• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some little tiny things that annoy you?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
When people interchange Japanese words in their sentences, i.e. "That was so kawaii!!" *shudder*

When people pronounce sake wrong (its sa-kay). How do people keep saying saki? WHERE IS THE I?!? THERE IS NONE, SO STOP SAYING IT THAT WAY. If anything, I could understand people saying sake instead (i.e. "for god's sake") but saki makes no sense to me.

slave1

Smash Lord
people that swear too much. that bothers me. if it is only here and there it is not bad, but if it is almost every other word. i just want to punch them and tell them to get a better vocabulary.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
When people interchange Japanese words in their sentences, i.e. "That was so kawaii!!" *shudder*
I hate that so much, too. Nothing was more annoying on art websites than some anime drawing with a million comments saying "DESU KAWAII!!!!!!! ^_^ ^_^", though that's not interchanging. Still annoying as ****.

Funnily enough, knowing the word kawaii was a bit of a help when I went to Japan =| Never saw that one coming.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
My cat is pretty big, but not ridiculously so. It really, REALLY pisses me off when people call my cat fat. Yeah, I know, thanks for pointing that out. Where does it get them to make fun of my cat? It just annoys me, and I can't see why you'd want to say stuff about an ANIMAL.
That actually really bothers me, as well. :"{

M.K

Level 55
Ahh!

My pet peeve is the word "effing" that people use. If you are going to use that word, either say "freaking" or say the real word. I think it just sounds so out of place and pre-teen-ish.

Also, I hate people who critisize something you have done just for the sake of putting you down or raising themselves up. Case and point, I was in Astronomy the other day when I was helping my friend write a Limerick poem for English class. A Limerick has a certain rhyme scheme and other rules that need to be done in order to receive a good grade for the project. My friend was absent the day she gave the rules, so I made up a limerick off the top of my freaking head to give an example. This obnoxious little snob turns around and says "Wow, that was just horrible.". It's like...if you had to turn around just to say that to me, why even bother?

Overlord_Ganon

Smash Rookie
-When narrow minded people claim that animation or video games are just for kids.

-New Sonic games that aren't real sonic games, they just have sonic in them. And the fans these awful games produce. argh.

-The way nintendo destroyed Ganondorf. He's was my fav character. -.-

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
When people "sign" their posts as if we can't see their name right next to it.

-SamuraiPanda

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
it bothers me when people say "awkward"

dont say that **** it makes you look socially reatrded.

Or when people say "OMG everyone is lookin at me!" or " OMG it just got so quiet!"

i hate that **** shut the **** up

i also disapprove of unshaved Heyho!.

im smacked

=D

drcossack

Smash Ace
-Horse Racers (poor horse at the Kentucky Derby, broke both its ankles, had to be put to sleep ON THE TRACK)
I know. It's sad. They do it with other horses too (losers); they're euthanized right after the race ends.

I hate when people take pictures of me in public places. You might think that's it's a rare occurence or something, but honestly, it happens everywhere I go. Arcades, the mall, restaurants, I ****ing despise it.
lol, I do too. It doesn't happen to me often, but I absolutely HATE it when random people take my picture. I only have three photos of myself online, and they're all viewable on my Facebook profile (two are mugshots, both of which are also in the Las Pictoras thread. The third is from my HS Graduation)

Miharu

Smash Hero
My pet peeve is the word "effing" that people use. If you are going to use that word, either say "freaking" or say the real word. I think it just sounds so out of place and pre-teen-ish.
Zz.

That's completely subjective. For example "effing" and "freaking" could both be viewed as being equally childish when used in that context.

An irritating habit of a lot of posters is the tendency to post a blatantly stupid comment that obviously incites flames, then going on to say "wtf aren't I allowed to state my (stupid) opinion?" Why bother posting if you're not ready to back up said posts with logical argumentation?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
People who post pictures when it's really unneeded and unfunny.

Micahc

Smash Ace
The word "Manga." I don't know, it just does. Pretty much all anime, people that think that you're both BFFs, and they just piss you off, people that cuss so much that it looses all meaning, long lists, outrageously short miniskirts that make an ordinarily attractive person look like a prostitute, pro-item in tourney threads, cats, people with lots of pet peeves, etc.

And hip hop, rap, pop, and most other popular forms of music.

Keku

Smash Apprentice
People who are making all that noise while they eat. You know, eating with their mouth open and just, eugh. Totally freaks me out, sometimes even when they eat pretty normally, I just start concentrating on all the noise coming from their chewing and it makes me want to hit someone.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
People who make a huge generalization about anime/manga when the only thing they all have in common is a Japanese or (in the case of manwha) Korean author. Like books, they're all radically different with different styles and stories and of course there's good and bad and overrated.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Also, reyairia, I hate when people decide on what's good and bad when they've never even seen the things they're judging. At my bus stop, there was this kid who said, "I don't like anime stuff. That show Narootoh is gay." No, not a typo, he actually pronounced "Naruto" that way. Just shows that he hasn't even watched the show. Plus, you can't judge all anime off of Naruto, which is dubbed in english on cartoon network...

~rh

Smash Lord
I hate it when people stress the last sound of a word every sentence. I have a friend who does that, but in a high pitched voice... ugh. Really pisses me off.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
The word "Manga." I don't know, it just does. Pretty much all anime, people that think that you're both BFFs, and they just piss you off, people that cuss so much that it looses all meaning, long lists, outrageously short miniskirts that make an ordinarily attractive person look like a prostitute, pro-item in tourney threads, cats, people with lots of pet peeves, etc.

And hip hop, rap, pop, and most other popular forms of music.
So basically you get annoyed with everything!? :D

I get annoyed with rain and sand! Rain messes everything you wear and your hair!
And sand can get everywhere! I mean I live in Greece and in the summer I go for vacations near the sea (Naturally :p) and that freaking sand gets through my sandals every single time I go to the beach!

Top Bottom