• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Western New York Upcoming Tournies/Smashfests

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
holla...

Yo, it's good to see that my man Shiri's hooked everything up, and the tourney is now official. Yes, I am here to confirm that it should be on the 10th, cause there would be no better time for it. Still here at work, far far away from smash, and will be until the end of August, but no johns, cause I hope to be in "shape" for this Battle. I'm here to represent the G-Unit of the SUNYs, and I'm plannin' on stormin' that tourney with force. That's for singles. As for teams (if there is gonna be one), Kubuu and I gotta tag up to represent NYC smashers out in the middle of nowhere (sorry, but WNY is the middle of nowhere to us city smashers). Whatever, I hope to get back in training as soon as I'm done with work. Keep practicin' up people, and I hope to see you guys there...:006:

Shiri

Smash Chump

:017: It looks like the 10th is good for people.

I'll have a flyer up for your viewing pleasure shortly.

Do you guys want a team tournament as well?

How many televisions would be optimal for this?

Please get back to me soon so I know what I need to be doing.

Please remember that while televisions may not be a problem anymore, we still need Cubes, Smash, and Memory Cards. Thanks.

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
Down in VA with AC/H2YL so I'll be good to go for this tournament. We'll see as it nears Sept. 10th if I am not doing anything that day.

D

Deleted member

how about you make it so if I win I can actually get the prize this time -_-

and let's have teams so me and matt can wreck ****.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Okay...

:017: Thanks for getting back to me.

So you guys want teams...and crews...I guess we can do that. I'm sure we'll have a pot for teams, but crews might just have to be for pride. I think all that money would be a bit much to handle for a first-time tourney here. We can keep it simple just in case not that many people show.

...Or do you all prefer a pot for crews? Let me know.

I still need an estimate on how many TVs you think would be good.

Please keep in mind that this will be a ONE DAY EVENT.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Sarutobi

:017: I hope for your sake that you can back that up. ^_~

Rochester is ready anytime for your top tier shenanigans. Rochester pimps Smash like there's no tomorrow, so you ladies from Buffalo better get your act straight when you step on campus.

**ahem**

Yeah...

I like apple pie.

lionheart1

Smash Ace
ub/buffalo crew

right now it will probably consist of 5 people = will, me, alexi, dart, ?don? but we are training some scrubs right now who have a lot of potential!
ok rochester get ready to BRING IT!

oh yeah, the basement is cleaned out!THEREFORE! i can fit at least 2 tvs in there and probably about 10 people so. buffalo/ whoever im gonna start to host tri weeklies, and buffalo guys i suggest we set up weekly practices. *different places each times of course! the rochester guys / whoever are more than welcome to come to the weeklies, but i think that the tri weeklies will have a better turnout! give me a date to start the first fest at my house and it will be good to go.!!!!!!!!
-tim

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Singles and teams are the ones that I want in there the most. Crews might take long, since this is gonna be a one-day event, but whatever tickles your pickle, Shiri. If you think you can squeeze that in there, I can watch, cause I don't run with a crew when I'm in WNY. But yeah, singles and teams for this guy...:006:

Shiri

Smash Chump
Hahaha!

:017: Buffalo can eat it.

But for now, since we all love this blessed coast of ours, I'd like to take a minute to thank everyone that worked so hard today to earn that regional championship. DA, being at the core of that effort, really made a spectacular show today.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Anyway

:017: Regardless...

Let me know if you guys want me to make any other considerations for this thing as far as stages, what kinds of side tournies, etc... Once I put the thread up, the ruleset is not changing. I'm gonna give it a week and let anyone put any suggestions up that they want to. From there, you guys can debate about them or whatever you guys like to do in your spare time. Once everything is finalized, the thread should be up by next weekend.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Hehehehe...

:017: I just got finished talking with someone about that SAME idea.

Unfortunately, it fell through. x_x

In related news, if you were planning on brining a TV or Cube, please STILL BRING THEM. The more resources we have, the better. ^_^

lionheart1

Smash Ace
first of the buffalo tourny series

August 13, a saturday! PM me for my house location: the tourny will be singles and maybe teams for fun (depending on how many people come)
Where: my house
Price: $10 for enterance fee
Time: starts at 11AM
Rules: the same as FC3, except! there will be brackets, not pools and the finals will be best 2 of 3
Pot: 1st = 70%
2nd = 20%
3rd = guaranteed their money back!
************if less than 10 people, then 2nd place gets money back and 3rd gets nothing*******************
plz people, come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
-tim

PhillCollins

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll be in Novia Scotia on the 13th.

I'll be in Buffalo from september til May though so I guess its no big deal.

sevenofcoins

Smash Journeyman
If you're wondering what happened to me, (which you probably are not, but just in case) read the newly edited first post.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Twoson

:017: I'll keep this short.

Do you guys want a two-day event? Let me know quickly. Rooms are getting booked fast and I've only got the Fireside from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the 10th.

lionheart1

Smash Ace
yeah, a two day event would be killer...i would have off both days too. but one day is fine too. have teams and crews on one day and then have singles on another day. also it seems that 2 day events usually get more people to come too also. try and get it set soon, so that you can create a thread. and as far as rules and stages use the same ones as in fc3!
-tim

PhillCollins

Smash Journeyman
I got fired! SOrtive.

Last day is saturday, besides the week and half I'm in novia scotia I will make it to WNY at least once.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
ahoyhoy...

Long time no post, as well as no practice either. Oh wellz, it's my problem. Anywayz, good to see Shiri making some serious headway with this tourney, since it's becoming more official by the day. If we can only get that lounge for 8 hours (10Am-6PM, I think), then find out just how many people are interested in going to this. If people wanna do a low-tier/crew/team tourney, then we can do that for another day, making this a 2-day tourney. The first day can have those events, and the last day could be purely for singles. That's just my vote, and it all depends on how many people are committed to showing up. Otherwise, it may end up being just a 2-day smashfest, with nothing really making it as exciting as a tourney, you know? I mean, I'd be down either way, but the thrill of a meaningful victory is what most smashers in WNY are dying for. Plus, this would be an official title, to see just who is the best smasher in WNY. So yeah, if there are enough people (50-ish should be the minimum for a solid turnout), and they are down for as many events as possible, then definitely do a 2-day one. I hope that the request isn't too late, Shiri. You're doing an awesome job, and I can't wait to see the full interest in this tourney...:006:

Shiri

Smash Chump
The Cat and the Bag

:017: Hey guys.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been wanting to make an ultra-super-surprise post. That will probably come tomorrow. Or maybe later tonight if you're lucky. ^_~

I'll get back to you guys soon.

Top Bottom