we'll see who passed the test, and stands over the rest. Aight? Let's get it started, people...:006:

AJiggaG

Smash Apprentice
for real stop being inmature about it. this dude said his marth was garbage and i was agreeing. And yes his wack marth beat me. thats why i was mad. i obviously didnt say marth was wack. Im not an idiot. Honestly i dont think your are reading the posts correctly. Can we actually start talkin about something important in this thread please?

PhillCollins

Smash Journeyman
Tim wasn't making fun of you for calling marth wack, he was just calling marth wack cuz he is in fact wack. You're getting insulted by non insults now.

lionheart1

Smash Ace
PhillCollins said:
Tim wasn't making fun of you for calling marth wack, he was just calling marth wack cuz he is in fact wack. You're getting insulted by non insults now.
exactly. i have no idea why anyone is getting heated, if anyone should be mad it should be us from the ub smash because u were bummin on us.
-tim

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
ok, it looks like a Cornell tournament is going to happen, the smash club pres here is definitely interested. We would have 1v1s, teams, maybe crews, and low tier 1v1s just for fun, all with standard MLG rules. How many of you would be able to make it, and would come, if it was held Nov 19 and 20?

Top Bottom