• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Western New York Upcoming Tournies/Smashfests

Jill Valentine

Smash Apprentice
I would be willing to throw down some money on a couple matches.

That just means I need to sell my bod- ir, crac-ir, soul......

sevenofcoins

Smash Journeyman
Yay Khimsta! Actually, I'm barely going to be around, unfortunately. Lessons, orthodontist appt, gospel choir, uh in fact I might not be home for more than an hour all day. If you can arrange something with Ryan or Bonzo (TWP and Zero X, respectively) that'd be cool and I'd try to drop in.

TWP

Smash Ace
Sorry about not having times, but just to put it out there...what times would y'all be able to make it ?

Either post, IM, or email seven or myself. We'll get you the time and exact place in RIT as soon as we can.

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
I might be able to come this saturday if you're able to spot me cash for gas, but it's only a MAYBE, i'll have to see what gets done on thursday friday

sevenofcoins

Smash Journeyman
Saturday eh? Haha you must be pretty desperate. On IM today it was "If you can drive out," now it's "If you can spot me for gas I'll come." Haha, no offense, it's just funny. Well...my mom's going to Niagara Friday and Saturday and I'm staying at a friend's house. If we could do it at Ryan's I'd be up for that, and hopefully my friend/friend's parents would be ok too. The only thing is that I'm supposed to go to dinner with my dad's family Saturday night. We'll see.

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
I'm able to come up on Saturday to Rochester. My cousin's gonna be driving.

Everyone: Drop your plans..... give me addresses and times (I wanna start early, none of this 'lets start at 3 ****') and contact me because it's an opportune time to smash baybay! :D

phillybilly

Smash Journeyman
o..... well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me

i might go to this smashfest....

i'll see if anyone else in DA will be interested...doubt it though..

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's only a smashfest and I don't think they give a **** if ENY or any other players come. It's not like they''d be missing anything. :rotfl:

D

Deleted member

Don't surpress natural raw passion.

Hater.

UH-OH! PHILLYBILLY NEEDS A CHILLYPILLY!!!

sevenofcoins

Smash Journeyman
I am, of course, cool with you coming, phillybilly. And apparently B is too, so that's good. But I can't help but ask...
If your name is Ron and you're from NYC, why are you called phillybilly? Actually I'm not even sure you're from NYC, I'm just guessing.

EDIT: Er...I hope you're not expecting a ride from Kubuu..because I'm 99% sure he's not coming...

TWP

Smash Ace
I have returned form a long absence, and I still have one pestering, semi-important question...

What time and where in RIT is this. I think we have a little more than a week, and would like to know when I need to be free.

Artemis Bane

Smash Rookie
I am also a Rochester resident and am up for any kind of smashing be it fest or tourney. So Ill probably be coming with BBT and Kubuu. Hope I can make a name for myself.

tMoC

Smash Apprentice
I am interested in this... and finally meeting Mow. I'm in Toronto... not too far away, but the convienent ferry from Toronto to Rochester just recently stopped its service. Just when I could use it. Boo.

I'm going to need to Greyhound it. I might have to arrive sometime Saturday... wil I have a place to stay for the night? Also, about when on Sunday is this thing ending? I have school the next day.

sevenofcoins

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'd house you Saturday night, but it's not my decision to make. My mom has expressly forbidden me to let any of you sleep at my house; pretty prejudiced already, but that's the way she is. Sorry. And I don't know of anywhere that you could stay. It's, what, a four hour bus ride? I don't know, man. Anyway, B if you've found out about the rooms and stuff it would be just peachy if you could post.

D

Deleted member

so, how stupid is that hotel idea sounding now? I have a multiplier, who's with me?

gayness is haneous, none of that, you sexual predator you. yes YOU

Bumble Bee Tuna

Dolphin-Safe
BRoomer
OK listen up people, I have a room, so we're set.

The smashfest will be on Sunday, September 19th. I reserved the room from 1-5 as a complete guess, but reservations aren't necessary so we can do it whatever time frame we want through there.

The location is on the RIT campus, located off of Jefferson Road. The building is Ellingson Hall, which is building 50A on the campus map.

And in case you are incapable of reaading the campus map, here is a map created by me to make it very obvious:

If you can't find the building, kill yourself.

The address for RIT, if you want to find directions, use the street address:

727 Nathaniel Rochester Hall
Rochester NY 14623

The dorms don't have real street addresses, so the last step isn't really valid. USE MY MAP. Use mapquest to get to Jefferson Road/RIT, Then use the MAP.

So...Who's coming? Who's bringing cubes & TVs?

I can bring a cube and a TV, but my TV is small, crappy, and I'm missing my memory card. The lounge also has a projection TV in it anyway.

-B

TWP

Smash Ace
B, you are my hero -

My parents right now are getting into a hissy fit for some unknown reason, and there's a chance that they may ban me from coming to this. *tear*

On the upside, If I do manage to come I can bring controllers, GC and about 3 Memory cards. I don't think they'll let me bring a Tv, but I can bring Gc and what-not.

Bumble Bee Tuna

Dolphin-Safe
BRoomer
Originally posted by TWP
B, you are my hero
I loev you too honeybuns

Hey, if you can't come for some reason (that stinks) do you think maybe sevenofcoins could still bring your cube/game and/or mem cards? That'd be cool.

BTW, if we aren't getting a big turnout, I have met several people here at RIT that seem to love smash, so I could invite them if we want. None of them are better than me, really, so they aren't good competition, but if we want I can invite them.

-B

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
You should all think about coming to MLG Boston. Boston isn't that far away is it? Check out the thread stickied at the top of the tourny room...

... sorry for threadjacking B... just wanted to make sure everyone knew about it!

TWP

Smash Ace
Cool M3D posted in our thread, I feel so special...

B, feel free to invite them, the more the merrier right ? And also I (speaking only for myself) am not very good.

And I will give the cube and what/not to Sevenbling if I can't come

sevenofcoins

Smash Journeyman
Boston is pretty far, M3D; obviously it's not too far on the scale of the entire country, but it's quite a haul. Aaaanyway...

I do hope I can go to this...I've got some family stuff to do (figures they'd do it on one of the few days I said I was planning stuff) but I should still be able to make it; I might have to leave just a bit early, I imagine not more than a half hour early. Anyway, I'll bring TWP's cube and 3 memory cards fully loaded, but I won't be able to bring my own cube because my friend has it (he bought half of it and more than half the games and controllers, so I hate to say it but he has a right). But it's ok, because Bonzo (Zero X) will be bringing a cube and I think a memory card. So put us down for two cubes and three or four mem cards.

That's about all I have right now; I'll edit this later if I need to.

tMoC

Smash Apprentice
tMoC knock-knock

Yo. It seems I DON'T need a place to stay, but I'm still not certain if I can come. But... do you guys even WANT me? Reading over this thread, it seems room is limited... would anyone object to 'ol tMoC coming along?

If I am going, could someone pick me up from the Rochester bus terminal? What time is Mow arriving?

Also, how likely do you all think it is that you will hold somethin bigger in the future, perhapes a tournament? And are there any of you who would likely NIOT be able to come to a later event? I'm asking because I wonder if it is worth my time and money to come to this if I can meet all of you at a later date anyway.

But ****it, I need to pull a Coup de Grace on Mow's Ness in a ditto! And to compare Mewtwos!

TWP

Smash Ace
Ok so here's the deal,

I am comign to the smashfest (uh wOOt) and I will be bringing my memory card(s) and 4 controllers I think, not to mention my Gamecube as well...

But I am defidentally coming

tMoC

Smash Apprentice
I'm definetly not coming. Sorry Mow. I will meet you someday, even if I gotta go to your town.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
ahoyhoy...

Hey you Roc. smashers that came to that thing on Sunday. Just in case nobody remembers me, I was the one rockin' the gray BU hoodie. You guys did a good job hosting it, even though the projector was extremely screwy. BBT, good looks on the donuts and soda. Look at my first quote, and you'll see why I truly appreciate the gesture. I got to see members of the Roc. Smash Crew, and the ones I've met (I'm guessing Sevenofcoins, TWP, and Bonzo, who I don't know which character he's known for in the group) are good people. I saw a pretty good Falco user, a mean Link player, and an impressive CF that beat me (I want a rematch; BF's too small a level) fair and square. You guys are cool people, and my peeps are planning on setting up a l'il something something down here in Geneseo soon. When we get news of a date and time, I'll be sure to holla at this thread, just to keep upstate smashers on the know. Until then, keep on smashing guys.

PS. Hey TWP, you gotta hook me up with the DSF vs. Ken videos, at least, the ones that you have. And if you can pass on one of the Chillin vs. Ken videos as well, that would be very much appreciated. Also, me and my friends are planning on going to MLG in Boston, so if you guys are interested in taggin' along, just let me know...

Bumble Bee Tuna

Dolphin-Safe
BRoomer
Hey, I figured if my room plan was going to get shot to **** by a broken TV, the least I could do was provide some food.

Thanks for coming, next time some people will bring TVs...right? Because otherwise I will kill someone.

BTW who was the guy who screwed up the directions and thought it was in Nathaniel Rochester Hall? Please, confess, so I can ridicule you mercilessly.

-B

Top Bottom