• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Western New York Upcoming Tournies/Smashfests

UBSmashPrez

Smash Apprentice
It's saturday. UB's Student union, 2nd floor open area flag room.

Grand prize is a DS WITH Super mario 64x4 and accessories.

$5 to get in.

Warmup/practice at 3, 330, starts at 430 PROMPTLY

1st prize - DS and such
2nd prize -$50 media play gift card

plus some coolie gift cards

Double elimination, 5 life stock, two characters. one for items side, one for not.

Dont try nothing stupid like ice climber glitch or wallbombing or ace gets mad and unplugs your controller. I think that generally describes the whole "what if this happens?" during tournament questions.

Any further Q's? IM XaceLightningx

sevenofcoins

Smash Journeyman
OH NOES!! I's can't win without wallbombing!!?!??!

Anyway, sounds good to me except I didn't check the thread till today and as such I won't be able to go. I had an idea though.

Check this out: in a smallish room with many high school/ college age guys, it starts to smell really sketchy after just a little while, especially if there are intense matches going on with a lot of people crammed in a small area watching. So: low budget and very effective technology, as in those little air fresheners taped to little electric fans in every corner of the room, or as many as you can. I tried this when I was living in my friend's basement, and it worked perfectly.

Just a suggestion. Good luck all who are going.

-7oC

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
I hope no one starts to cry. Rules are ******** because of anti-counter match-up selection. I know someone's gonna cry when their Fox plays my Jiggly :cry:

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Greta, these rules favor you hugely. Take these guys out, then hit me up on your news of newly-won DS...:chuckle:

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
You win it, you know I'm willing to buy it from you. And I know that you'll hook me up with your lowest price, cause you're mad cool like that...;)

PhillCollins

Smash Journeyman
Your just going to sell the DS... Should have never posted the time...
They're probably making a SSB game for DS and you're just selling it...

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
I feel your pain, Melee. I really wanted to go too. It's ok. Greta's gonna rep for me, and when he wins, he's gonna sell me the DS for crazy cheap...:chuckle:

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Good man!! I placed 7th in a hold'em tourney with mad people (around 100+), and I got nothing. Greta, man, you better make my day by sellin' this DS to me. It's the only thing that can cheer me up right now...

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
Long day, too tired, must sleep, will explain **** tomorrow... twin brother claimed the DS, so selling = I'd get killed by brother/cousin. Although the DS is hawt :D

D

Deleted member

matt your fox and jiggs still suck. and I will gladly pound your poop in with a few ditto matches =)

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
Anyone interested in showing up to a smash fest this Saturday at RIT, let me know now so I can decide whether or not to reserve the room. The room comes with one projector, but thats about it, so I will also need people to bring in cubes and tv's. Let me know ASAP so I can start making plans.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Thankfully...

:beezo: I know a couple friends of mine that might stay on campus if they won't find somewhere else to play. If they decide to stay, I'll tell them about your event and ask them to take their cubes.

Melee Warrioir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chhipz
dangit!! this saturday i have to go somewhere AGAIN!! so i might miss this little gathering.. ugh i hate this stupid life of mine.......:confused: :confused:

Shiri

Smash Chump
Do you...?

:beezo: Do you have a room? I've got friends and Cubes. You should probably announce it at EGS tonight. We'll be in the SAU Cafeteria until 11. If you get everything ready, I'm sure you'll get people to come.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Hmmm...

:beezo: Is anyone gonna be doing anything in Rochester after break? I'd suggest Arena 51, but their planning for events is super-sketchy. I dunno. Just wondering, I guess.

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
If it's planned out like 2 weeks in advance, I'd be able to come. I need to get alot of human smash in, I'm lacking right now.

btw: I just ordered GNT3 so if anyone plays that up there, maybe they'd be interested in some matches or just to help me out with it. :)

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
Anyone that wants to play smash today, let me know, I'll be available for the majority of the day. Not the night though, thats when I go out to get the girlies.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Third Time's a Charm...

:beezo: Uh...sorry, but I couldn't make the 18th. I headed home for break. Does anyone wanna do anything this upcoming Sunday when we get back from break?

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
SPEAK PEOPLE!!!!!!! SMASH PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!! C'mon now, I know someone out there wants to play smash. IM me or something.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Yo...

:beezo: If you guys want, we can really try to reserve a room again sometime this quarter. I know the Buff tournament got in the way last time, but if enough people want it, it can really happen at RIT, so speak up if you wanna play. I'm down for playing anytime I'm available...I'm sure Kubuu is also. I know there are others who want to play here, though. There HAVE to be. o_O

X Japan

Smash Lord
since this is a big smash community in this part of NY you should think about coming to DA's tourney which remains to be nameless at this point in time. its going to happen to happen sometime inlate Feb or early March where a lot of ppl in NY and OOS have some free time on there hands.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47335

right now we are having a vote to decide which weekend is best for most of the ppl that are plaining on coming.

Shiri

Smash Chump
It Looks Like a Small Hill...

:beezo: Well, if anyone's gonna be on campus tomorrow, Saturday, or Sunday, my friends and I will probably be playing SSB:M, SSB, Star Fox 64, and Halo 2 until our brains leak out of our noses. We'll mostly be playing SSB:M, though, because an acquaintance of mine beat me last night and I really have to seek revenge. But yes...if anybody wants to be here, just PM I guess? I dunno. Just letting people know, I guess. o_o

Shiri

Smash Chump
It Was...

:beezo: Well, this weekend wasn't too bad. It was pretty fun. But anyway, I guess we can start the official "Post if you wanna play at RIT in a Smashfest soon" part of this thread. So, if everyone can pick a weekend within the next four weeks that they're free, please post the date. Chances are that any events will probably start at 3 o'clock in the afternoon and progress from there depending on the turnout. Don't forget, Cubes and TVs are always a necessity. I'll take care of the room reservations, but I really just wanna see people posting interest in playing. If not, I'll have to start ODing and saying how much better my characters are than any of yours, regardless of whether its true or not. o_o Hopefully we can get a somewhat decent turnout and everyone can have fun when we get this thing started. ^_^

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
help a brother out...

Hey you Rochester dudes, I need your help. Since I'm only upstate for school, and I'm back in my hometown of NYC all the other time, I can't find steady work up there to fund my gas and my college fees, aside from the really crappy on-campus work. I know that this may not be the best place to ask for this kind of help, but could one of you possible check at any of the local malls (preferrably Marketplace) to see if there are any job openings at retail stores there? Unfortunately, selling is one of the only things I'm good at, so if there are job openings at stores that you guys wouldn't mind working at (EB, Gamestop, FYE, etc.), could you possibly let me know, cause if I find work like that near Rochester, then I'll have funding for gas, which means I can go to your smashfests up there in Rochester. Well, I know that this was a bit of a far-fetched request, but people in the smash community in NYC are fairly tight, from my experience, and I hope that I get the same feeling from you upstate smashers. Let me know if any of you guys find something, and I will be in gratitude for all of your help...

Shiri

Smash Chump
I Would Love to Help...

:beezo: ...unfortunately, though, it's hard enough getting a job here on campus, let alone getting one close by. Especially at the places you metnioned, even though I know your range is most likely broader than that. I had a friend last year who had to work all the way in Buffalo just for her change. ^_^ I guess it's not really funny, but yeah...if I hear of anything, I'll let you know. o_o

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Good looks. Everybody in the vicinity, please keep an eye out for a brotha', cause that means more gas, which means more visits to the smashfests that you people put together. Thanx for all the help, and I hope to hear more replies from the rest of you out there...

Psychoprog

Smash Cadet
I'm a frosh at RIT, and I juuuust decided to get serious about ssbm (read: I'm *** awful). If you guys decide to do anything else, I'll definitely be there with a few other friends I've managed to drag into my devious ploy. D;

Top Bottom